Penske Media Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Penske Media Interview Questions

Interviews at Penske Media

2.7

Client Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Penske Media (New York, NY (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

I found the CSM job at SHE Media through a mutual friend and was set up to interview from there. It was a very positive experience, and everyone I met with throughout the process was great. I could tell that they were really committed to finding someone who not only could do the work, but who would be a good fit for the team. I came in twice for in-person interviews with 5 team members altogether. I also spoke with a recruiter on PMC's end, who was incredibly friendly & seemed genuinely invested in my next career move. Although I didn't accept this offer, I do think it'd be a pleasure to work with this team.

Interview Questions

• What was one of your biggest failures in your last position?   Answer Question

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Penske Media (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

After applying online I was contacted by the head of the product engineering project (PEP) team. We had a brief conversation about my experience and my interest in the job.
    Following this call was an email inviting me to an online interview with other high-level members of the PEP team.
    After a successful online interview, I was invited to the LA office to meet some more people I would be working with. Everyone got a chance to ask me questions about my experience, and I had the opportunity to ask further questions about the job and the company.
    Finally, I was offered the job over a phone call a week later - after that call I was contacted by the HR team to organize my employment documents.

Interview Questions

• How familiar was I with the service providers and processes they use? (eg. Wordpress VIP, Scrum/Agile project management).   1 Answer

Social Media Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Penske Media in November 2018.

Interview

Unfortunately, the position was put on HOLD. The interview process took a few months, but Andy Limpus made sure to be informative and transparent each step of the way.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in your next position?
      What interest you in the BlogHer position?   Answer Question

Digital Sales Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Penske Media (New York, NY (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

I had 4 interviews with various members of the team. Honestly was the best set of interviews I've ever had. Nice interviewers who were very straightforward, and showed commitment to finding the right person. Some of the questions were unexpected, but in a good way. The kind of questions I would want all employers in the industry searching for creative candidates to ask. Overall, everyone was very professional and courteous.

Interview Questions

• What's one thing about you that I couldn't learn by reading your resume?   Answer Question

Solutions Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Penske Media.

Interview

The interview process was incredibly dragged on. Weeks would go by without hearing from anyone despite following up to check on the status. Ultimately, their team just does not follow up or communicate with each other as I found myself dealing with a few different team members back and forth. The recruiter even said "thanks for letting me know how things are going, I'm not really in the loop".

Interview Questions

• All standard questions through the first few rounds then there was a one hour JS proficiency test that needed to be completed. There was plenty of documentation and direction provided for this test, but still a good challenge.   Answer Question

Penske Media Response

6 Sep 2018 – Vice President of HR and Corporate Communications

Thank you for your feedback. With so much growth this year across the business we did experience a backlog in recruiting and we're very sorry that affected you. To address this need to scale, we recently added a second senior level recruiter to our team and are actively recruiting a third full-time in-house recruiter for our NY team. Regardless, we regret that you had to wait so long to hear back from us and we do hope you'll keep PMC in mind for future opportunities. Thank you again for the input.

Interview

I applied in late June and recently heard back. The recruiter was beyond helpful. I could immediately tell he cared about my career growth and wasn't just trying to fill a position because he had to. He even suggested other positions that he thought would also be a great fit.

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Penske Media.

Interview

Applied online, received an email a few weeks later to arrange the first interview. Communication was good up until after the interview. I followed up a few times but didn't hear any feedback or update for months.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in booking travel and accommodation?   Answer Question

E-Commerce Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Penske Media (New York, NY (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

Had three total interviews. First was phone screen by HR, then phone interview with Digital Director, then in-person with Digital Director and Managing Editor. They had me do a writing/editorial test before having me do a phone interview with the Executive Editor. After circling back a week later with EE and DD, I received no response on my candidacy and have still yet to. What was a two month process yielded no response. Outrageous.

Interview Questions

Penske Media Response

6 Sep 2018 – Vice President of HR and Corporate Communications

Thank you for your feedback. We did realize that with our recent explosive growth recruiting across PMC was getting backlogged, so we have just added a Director of Talent Acquisition to our LA team and are actively recruiting a second full-time in-house recruiter for our NY team. That said, we very much regret your lack of response this summer and hope it won't keep you from keeping us in mind for future opportunities as we continue to grow and streamline our talent acquisition process.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Penske Media (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

I had a phone screening and then interviewed with the team a few weeks later. They then asked for my references and followed up with them. They were very responsive and helpful the whole time.

Part Time Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Penske Media (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

After applying online through LinkedIn job posting, I received a phone call from the team leader for the first round. After that I was contacted around a week later for an on-site interview in their LA office. Everyone was very nice and the questions were not hard.

Interview Questions

• How much do you know about acquisition related finance?   Answer Question

See What Penske Media Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar     Current Software Engineer

Pros: “Everyone in engineering (from engineers to all the management and project teams) is very smart, hardworking, and nice. Everyone supports each other, wants to help others learn, and is open...”“Everyone in engineering (from engineers to all the management and project teams) is very smart, hardworking, and nice. Everyone supports each other, wants to help others learn, and is open to new ideas. It is such a wonderful environment to work in, we all lift each other up and motivate each other to do well. Everyone works hard and produces great results. PMC as a company is also really cool. The work we do is seen by millions of people every day, which makes working here very fulfilling. The company is growing, and changing, so work never gets boring. The engineers have so much to learn from each other, everyone knows so many different things. And management is supportive and cares about their employees. Also diversity and inclusion is extremely valued here, there even is a group for the women in engineering to support one another! Another perk is there are so many different projects, so you can move around and grow your career easier than at other places. Lastly, the work/life balance is fantastic. Engineering management really understands we all have things happen in life, and they encourage you to take time you need from work and value your health.” – Full Review

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.