Philips Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Philips Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Philips

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Philips (Baltimore, MD (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

After applying online, I spoke to an internal recruiter for a phone screen. Afterwards, I spoke to a manager about my experience and was given a coding exercise to complete. I was then invited to an in-person interview. The first part of the interview was a Q&A with a panel about my resume. For the second part, I was presented with a laptop and told to complete several coding exercises while one developer was present in the room. The development environment on the laptop was poorly prepared and I had to assist the interviewer to get it running. After about a week, I was told that I did not get the position since the interviewers did not understand my solutions.

Interview Questions

• Write a Python application to parse and aggregate a JSON object.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Philips

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philips (Boston, MA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

I had a phone interview. This interview did not feel particularly warm. It was most probably because my first point of contact was not a recruiter whom you usually talk to first before talking to the main engineering team. It felt like an interrogation.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philips.

Interview

I was contacted by them through email to apply online after meeting them at the career fair. After applying to different positions online, they followed up with a phone interview for a specific position.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions about basic computer architecture.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Good and Fair. Not difficult. HR are professional and friendly. People are pretty gentle and did not ask ask too many hard questions. Hiring manger and his team are very professional and kind.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Philips (Sacramento, CA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

2 rounds of interview. One on-site, one is giving your code for them to review. They asked some brain-storming questions that's not related to programming. The manager is very friendly

Interview Questions

• Asked about OOP design. Tell them using a car as example   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Philips (New York, NY (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

Total 4 rounds:
    1) Online Test( which included asp.net + aptitude reasoning questions)
    2) Telephonic technical round
    3) face to face technical round
    4) HR round

Panel were good...it was not that difficult...you should have some basic +relevant +good knowledge for the position you are applying for.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Philips.

Interview

Talked with recruiters at a career fair at school. After the fair was over I waited and had a brief interview with one of the recruiters. Nailed every single question they asked, but was told I couldn't work there due to me not taking a data structures course.

Interview Questions

• Explain (generally) object-oriented programming languages   Answer Question
    • What are abstract classes and why are they important?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philips.

Interview

Typical initial phone screen. They asked me questions about my resume and my experiences with programing and software engineering. They also discussed other possible opportunities at Philips besides the position that I applied for to see what fit me best.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philips (New York, NY (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

After I submitted my resume and cover letter, a had a phone interview within a week. I had 2 panel interviews within the next few weeks, and then I received the offer. Skill set and a good fit with company culture seemed like important criteria for them.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your skills sets that you have to offer   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroeville, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Monroeville, PA (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process itself was very efficient and well organized. It started with a phone screen with the development manager, then two team members, and finally an on-site interview. I was very impressed with the team, and I believe the feeling was mutual since I got an offer within an hour of the interview. I was ready to accept the offer, but here's when things went south:

At the time I was on an OPT visa and Philips promised to sponsor me for an H1-B application (it was mentioned in the offer letter as well). Right before accepting the offer, a friend of mine told me that Philips doesn't hire foreign nationals of certain countries. This went against the fact that Philips is an Equal Opportunity Employer (as advertised in the job description), which entitles the company to not discriminate against country of origin. Just to be safe however, I decided to send the HR an email respectfully asking if there were any restrictions related to my country of origin. She responded to the email and wanted me to call her immediately on her phone. When I did that, she told me that unfortunately Philips cannot hire or sponsor me due to my country of origin and that she was going to take the offer back. I'd imagine the reason the wanted me to call her rather than respond over email was because she didn't want it to be easily traceable, which could potentially cause legal issues since in reality they were breaking the law. Smart move Philips.

The worst part is that I had already declined another offer and wasn't able to get it back. In the future, if you're going to break the law, please at least try to be more discreet about it and try to determine the country of origin of the candidate before giving them an offer.

Interview Questions

• - Reverse a string without using a built-in function
      - Write unit tests for a piece of code that's written by another team member   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.