Pluralsight Data Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Pluralsight Data Scientist Interview Questions

Interviews at Pluralsight

3.3

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pluralsight in May 2019.

Interview

I got a phone screen. Recruiter told me he will set up a phone call with Data Science Manager for a technical round and would send an email in 30 mins for details. No response to my emails. Very rude. Glad to learn their approach to employees. You don't want to work in deceptive environment

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Pluralsight

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pluralsight (Boston, MA (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

Applied online for Machine Learning Engineer position, but they thought a data scientist position was more relevant to my resume and hence shifted me to the data scientist interview process.
    The HR was really polite and knowledgeable. Then I had an hour long conversation with one of the data scientists at the company. The guy answered all my technical questions related to the business and algorithms that work behind them. He mainly asked me about my background and tried to get hold of the experiences I had. Then I was given a take home coding challenge which did not have a specific deadline(which I liked as i could work on it whenever I was free). Unfortunately they didnt think my experience was enough to go forward but the HR called me personally to deliver the results of the coding challenge and also briefed me why i was not selected(when I asked for a particular reason) which I think was very professional. Overall even though I did not get selected, I got a good hang of what kind of data they have in their system and what kind of algorithms they work on. It was a great learning experience and would probably help me later in a similar company.

Though I wish I could be selected as I really liked the kind of work that they are doing, i have no regrets.

Thanks for a wonderful interview experience and valuing my time.

Interview Questions

• Questions about work, experience with python
      coding challenge was based on an algorithm that they already use to predict question and user rankings   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Pluralsight in February 2017.

Interview

* Contacted by HR phone screener, about a month and a half after I submitted an application online. This phone screen took about 10 minutes (I almost gave up because he was 15 minutes late in calling me and sounded very rushed).
    * One week later, had a 1:1 with the hiring manager, via "bluejeans" video conference. This was another basic interview, about projects I had worked on in the past, general data science knowledge. Pretty low-key, and lasted about an hour.
    * Another week later, had a take-home test, looking at some data similar to what they look like in their position and developing a model. Had the chance to do this over a weekend; was about 5-6 hours of work.
    * Then had a group discussion via bluejeans with hiring manager and 5 other team members; all but 2 were at different sites from each other. This took around 3 hours of time. Discussed my take-home project and more general data science questions.
    * I was then invited to come out to Farmington, UT, to have an on-site visit. At this point, I declined to move forward in the process, because the job didn't seem like a good fit for what I enjoy working on. It also seemed like a lateral move rather than a career-jump move, and I didn't want to relocate for this type of move.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of questions about my take-home project; in particular wanted to know about the reasons that I took the approach that I did. I could tell they were coming more from a statistical and economics background for the most part; while I'm more of an engineering and machine-learning hacker type standpoint.

They also had a lot of "ambiguous" questions; by that, I mean questions about ambiguous business situations I might encounter in this position. Wanted to know how well I would do with ambiguous questions I might get from business leaders.   3 Answers
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.