Philips Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Philips

1,203 Interview Reviews

2.9

Computer Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Philips (Boston, MA (US)) in November 2009.

Interview

They picked up questions from the system randomly, most of the questions are behavior questions, like what do you do when you have conflict with your teammate during the work. Some background check questions like describe the most difficult problem you have had during work. General questions, better to be prepared

Interview Questions

• Do you have plans for the next 5 or 10 years?   1 Answer
    • are you willing to do more work than the others teammates do in your teamwork?   1 Answer

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Somerset, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Somerset, NJ (US)) in May 2011.

Interview

application, ph interview, on-site interviews (x2)

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Philips?   1 Answer

Contract Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Philips (Foster City, CA (US)) in June 2012.

Interview

I think the interview process really varies. You can start at as a temp. I've seen a lot of people hired from contract positions to permanent ones. Some hires are quickly brought on board. Some are put through a number of interviews. It really depends on your manager. It's not very regimented.

Interview Questions

• You are asked a lot of situational questions and question that are meant to get to who you are and what your values are.   2 Answers

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Stamford, CT (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

Applied online in March 2019, in a few days the HR interviewed for the 1st round and next week a senior manager interviewed for the 2nd round. Next week onsite, 2 senior managers and a senior in the same role. First two round is just about 10 min each and the last one is 30-45 mins for each interviewer. One suggestion is to pay more attention to the first two rounds and it is kind of hurt since it took me 4 hours and more than $50 to go to the office for the onsite round and thought it was nice to talk but nobody respond, only get the result from the online application system. But people are friendly during the interview.

Interview Questions

• about past experience and the role, forecast and teamwork   Answer Question

Planner Interview

Interview

Standard interview process.

Interview Questions

• What's your most challenged experience you have before   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Philips (Andover, MA (US)) in July 2011.

Interview

Got an interview through internal referral. The technical interview process took half a day with 6 people (1 HR, architect, tech lead and peers). Questions included basic programming questions, past projects, OOP design.

Interview Questions

• Write a Fibonacci function.
      Describe a project you have worked on in details (include class diagram, sequence diagram, etc)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Foster City, CA (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

Initial phone screen with the recruiter followed by another technical phone screen. Then in-person interview two technical (peer panel and manager) and two behavioral with peers / managers. Technical interviews involved a mix of high-level design and technology specific questions related to their products. All interviewers were very open to questions and thoroughly explained the organization and products.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions to verify skills / knowledge listed on the resume   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

There were both technical questions and behavioral questions. The technical questions were not bad. They look for creative answers.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Philips (San Francisco, CA (US)) in July 2008.

Interview

Phone interviews leading to on-site interview in the Bay Area. Flew in for interviews in the office for the day. In-person interviews with engineers and leadership. Asked to perform a presentation on an architecture for a system given certain parameters to figure out how I think and what the style of presentation of a technical idea.

Interview Questions

• Present a detailed architecture for a system that must perform certain functionality.   1 Answer

Salary wasn't competitive with other offers.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Philips (Andover, MA (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

Referred by a friend who works there. Scheduled a conf. call initial interview with primarily a single person asking the questions. Later that same day they contacted me to schedule an in-person interview for 5 days later. That interview lasted 4 hours and I met with 5 people. The hiring manager, the architect, and level 3, 4, & 5 software engineers. They were all very sharp and didn't focus on gotcha questions. 2 days later I had an offer in hand.

Interview Questions

• Had me comment on someone's code. Looking for me to offer advice on how to cleanup code, refactor, etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had previously told the HR rep who setup the phone interview my desired salary. When the offer came it was exactly what I had asked for so I accepted it. It was a great offer and I didn't want to appear greedy by trying for more.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.