Philips Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Philips

1,284 Interview Reviews

2.9

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Philips in January 2020.

Interview

Had an initial phone screen and then 2 phone interviews that went well with current employees (one who was in HR and another who worked in SC), pretty standard stuff to that point. But then I had a 3rd phone interview with who I believe would have been my boss had I received an offer but my god from the start to finish he just made it clear that he didn't want to hire me and was just beyond unprofessional. He had called 10 minutes late without even acknowledging it and just sounded uninterested during the entire interview like he had somewhere else to be (which he clearly did because the call ended when it should have, despite the late start). At times I genuinely thought I could hear him snoring while I was answering some of his questions and for the majority of the questions that I asked him, he answered with 1/2 words or "I don't know". I was a little happy in the end to not get an offer knowing that I'd be reporting to him and would definitely consider applying to Philips in the future if the right opportunity arises since everyone else who I spoke with was more than happy to answer anything. That being said, for the sake of the company and his department I really hope they stop letting that guy conduct interviews.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Philips (San Diego, CA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Volcano Division

Had discussions with the company recruiter and the hiring manager. Spoke twice with hiring manager actually. Followed by in person interviews which were a mess. Interview panel was also in all day meetings, the timing was shuffled, and the panel appeared stressed and tired. Additional interviewer added on the fly. Nobody seemed happy - not a single smile all day.

The interviews were fairly straight forward. I left the facility feeling the division was disorganized and lacked vision. My gut told me something was off.

After a week I followed up with the Philips recruiter to determine the status. Nothing. Two weeks later followed up again and was told the hiring manager wasn’t responsive and was traveling a lot.

After another week I wrote the Philips recruiter and withdrew my candidacy and offered to follow up live if he’d like to discuss my reasons. I never heard from the recruiter again.

I know from a colleagues who is a Philips executive the division has struggled and my belief now is that it’s clearly at the top.

I’d recommend caution with the Volcano division.

Ford Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Philips (Colorado Springs, CO (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Interview was brief but in depth. Manager interviewing was very knowledgeable and fair. I felt he asked the right questions to gage my hireability and for for both the company and the position. He took time to explain in-depth the job and benefit opportunities and what was expected in this position.

Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Philips.

Interview

It began with a 30 minute phone screening asking basic questions about resume. I was then asked to come in for a 2 hour on campus interview, which was split into two 1 hour interviews with 3 person panels. The process was relatively quick and the interviewers felt like they were on my side.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions tailored to my resume, so just be able to speak to and apply the experience on your resume   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philips.

Interview

The first interview was very informal. It was over the phone. I had an easy-going conversation with HR who asked about my resume. The individual interviewing me also provided me with more information on the job that I was applying for and supplied a quick overview of the company's history and how the particular division came about.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to further discuss my resume and my job duties at previous internships.   1 Answer

Program Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Philips in December 2019.

Interview

At my current manager's urging, i set up a networking conversation with the hiring manager. I had not applied for the role. At the end of the call, they said, "this has been a great interview. I'd like for you to talk with three other people including the VP". I spoke with the VP about four days later and was offered the job by that person while on the phone. I never interviewed with the other two people.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Philips in December 2019.

Interview

Two interview with different senior scientists in the team. Both technical interviews related to previous projects, general machine learning questions, and previous intern experience. As the role was very close to dissertation work, went into details of that as a followup to the previous questions.

Interview Questions

• Brief description of dissertation project and details of the machine learning techniques used.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Philips in December 2019.

Interview

It was online interview.They were really on time. They asked me questions based on my CV about my background in medical image processing and work permit in usa and availability to move there.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Philips (Stamford, CT (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

2 hour process. 3 separate interviews with the managers, but same questioning pattern. Behavioral and soft skill questions followed by scenarios in which you sell them any product you feel comfortable with.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Philips.

Interview

Started with phone interview, no algorithm questions and only about OOP, multithreading, C++ features. Called in for onsite interview a week later, and again, no algorithm questions. They asked OOP and C++ features more in depth. However, one of the team members kept interrupting me when I was answering questions and trying to reason through my answers. It was a bit uncomfortable for me.