Pioneer Hybrid International Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Pioneer Hybrid International Interview Questions

Interviews at Pioneer Hybrid International

2.9

Communication Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnston, IA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pioneer Hybrid International (Johnston, IA (US)).

Interview

Was contacted for a phone interview, and completed a week after being contacted. Was then contacted the following week for a in-person interview. That formal interview took place two weeks later. I was told a decision would be made the following week. Never heard a word after the interview after trying to contact HR and hiring manager three separate times.

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnston, IA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Pioneer Hybrid International (Johnston, IA (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

Probably the worst interviews I've ever had. Unrealistic expectations and little understanding of the field. Had multiple interviewers, met the team, and overall felt like the interview went well but the culture seemed stuffy. They do seem to be very forward thinking with technology and hiring a lot. Seemed like a company who has processes to plan for processes that may never happen. With rules that invade personal life. Was told you could get fired for calling into a meeting from your car. Not a big fan of the IT office setup. Seemed cluttered. Spoke with a couple team members who seemed very concerned about mergers and layoffs with a lot of staff becoming contractors. Not sure I would recommend this company. The larger panel and questions unrelated to my role was very off putting. The job description didn't match the title I interviewed for. At least some of the team seemed to have a really great sense of humor. Every interview was long and ran over time. Very poor follow up and feedback. Took a very long time to complete the process.

Interview Questions

• What tools do you use?   Answer Question
    • Describe your process   Answer Question
    • Have you worked with Agile?   Answer Question
    • Do you prefer a cubicle? Would you rather work from home (which wasn't an option)   Answer Question
    • What kind of fruit would you be?   Answer Question
    • Do you always wear your seatbelt (apparently you get written up for this)   1 Answer
    • Why should I hire you?   Answer Question
    • What can you do for our department? Are you comfortable working with multiple teams? Still figuring this stuff out and may need you to work on multiple teams.   Answer Question
    • What do you know about farming? Do you have an interest in agriculture?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about ag technology?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • How do you problem solve? How do you work with difficult co-workers or work through disagreements?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of overcoming failure   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with impediments   Answer Question
    • Previous experience with development   Answer Question
    • Educational background   Answer Question
    • Was asked multiple coding questions, but I'm not a developer or applying for that kind of position. Made me think they didn't know what UX is.   Answer Question

Temporary Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johnston, IA (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pioneer Hybrid International (Johnston, IA (US)) in December 2009.

Interview

Interview was casual, with the interviewer asking many thought provoking questions to make sure you can solve problems and work with other people. Some hypothetical questions were also asked, some of which didn't really make sense, but it seemed like they were basically trying to see your thought process.

Interview Questions

• How can what you've learned in school help in the laboratory environment?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They have a set rate they pay all of their temporary workers.

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pioneer Hybrid International.

Interview

Must fill out on line application through DuPont as they own Pioneer.
    web site can be difficult to navigate. often wonder if your submissions get lost in the IT desert and never to be seen again.
    They auto sort by outside third party that will also conduct a phone interview. If you pass this and they will tell you on the phone they will then schedule you for a face to face.
    Face to face is a three person panel one from management one from HR and a Representative from production in the plant. This is a scored interview according g to how questions are answered not sure how they score as the same answer can get different scores in every interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult situation you have been in and what did you do?   Answer Question

Production Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodhull, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pioneer Hybrid International (Woodhull, IL (US)) in July 2008.

Interview

one interview by 6 people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

non negotiatable

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Pioneer Hybrid International.

Interview

I applied online and didn’t hear back for 2 months. I got called and did a phone interview and then received an in-person interview a week later. I started 3 weeks after the last interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when something hasn’t gone the way you planned and what did you do after?   Answer Question

Production Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Litchfield, IL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Pioneer Hybrid International (Litchfield, IL (US)) in May 2012.

Interview

I started as an intern. Worked 3 years as a temp employee watching other people less qualified and or deserving get hired based on other reasons. But I stuck with it and proved worthy by my peers. Felt like a great accomplishment. Became part of a fraternity so to speak.

Interview Questions

• What would make you a good employee   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pioneer Hybrid International in March 2013.

Interview

Lots of questions involving problem solving and how you would do something.
    Safety was a huge thing during the interview. A couple questions regarding safe workplace and what to do if there are unsafe actions going on at your location.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if another employee is doing something unsafe?   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Pioneer Hybrid International.

Interview

First we had an in-person interview where we discussed my background and skills. They asked probing questions to make sure that I understood at a deep level. They asked both "HR" and "data science" type questions. Then they sent me an coding challenge test, then came the final interview in Iowa. Everyone was very nice and friendly, but they definitely checked to make sure I knew my stuff.

Interview Questions

• Why would you use PLS over PCA? Which type of regularization does LASSO regression use?   Answer Question

Training Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux City, IA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pioneer Hybrid International (Sioux City, IA (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

I was greeted and checked in at the front desk where I was presented with safety standards and regulations. I was then greeted by one of the managers, who then took me to the conference room where I met with three individuals. After answering questions, I was offered the opportunity to ask questions of my own, followed by a tour of the facility.