Find jobs for Team Member

Pet Supplies Plus Team Member Interview Questions

Updated 31 Mar 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Pet Supplies Plus

1.9
HardAverageEasy
Found 23 candidate interviews
Pet Supplies Plus
Application

I interviewed at Pet Supplies Plus

Interview

Very casual, just dress business casual and you'll be good to go. The manager is very nice and likes to throw some fun questions in too. Overall the interview process is not daunting at all.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Do you have any animals at home? What are their names? Q: Do you have any experience in working in a fast pace environment that involves handling animals.
    Answer Question
Pet Supplies Plus
Application

I interviewed at Pet Supplies Plus

Interview

The process was pretty laid back. They asked standard interview questions and did some role playing scenarios with me regarding customers that would enter the store. The application was completely online and I think only a resume was required. An in person interview was scheduled which included a mini tour of the store.

Interview Questions
Pet Supplies Plus
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pet Supplies Plus

Interview

I applied online then the very next day I was called to come in for an interview later in the week. Had a basic 30 min conversation getting to know who I am. They took background information and once it was cleared got offered position.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time where you were able to resolve an issue with an unhappy customer.
Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pet Supplies Plus (Knoxville, TN) in Jun 2020

Interview

Was promised reasonable accommodations, which were breaks I was already entitled to per the employee handbook verbally through the interview. Was told later I should have submitted documentation, though I was never informed of this by the interviewing managers or any other manager. All were aware of the situation. Was also promised to be trained in all areas but was only trained as a cashier. Was literally the only person not trained in other areas, including new hires. Also never told me what I would be paid despite me asking several times.

Pet Supplies Plus
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pet Supplies Plus

Interview

Applied online and was requested to complete part 2 of the application via email. Not even 24 hours later, I was called for a 10-20 minute phone screen. Again, not even 24 hours later I was called to set up an interview. Also, was drug-tested on the spot!

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if a co-worker stole money from the cash register?
  • Why do you want to work at PSP?
  • How would you greet customers once they were at checkout?
Pet Supplies Plus
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pet Supplies Plus

Interview

Applied online, received a phone call about a week later to schedule an interview. Interview itself took about 15 minutes and received an email the next day that I was hired.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work for us? Are you afraid of tarantulas and snakes?
Pet Supplies Plus
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pet Supplies Plus in Jun 2019

Interview

There was a phone interview and then an in-person interview a couple of days later. The phone interview involved more questions about your work history/experience and some situational questions. The in-person interview was all situational questions involving specific parts of the store. I'm not sure if this is for every location, but my interviewer said employees are required to work at least once every month (so this wouldn't be a job for someone who goes to a university far from home).

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if a colleague didn't have money and wanted to take money out of the cash register to buy something to drink/eat?
  • Someone comes up to you and asks for help finding food for their dog. What kind of questions would you ask them to find the best food for his/her dog?
Pet Supplies Plus
Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pet Supplies Plus in Jan 2018

Interview

I applied online, about a day or two later, I got a email asking to fill out a more detailed application. After a couple days, a team leader called me wanting to schedule an interview. The interview was about 15 minutes, it was very relaxed. About three days later, I got a job offer.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work for PSP?
  • Tell us about a problem or conflict you had and how you resolved it.
Anonymous Employee in Billerica, MA
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Pet Supplies Plus (Billerica, MA) in Aug 2017

Interview

Short and relatively simple. After a few questions they do an oral drug test. After passing, they gave me a name tag and shirt and I started working that day.

Interview Questions
Pet Supplies Plus
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pet Supplies Plus in Jun 2017

Interview

I applied online. I provided a personally tailored resume and cover letter, references from the executive directors of the local area animal shelters from my time volunteering there, and a list of just some of my awards during my time as a dog handler (including two national championships), plus a year of work experience as a cashier (I'm only 17) and I was still recived and email stating that they had "decided to pursue candidates with better qualifications." Pretty sure I only even got a response was because I called the store to ask if there were any updates on my resume after waiting for over two weeks, and I just heard back a few days after the call.

Interview Questions
Viewing 1 - 10 of 23 Interviews

Popular Careers with Pet Supplies Plus Job Seekers