Philips Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Philips

1,174 Interview Reviews

2.9

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA (US)

Interview

Process stopped because they shared my candidacy along with my cv with my current employer without my consent. Total disrespect of confidentiality. A company that I will never trust not only as a prospect employer but also as a consumer.

Head of Communication Male Brands Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very complex and not well organized, disrespectful for the candidate. I felt like in school being asked many questions without having a real and meaningful conversation. The attitude of the interviewer was also very patronizing and not at all pleasant

Interview Questions

• What should be the communication strategy for their male division?   Answer Question

Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Philips.

Interview

Intense, many-stage selection procedure (CV, phone call with HR, meeting with manager, formal interview, and ending in a 3-day business case challenge with group work, pitches, presentations, sales role plays and more). What I liked the most is that I didn't really fit the profile but they appreciated the social impact motivation and wanted to also try something different. Great personal contact with the people that interviewed.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online and then was invited for an interview after approximately 2 weeks. Afterwards, had two 30-minute interviews one after another with 4 managers, so basically with the whole team.

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Haifa (Israel)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Philips (Haifa (Israel)).

Interview

They are looking for prior design experience (not managment). The first interview with HR person, next technical interview with team leader, next is testing with Pilat (full day testing) and a last interview with manager. At technical interview they are looking for prior design experience and less management roles. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• GD&T especially geometrical tolerancing, Tolerance Stack Analysis, Screws Calculations, prior Aluminium Sand Casting design and manufacture experience.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineering Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Philips (Mumbai) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview was mainly of 4 rounds...
    1aptitude
    2group discussion
    3technical
    4hr
    Each round had an elimination... The first round is pretty easy where just the general concept of mathematics were asked...group discussion is to test your general knowledge...so be prepared for it..

Interview Questions

• Group discussion: private hospitals vs government hospitals
      Odd-eveb system in delhi   Answer Question

Technical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Philips in December 2014.

Interview

First a technical test followed by two interview rounds, technical test also had aptitude questions and questions related to power systems. Interview was completely core and was very difficult, No one was able to crack the interview and they didn't hire anyone

Interview Questions

• Nothing like unexpected but question from all the areas like communications, power and digital electronics were asked   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Bothell, WA (US)) in September 2010.

Interview

The recruiters were very responsive and quick to contact me. After that I was interviewed by managers in the headquarters on the East Coast. Finally I was called into Bothell--twice. The second time I had to present on a giant screen to who knows how many people. It was incredibly uncomfortable. I was among the finalists and later heard the "successful" candidate is absolutely miserable.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a successful marketing campaign you participated in   Answer Question

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Philips in April 2010.

Interview

Initial Screening/Interview organization

The interview process was not very considerate or organized. I initially recieved a screen call out of the blue with no notice by email. Primarily, there were questions based on work history, education, etc. After the screening, the HR rep. mentioned that there would be a referral for a second interview, or 1:1 interview.

Second Screening from HR

There was not email or contact information given after the call. I was not sure if I would hear from them again. One week later, I received an email from another HR manager, to schedule another screen meeting. The hiring manager reviewed my resume, but felt that I needed to answer additional behaviorial questions from an HR manager. This interview took an additional 30 to 45 minutes. As I am answering the questions, I had to wait for the HR rep to write down my responses. She in turn submitted my answers to the hiring manager and I finally got approved for a 1:1 meeting with the manager.

In-person interview

Once again, I received a last minute email from HR to interview with the hiring manager on the next business day. There was not structure given for this interview, so I had to prepare for everything. The 1:1 meeting turned out to be a group interview with another analyst. It was pretty grueling. There was additional behavioral questions, but additional questions were asked to explain in detail. After the questions, there was a surprise skills test on requirement gathering. There was an additional question for SQL query coding. However, the SQL code excersice was not basic, as it required an 'if, else clause'. The questiosn were directly related to the position, causing a challenge, if you were not familiar with the products or customers.

The overall experience was annoying. There was no consideration of time or organization when setting up the interviews. The surprise element was not too fun. An unannounced test appeared to be a "gotcha" moment and used as personal entertainment, versus being used as an informative tool. I understood the managers' reason to be very particular, but I did not get the chance to get a true feel of the company. The interview was 95% about the job and their needs. I had about a 5% chance to ask questions about the company. Interviews are also marketing tools and that opportunity was lost on me. However, I believe that Philips is a good company. I chose to take the experience as a positive and use the experience as a tool to prepare for interviews in the future.

Interview Questions

• What overall business processes did I change?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Andover, MA (US)) in December 2008.

Interview

After three different phone screenings, flew me across the Pacific Ocean to interview me during the holiday season. The interview took all day..met with dept heads, division heads, technical people, other product managers..it was grueling..

Interview Questions

• Majority of the questions were related to products and market segment related.   1 Answer

From my POV, I just didn't click with my direct supervisor. She seemed to be very set to her own way of doing things and not open to new ideas.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.