Penske Media Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Penske Media Corporation

2.7

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Penske Media Corporation (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

Google Hangouts interview with tech staff, followed up with some email discussion and a written quiz. Had to code up a WordPress plugin with some basic requirements, "bonus points" for unit tests, coding standards, etc. Easy enough if you know what you're doing.

There was some lag time between the interview and response.

Interview Questions

• Simple coding test - write a WordPress plugin with some basic requirements   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Penske Media Corporation in May 2015.

Interview

I met with engineering management via a Google Hangout. A lot of the interview was talking and getting to know each other. Both them learning about me and my experience, and me learning about PMC and their experience working there.

Interview Questions

• A lot of the interview questions revolved around some pain points in the company and how I would approach problems or improve some current code.   1 Answer

Footwear News Copy & Production Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Penske Media Corporation (New York, NY (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

HR was very enthusiastic about arranging a phone screen ASAP—I had mine the day before Christmas Eve, and the HR rep mentioned having more interviews planned the following day. I came in the following week (a few days after Christmas) to meet with the Editor & discuss the role. Several of the duties in the listing & mentioned by HR did not align with the Editor's description of the duties involved. I was told I'd receive an answer within the next "week or two," but I never heard back. Followup emails with the Editor and HR rep were ignored.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Penske Media Corporation (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

Really easy...the interviewer did most of the talking.....I just sat there, acted interested and asked questions. It was the most low key interview I have ever had and most rewarding.

Interview Questions

• Just asked me very general questions, asked me what I wanted to do, how I wanted to do it and my background.....   Answer Question

Operation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Interview

Everyone I met during the interview process were friendly and professional, including the hiring managers and receptionist. You can either park your car or valet it. Security will swipe you to the PMC reception so arrive early for this process. In general, the work environment is pretty casual.

Staff Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Penske Media Corporation (Los Angeles, CA (US)).

Interview

It was a two tier interview process. First, on the phone and if that worked well, you get set up with one of the editors. The editor I met with was very pleasant, albeit, typical editor- a billion things on his mind. It went well, and then you are asked to produce a quick writing sample. I followed up once, received a decent response but no update on whether or not I am still a candidate. So I would say it's a long process.

Interview Questions

• Please create one writing sample based on on-the-spot fodder.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Penske Media Corporation (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I initially spoke with the Director of Talent Acquisition, met with the hiring manager and then the VP. After those meetings I developed two presentations and came back in to present to the hiring manager. Overall, had an amazing experience! Everyone was so driven and extremely helpful throughout the process.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Penske Media Corporation (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview process was quick. Had a phone interview and an in person interview.Overall the interview process was easy. The phone screen took 15 minutes and in my in person interview was about 45 minutes.

Writer/Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Penske Media Corporation.

Interview

Incredible positive. The met with the director and VP of Human Resources, and they went out of their way to make me feel comfortable and informed. They were supremely professional and kept me updated on every step of the process—and even provided me with their personal phone numbers in case I had any questions during non-business hours. I can't speak highly enough of this team.

Interview Questions

• What is my dream career scenario?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Penske Media Corporation (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

It wen't very well. It was a very simple process and every time I reached out they got back to me right away. The team was friendly and very transparent about what they wanted and what they saw as my potential strengths and weaknesses. It was the first time I decided to be very upfront on what I was bringing and not bringing to the table. that level of transparency seemed to be the charm. I honestly can say it was the smoothest interview process I've ever been through. Not many BS HR questions. Just straight to the point.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about things you've created and that made you proud   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.