Persistent Systems (India) Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Persistent Systems (India) Interview Questions

Interviews at Persistent Systems (India)

3.3

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Persistent Systems (India).

Interview

First round will be test consisting of Multiple choice, a program and a essay.Three rounds after clearing the test.First round is the main round for about one hour mainly about data structures and algorithms.Once cleared a second round discussing the projects and some more data structures questions.Final round will be HR round.

Interview Questions

• Implement a heapsort algorithm. Min-Heap Max-Heap concepts.Exceptions,Strings(Java).   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Persistent Systems (India).

Interview

Aptitude test followed by 2 technical round and 1 hr interviews. the first technical round was intense and lasted more than an hour. Questions were based on data structures , aptitude test , operating system, networks, database. In the second interview, the questions were more or less based on the technical skills mentioned in the resume and the aptitude test.

Interview Questions

• Is MS access a relational database?   1 Answer

Application

Interview

The interview process took 2 days.
    Day 1:
    Aptitude test- Featured multiple choice questions from various domains like data structures, networks, database, maths etc. Mostly, the questions were related to the engineering syllabus.
    Coding test- In a language of our choice, we were supposed to write the code in a text editor. without compiling the code. I was asked to write a code which would read a C program and delete all the comments in the original code.

For the ones who cleared both these rounds,
    Day 2:
    Personal interview- After introductions, I was asked some basic questions about my final year project. After that, I was given a paper and was asked to write code for simple problems. The interviewer then progressively made changes to the problem statement making it more complex. After that, I was asked some basic questions about databases and was asked to write a couple of sql statements.

After clearing the personal interview,
    HR interview- Since this was a college recruiting process, there were no salary negotiations. The HR interview was similar to an informal conversation which didn't last more than 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What are the ACID properties in database?
      This was unexpected as the interviewer asked me this while I was in the middle of writing a C code for a problem he had given.
      The question isn't difficult at all, but it did surprise me.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Persistent Systems (India) in September 2010.

Interview

1 Aptitude and essay test. 3 rounds of interview which includes 2 technical and one HR interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No increment

Application

Interview

First had to give a technical written exam with 2 programs along with multiple choice questions. On clearing , There were 2 rounds of technical interview, If cleared HR interview takes place. "How will you test addition of programs". Simple question bu they are no looking for obvious answers. Try giving as many cases as you can. I gave 20 test cases on the spot. Few more software engg questions. First interview was more to know your interests and discuss your answers given in tech exam. They want to see whether you are confident and can somebody confuse you easily. Few puzzles were also asked

Interview Questions

• None, They check for presence of mind. Don't want correct answers just want to check your logic and way of thinking.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were giving highest package in our university. No negotiations as had university placement.

Application

Interview

aptitude test, technical interview, hr interview. The aptitude test had few programming questions, computer science concept questions, questions related to testing concepts were asked in the technical round

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Persistent Systems (India).

Interview

I got interviewed during campus placements. The interview was mostly on java and data structures and then I had hr round. The technical round went for around 45 mins and I was asked to write a logic.

Application

Interview

First you will have to attempt for an aptitude test. If you get cleared in aptitude test, you will be called for a first technical interview. If you clear that you will be called for 2nd technical interview.If you clear technical round, HR round is a cakewalk

Interview Questions

• Write a program to check if the number is prime.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Persistent Systems (India) in June 2015.

Interview

1. Aptitude test that includes Quantitative questions, Technical questions
    2. Phone Interview
    3. 1:1 Interview
    Process takes around 1 month. But they are prompt to reply the status update of the interview. Technical wuestions are not that difficult but include mostly basics. Phone interview is also not so difficult. 1:1 interview contains some actual code writing

SOC Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Persistent Systems (India) (New York, NY (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

The process was quite easy. Consisted of 3 rounds 2 technical and 1 formal/hr round.
    It was for contractual requirement wherein the interview was conducted both by contracting company as well as the hiring company.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.