Penske Media Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 29 Mar 2019

2.7

Sort:

Ad Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Penske Media Corporation (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

The entire process from when I sent my application to when I received an offer took only 11 days, partly because PMC gets busy from Nov-Feb due to award season. I was referred by a friend who works in the same department, his team has an opening. I interviewed with the Director of Operations and a Campaign Manager the first Monday of October, each person interviewed me for an hour -- they were very kind and very easy-going, there were not many "standard questions", they mostly looked over my resume and pointed out things they wanted to know more about or wanted me to be more specific. Overall the interview was very catered to my existing experience. Because it is an entry level job, they didn't expect me to have any directly relevant experience, it seems to me that they were more interested in people who are adaptable, intelligent, and can pick up things easily. The Campaign Manager even took me to tour the building, their cafeteria, and their department office. The next day I had a phone interview with the Sr. Campaign Manager, who works remotely -- it lasted about 30 minutes with him asking me more "standard questions". The director called me on the phone the next Monday and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about PMC and what this department does?   Answer Question
    • From your (previous experience), in what ways have you demonstrated how detailed-oriented you are?   Answer Question
    • Which online magazine are you most interested to learning more about?   Answer Question

E-Commerce Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Penske Media Corporation (New York, NY (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

Had three total interviews. First was phone screen by HR, then phone interview with Digital Director, then in-person with Digital Director and Managing Editor. They had me do a writing/editorial test before having me do a phone interview with the Executive Editor. After circling back a week later with EE and DD, I received no response on my candidacy and have still yet to. What was a two month process yielded no response. Outrageous.

Interview Questions

Penske Media Corporation Response

6 Sep 2018 – Vice President of HR and Corporate Communications

Thank you for your feedback. We did realize that with our recent explosive growth recruiting across PMC was getting backlogged, so we have just added a Director of Talent Acquisition to our LA team... More

Event Logistics Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Penske Media Corporation in March 2017.

Interview

Received an email from HR to do an initial phone screen, they followed up 2 weeks later with more information, and then went GHOST. Interviewer was a bit older with old interview skills, didn't know hardly anything about the job they were recruiting for and then never once replied to an email or even mentioned that the role was no longer open.

Probably a sign that they are very disorganized. RUN.

Penske Media Corporation Response

6 Sep 2018 – Vice President of HR and Corporate Communications

Thank you for your feedback. We're very sorry to hear you had a negative experience in your interview process at PMC and we take to heart your feedback that the process was not clear or swift. With... More

Footwear News Copy & Production Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Penske Media Corporation (New York, NY (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

HR was very enthusiastic about arranging a phone screen ASAP—I had mine the day before Christmas Eve, and the HR rep mentioned having more interviews planned the following day. I came in the following week (a few days after Christmas) to meet with the Editor & discuss the role. Several of the duties in the listing & mentioned by HR did not align with the Editor's description of the duties involved. I was told I'd receive an answer within the next "week or two," but I never heard back. Followup emails with the Editor and HR rep were ignored.

Business Reporter, Strategic Content Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Penske Media Corporation (New York, NY (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

Andy Limpus, the Director of Talent Acquisition, is a fantastic company representative. Every exchange with Andy was informative, honest and very encouraging. Due to Andy's positive attitude and affable nature, it was without doubt the best HR experience I've ever had. Most importantly, he gave me a very good feeling about working for PMC. Andy is unbelievably dedicated to his job and was utterly professional throughout the interview and hiring process. Thank you, Andy!

EditorialIndiewire Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Penske Media Corporation (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by an edit test. Was very basic - why do you want to work here? Etc. Asked about what articles written by Indiewire you liked, and asked what shows and movies you watched.

Associate Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Penske Media Corporation.

Interview

The process was actually really great. There was a lot of communication, I was kept in the loop, and things moved at a great pace. When I was told a next step by a certain date, it actually happened. Really enjoyed this experience and found it much more professional than a lot of other interviews I have had.

Social Media Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Penske Media Corporation in November 2018.

Interview

Unfortunately, the position was put on HOLD. The interview process took a few months, but Andy Limpus made sure to be informative and transparent each step of the way.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in your next position?
      What interest you in the BlogHer position?   Answer Question

Client Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Penske Media Corporation (New York, NY (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

I found the CSM job at SHE Media through a mutual friend and was set up to interview from there. It was a very positive experience, and everyone I met with throughout the process was great. I could tell that they were really committed to finding someone who not only could do the work, but who would be a good fit for the team. I came in twice for in-person interviews with 5 team members altogether. I also spoke with a recruiter on PMC's end, who was incredibly friendly & seemed genuinely invested in my next career move. Although I didn't accept this offer, I do think it'd be a pleasure to work with this team.

Interview Questions

• What was one of your biggest failures in your last position?   Answer Question

M T Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Penske Media Corporation (Pune) in December 2016.

Interview

After applied online mode, the process take 2-3 mounts,online test =G.K-8 to 9 marks on PMC bank and 75% based on RBI related questions,Apt-very easy, no Di, Resin- blood relation ,Direction