Penske Media Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Penske Media Interview Questions

Interviews at Penske Media

2.7

Digital Sales Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Penske Media (New York, NY (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

I had 4 interviews with various members of the team. Honestly was the best set of interviews I've ever had. Nice interviewers who were very straightforward, and showed commitment to finding the right person. Some of the questions were unexpected, but in a good way. The kind of questions I would want all employers in the industry searching for creative candidates to ask. Overall, everyone was very professional and courteous.

Interview Questions

• What's one thing about you that I couldn't learn by reading your resume?   Answer Question

E-Commerce Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Penske Media (New York, NY (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

Had three total interviews. First was phone screen by HR, then phone interview with Digital Director, then in-person with Digital Director and Managing Editor. They had me do a writing/editorial test before having me do a phone interview with the Executive Editor. After circling back a week later with EE and DD, I received no response on my candidacy and have still yet to. What was a two month process yielded no response. Outrageous.

Interview Questions

Penske Media Response

6 Sep 2018 – Vice President of HR and Corporate Communications

Thank you for your feedback. We did realize that with our recent explosive growth recruiting across PMC was getting backlogged, so we have just added a Director of Talent Acquisition to our LA team... More

Solutions Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Penske Media.

Interview

The interview process was incredibly dragged on. Weeks would go by without hearing from anyone despite following up to check on the status. Ultimately, their team just does not follow up or communicate with each other as I found myself dealing with a few different team members back and forth. The recruiter even said "thanks for letting me know how things are going, I'm not really in the loop".

Interview Questions

• All standard questions through the first few rounds then there was a one hour JS proficiency test that needed to be completed. There was plenty of documentation and direction provided for this test, but still a good challenge.   Answer Question

6 Sep 2018 – Vice President of HR and Corporate Communications

Thank you for your feedback. With so much growth this year across the business we did experience a backlog in recruiting and we're very sorry that affected you. To address this need to scale, we... More

Interview

I applied in late June and recently heard back. The recruiter was beyond helpful. I could immediately tell he cared about my career growth and wasn't just trying to fill a position because he had to. He even suggested other positions that he thought would also be a great fit.

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Penske Media.

Interview

Applied online, received an email a few weeks later to arrange the first interview. Communication was good up until after the interview. I followed up a few times but didn't hear any feedback or update for months.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in booking travel and accommodation?   Answer Question

Event Logistics Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Penske Media in March 2017.

Interview

Received an email from HR to do an initial phone screen, they followed up 2 weeks later with more information, and then went GHOST. Interviewer was a bit older with old interview skills, didn't know hardly anything about the job they were recruiting for and then never once replied to an email or even mentioned that the role was no longer open.

Probably a sign that they are very disorganized. RUN.

6 Sep 2018 – Vice President of HR and Corporate Communications

Thank you for your feedback. We're very sorry to hear you had a negative experience in your interview process at PMC and we take to heart your feedback that the process was not clear or swift. With... More

Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Penske Media (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Not too bad. I received a phone call from HR, and we chatted about my experience and what would make me a good fit for the role. After that I moved on to an in person interview, which was similar to the call with HR, but included a writing test.

EditorialIndiewire Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Penske Media (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by an edit test. Was very basic - why do you want to work here? Etc. Asked about what articles written by Indiewire you liked, and asked what shows and movies you watched.

Digital Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Penske Media (New York, NY (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

The interview process took about 2- 3 weeks. I met two separate people two separate times. The third time I had to do a mock presentation. I was updated on the process, but to had reach out first to get any kind of update.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know about my sales process/approach, basically to figure out how I handle the pressure of sales in general.   1 Answer

Ad Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Penske Media (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

The entire process from when I sent my application to when I received an offer took only 11 days, partly because PMC gets busy from Nov-Feb due to award season. I was referred by a friend who works in the same department, his team has an opening. I interviewed with the Director of Operations and a Campaign Manager the first Monday of October, each person interviewed me for an hour -- they were very kind and very easy-going, there were not many "standard questions", they mostly looked over my resume and pointed out things they wanted to know more about or wanted me to be more specific. Overall the interview was very catered to my existing experience. Because it is an entry level job, they didn't expect me to have any directly relevant experience, it seems to me that they were more interested in people who are adaptable, intelligent, and can pick up things easily. The Campaign Manager even took me to tour the building, their cafeteria, and their department office. The next day I had a phone interview with the Sr. Campaign Manager, who works remotely -- it lasted about 30 minutes with him asking me more "standard questions". The director called me on the phone the next Monday and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about PMC and what this department does?   Answer Question
    • From your (previous experience), in what ways have you demonstrated how detailed-oriented you are?   Answer Question
    • Which online magazine are you most interested to learning more about?   Answer Question