Pariveda Solutions Interview Questions in Seattle, WA | Glassdoor.co.in

Pariveda Solutions Interview Questions in Seattle, WA

Interviews at Pariveda Solutions

3.5

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pariveda Solutions (Seattle, WA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

I interviewed for a role as a software engineer/consultant/technology architect. The interview process was pretty streamlined and they were very quick in setting up the interviews.

First step is the HR screen and they go over your background and see your fit for the position.

Second step is a technical phone interview with a senior manager/solutions architect. In this round they dive deeper into your resume and go through technical details of your work: design patterns, technology stack, why you did certain things and some behavioral questions.

Final round is onsite interview for ~1-2 hrs with the managing director of the local office and it is more behavioral/situational (tell me of a time when ....) interviews.

I initially applied for the role based on the reviews and compensation estimates on Glassdoor for the position. It is very misleading as I found out that it is a pretty small consulting company and they did not even come close to the minimum salary range listed for the positions.

Consultant (C1) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pariveda Solutions (Seattle, WA (US)).

Interview

Interview process consisted of one 9am-5pm day at Pariveda's office in Bellevue.
    9:00-10:00 Behavioral Interview with a VP
    10:00-11:00 Coffee/Meeting with a Consultant or Associate level employee.
    11:00-11:45 Lunch with VP(s) and Recruiter(s)
    11:45-2:30 Case Study and Presentation of Solution to VP(s) and Recruiter(s)
    2:30-5:00 B-APT Assessment (Proctored Exam)
    Behavioral Interview was normal, no questions too out of the ordinary.
    There's no great way to study for the B-APT aside from reviewing basic logic languages or knowing some assembly code type-language. The B-APT offers it's own programming language and tests you on its functionality from the ground up.
    The Case Study was difficult, but since they could present nearly any scenario it is hard to prepare for it. I suggest reviewing common algorithms, practicing other case studies, and making sure your presentation and communication skills are on par.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your boss/team leader, how you approached them about the disagreement, and how/if this affected the outcome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pariveda Solutions (Seattle, WA (US)).

Interview

It starts with a behavioral interview to get a sense of who you are as a person. If they like the way you hold yourself and how you talk, then you move on to a group case study and a 2 hour coding test. It is a pretty daunting interview process, but it was well worth it. They seemed invested in all of us on an individual level.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot about prior group projects and how you work in a team.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pariveda Solutions (Seattle, WA (US)) in November 2010.

Interview

I was recruited at a career fair that I was attending, not as a student but as someone hoping to get an entry level job since I had already graduated college in May 2010 at a different university. After talking with the very enthusiastic recruiter, I definitely took an interest in the company, and was very glad to get a call from them later that same day. I was asked if I would be available for taking a B-Apt (Berger Aptitude for Programming Test) test the very next day. I agreed.

The following day I met another friendly employee who was to give me and monitor my B-Apt test at the temporary location of the Pariveda Seattle office. It took a couple of hours to do, but I found it enjoyable. I have a background in CS so my programming experience could have helped me out, but it was really all about understanding directions and forming your result as logically as you could.

Directly after the test I was told I would have a 1/2-1 hour phone interview with a manager at Pariveda on the following Monday (I took the test on a Friday). I was also sent a Predictive Index Survey which told them a little more about your personality. All I had to do was be honest and check check-boxes. As for the interview, it was a late-hour interview since the manager was pretty busy, but I was flexible in my schedule. He asked me the basic questions ("What technologies have you done?" "What did you do for this internship on your resume?") and a couple of coding questions. We ended on a couple of questions I had about the company and the idea that if I got hired, I would (jokingly) get new favorite sports teams.

I confirmed to do an on-site 2.5 hour case interview (with two interviewers) on Wednesday which was nothing like I had ever done before. This time they were testing my consulting skills. I had to use a diagram system that I had never used before and had looked it up online the previous day to understand the general gist of it. I was definitely very nervous about my answers, but directly after the interview they told me I got an offer and invited me to a dinner with a couple of other employees (fins).

The dinner was very informative and it was nice to talk to all the other employees to hear their stories. Everyone was so friendly and they easily answered any questions I had about the company.

The offer that I got was the exact same offer I had received at another company that I had to decline due to location reasons. Pariveda had great benefits and they really seemed to care about their employees. I really liked their whole "we're not competitive so that we can support each other instead" motto. So I decided to accept their offer and send back my rewritten response on Thursday night before starting work on a client the following Monday.

I had an accelerated hiring. Most interviewing processes last way more than a week.

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Pariveda Solutions (Seattle, WA (US)) in July 2010.

Interview

The interview experience for my position was unique. I had 11 interviews over 4 months. which included a final day of flying to Dallas for an entire day of interviews. During the process, twice there were instances where I didn't hear anything for 2 weeks. When I sent emails of inquiry to the recruiter, I was always answered right away regarding next steps. The quality of the company and competiveness of the salary made it worthwhile for me to stay the course. I had an exisiting job during the interview process so I was not in a rush to be employed right away. Overall, my interview experience was a positive one. And after I flew to Dallas I knew I valued the caliber of employees found within the company and knew I wanted to be involved in this organization.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pariveda has a set salary based on your level. And typically Pariveda does not offer a hiring bonus. Pariveda's approach is to keep salaries even across each levels so everyone gets paid the same salary for the same level of work. There is a clear career path that allows for annual promotions based on performance. Salary increases are generous. Performance evaluation is clear and fair. Once you meet your career development path you are volunteered for promotion by your manager or VP. After 2 years at Pariveda you are elidgible for stock options.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.