Philips Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Philips

1,174 Interview Reviews

2.9

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Philips (Andover, MA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

I got 2 interviews one was on campus .After my first round almost after 2 weeks they invited me to their office at Andover for final interview. It was very smooth.

Interview Questions

• Mysql and Java questions and few basic data structure questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Philips (New York, NY (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

Total 4 rounds:
    1) Online Test( which included asp.net + aptitude reasoning questions)
    2) Telephonic technical round
    3) face to face technical round
    4) HR round

Panel were good...it was not that difficult...you should have some basic +relevant +good knowledge for the position you are applying for.

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Philips (Bothell, WA (US)) in January 2011.

Interview

Phone interview
    Then invited to company campus for a 6 hour interview (9AM - 3PM no lunch break).

Interview Questions

• Tell about your old projects in C++
      Behavior questions from the project managers:
       - What would you do if a member in your group is not active?
       - How do you motivate yourself?
       - What do you see yourself in 10 years?
       - Have you ever had a problem that you could not solve? What did you do in that situation?
       - Have you ever brought up an innovative idea to your team?
      ...   Answer Question
    • What is polymorphism?
      How to know if a linked list is circular?
      When to use static_cast and dynamic_cast?
      What's the use of declaring a constructor as private?
      Using object-oriented design, implement a text editor.
      Given a piece of C++ code (of their project), explain what it is doing.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Bothell, WA (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

Interview process is pretty simple. Mostly basic programming questions, especially in C++

Software Engineer IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Bothell, WA (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

So I got a interview through a internal referral. Had a conversation with the Manager, than 3 team members interviewed one on one. It was very de-moralizing because I didn't get any feedback. I tried contacting them several times, but no help at all.

Software Engineer IV Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Foster City, CA (US)) in October 2010.

Interview

Phone interview consisted of questions on Win32, MFC, COM and ATL questions.

Once the phone screen is complete, the in person interviews were on site in Foster City. First interview was the design of a distributed system using Objected Oriented techniques. SEcond interview was about C++ , templates and STL. Third Interview was about algorithms and data structures.

Interview Questions

• Design an algorithm for walking a tree-like data structure and serialize it XML   Answer Question
    • Design a smart pointer class whose behavior can be changed by policies.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were pretty fixed on the offer. I had to move to because of personal reasons, so accepted it.

Software Engineering Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Philips (Bothell, WA (US)) in May 2010.

Interview

I applied to the position through my college career website and got an interview a few weeks later. The interview was on campus with a few technical managers for different possible placements. All of the managers with very nice and laid-back. Mostly behavioral questions with a few basic technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a situation of conflict with your group while working on a project and how did you handle this?   Answer Question
    • What is a binary tree? How many nodes are in a binary tree of N height?   Answer Question

Strategic Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Philips (New York, NY (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

HR set up a phone interview with hiring manager. A hiring manager called me 25 minutes later from the original appointment time. Interview questions were not difficult for me. However, the hiring manager was not fully ready to listen.

SQA Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Philips in December 2013.

Interview

Met with manager, tech lead and PM. Asked reasonable questions and there was a real job at the end. Standard interview with reasonable questions. Got offer and was there for almost 5 years as a contractor.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Andover, MA (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

Quick phone interview with HR, another phone interview with the hiring manager, office interviews with three managers. Very good communication, fast process. Everyone was very friendly and company kept in touch throughout the whole process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate