Philips Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Philips

1,127 Interview Reviews

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

There were both technical questions and behavioral questions. The technical questions were not bad. They look for creative answers.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Philips (San Francisco, CA (US)) in July 2008.

Interview

Phone interviews leading to on-site interview in the Bay Area. Flew in for interviews in the office for the day. In-person interviews with engineers and leadership. Asked to perform a presentation on an architecture for a system given certain parameters to figure out how I think and what the style of presentation of a technical idea.

Interview Questions

• Present a detailed architecture for a system that must perform certain functionality.   1 Answer

Salary wasn't competitive with other offers.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroeville, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Monroeville, PA (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process itself was very efficient and well organized. It started with a phone screen with the development manager, then two team members, and finally an on-site interview. I was very impressed with the team, and I believe the feeling was mutual since I got an offer within an hour of the interview. I was ready to accept the offer, but here's when things went south:

At the time I was on an OPT visa and Philips promised to sponsor me for an H1-B application (it was mentioned in the offer letter as well). Right before accepting the offer, a friend of mine told me that Philips doesn't hire foreign nationals of certain countries. This went against the fact that Philips is an Equal Opportunity Employer (as advertised in the job description), which entitles the company to not discriminate against country of origin. Just to be safe however, I decided to send the HR an email respectfully asking if there were any restrictions related to my country of origin. She responded to the email and wanted me to call her immediately on her phone. When I did that, she told me that unfortunately Philips cannot hire or sponsor me due to my country of origin and that she was going to take the offer back. I'd imagine the reason the wanted me to call her rather than respond over email was because she didn't want it to be easily traceable, which could potentially cause legal issues since in reality they were breaking the law. Smart move Philips.

The worst part is that I had already declined another offer and wasn't able to get it back. In the future, if you're going to break the law, please at least try to be more discreet about it and try to determine the country of origin of the candidate before giving them an offer.

Interview Questions

• - Reverse a string without using a built-in function
      - Write unit tests for a piece of code that's written by another team member   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Philips (Andover, MA (US)) in July 2011.

Interview

Got an interview through internal referral. The technical interview process took half a day with 6 people (1 HR, architect, tech lead and peers). Questions included basic programming questions, past projects, OOP design.

Interview Questions

• Write a Fibonacci function.
      Describe a project you have worked on in details (include class diagram, sequence diagram, etc)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Penn Pitt, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philips (Penn Pitt, PA (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

Phone round lasted an hour. Very punctual, very informative. Answered all my quetion about the company. Started off with reviewing resume, and then went into programming question and OS concepts.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philips (New York, NY (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

After I submitted my resume and cover letter, a had a phone interview within a week. I had 2 panel interviews within the next few weeks, and then I received the offer. Skill set and a good fit with company culture seemed like important criteria for them.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your skills sets that you have to offer   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Philips (Sacramento, CA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

2 rounds of interview. One on-site, one is giving your code for them to review. They asked some brain-storming questions that's not related to programming. The manager is very friendly

Interview Questions

• Asked about OOP design. Tell them using a car as example   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Good and Fair. Not difficult. HR are professional and friendly. People are pretty gentle and did not ask ask too many hard questions. Hiring manger and his team are very professional and kind.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philips.

Interview

I was contacted by them through email to apply online after meeting them at the career fair. After applying to different positions online, they followed up with a phone interview for a specific position.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions about basic computer architecture.   Answer Question

Software Test Engineer Interview

Interview

It was a quick 15 minute phone interview followed up by an on site interview with two of the managers working there where they asked mostly behavioral questions and a few technical questions as well.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you overcame a challenge?   1 Answer