Pluralsight Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Pluralsight Interview Questions

Interviews at Pluralsight

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pluralsight (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

I talked to them during a campus fair and they offered me an interview. I had an on-campus interview a few days after and had a pair programming technical exercise along with a short behavioral interview where they talked a bunch about the company.

Interview Questions

• Test driven development in JavaScript to convert Roman numerals to numbers. This was done in pair programming and it was totally cool to ask for help!   1 Answer

Sales and Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pluralsight (New York, NY (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

Long process. You have to take the Wonderlic logic test and score a 25 or over. The interviewers were narcissistic and prideful. They ask very hard questions, they are looking for people who did a LOT of research on their products.

Interview Questions

• Connect with us according to the research you did on our LinkedIn profiles.   Answer Question
    • How do you get a potential customer to commit to an appointment with an Account Executive?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Pluralsight (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

I was contacted by the Director of Product Management to set up a 45 minute phone screen. This went well, and I was put in touch with a principal of product management to set up another phone screen (again, 45 min). The Principal forgot to follow up to tell me who else would be in the interview, so I was surprised by two Principals on the phone call. He seemed to not remember that he was acting as the recruiter. I sent a follow up thank you email after this phone screen, and never heard back. I sent multiple follow-ups to both people I talked to, and it has now been over a month with no response.

Interview Questions

• How do you think about Product Management?   1 Answer

Several, Over V Positions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington, UT (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Pluralsight (Farmington, UT (US)).

Interview

HORRIBLE. They should be embarrassed with how disorganized and and confusing their interviewing process is. I had several interviews, and the recruiter would forget about me, or just feel free to not update me along the way for several interviews that I completed. It is a real shame that the interview process is so bad, because this was my dream company to work for. Eventually after 2 interviews basically dwindled into ghosting, I gave up. I spent over 10 hours preparing for the interviews I had, and took off a decent amount of time off from work to interview. It seriously was like pulling teeth trying to get information, or updates on what was going, (such as expected salary, decisions about being accepted to move forward etc). They provided no feedback on anything either. Despite Pluralsight being so closely aligned with my values and goals, I will not attempt to apply here again.
    You will see this has happened to a lot of people, and the reviews here show that.

Product Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pluralsight in August 2019.

Interview

Interviewed with recruiter who had to change our original meeting last minute which was fine. However, I completed personality assessments after our interview which took about 45 minutes to finish and then was completely ghosted by the recruiter. Even after I followed up, silence. I am fine being rejected if I didn't meet expectations, just ask for honest communication.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Scheduled phone screen far out in the future. Pluralsight recruiters seem to be very disorganized and poor at communication like other reviewers mentioned. This is very surprising for a publicly traded company of 1000+ people. I've dealt with much higher quality recruiters at startup-sized organizations that hadn't been in business for nearly as long. Their recruiting process also moves very slowly like a glacier. I withdrew my application out of frustration in favor of higher quality job leads.

If you make that bad of an impression at the beginning of the process, what makes you think anyone is going to want to work for you? Get more organized and professional. At least know how to do basic scheduling for remote positions taking time zones into consideration. Most other companies nail that with ease. If you want people working in specific time zones, put that on the job req.

Multiple Positions Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Pluralsight.

Interview

Myself, as well as many of my friends, and neighbors have applied to Pluralsight and have had poor experiences. I have been told by employees to never apply again. With my own personal experience and the information I have received from others, I will not apply for Pluralsight again.

Product Designer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Pluralsight.

Interview

Process begins with a 30 minute phone call with a recruiter, where you share your background and why you’re interested in Pluralsight.

Scheduled a video interview with two product designers in Utah to talk about your background in more depth as well as share some of your work and describe your process.

I felt that only one of the interviewers was actually paying attention, the other didn’t really contribute to the conversation and seemed distracted.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in your next opportunity?   1 Answer
    • What are your strengths? (In relation to the UX process)   1 Answer
    • What are your weaknesses? (In relation to the UX process)   Answer Question
    • Describe an app experience you really enjoyed.   Answer Question
    • Describe an app experience that you really disliked.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pluralsight in June 2019.

Interview

I submitted my application online and set up a phone interview with one of the hiring managers within a few days. During the phone interview the hiring manager/supervisor was shockingly rude. He asked questions quickly, making it seem like he didn’t care enough to listen or respond to my answer. He would often “turn” the questions on me (for example if I asked what qualities a successful AM has he would respond “What do you think?”). During our phone call he started discussing and critiquing the performance of two employees . He said such negative things about them I was surprised that Pluralsight HR isn’t doing more to combat this type of behavior from hiring managers. This interview experience was so negative and is the worst interview experience I’ve had to date. The hiring manager was condescending, rude, and misogynistic. If you are thinking of interviewing for this position save yourself some time and energy - stay away. They invited me back for an in-person interview but I declined, and I’m so glad that I did.

Production Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Pluralsight in June 2019.

Interview

I applied online and heard back the next day that they wanted to set up a phone interview with the recruiter. The office was closed for the entire week of 4th of July, so the call was scheduled for two weeks out. At the time the call was supposed to take place, I never received a phone call. I emailed the recruiter, and she told me that the appointment disappeared from her calendar and that she wasn’t sure who she was supposed to call. She was very apologetic, and we rescheduled for the next day. The next day, she called right on time, and we had a good conversation about my current job and how my values match Pluralsight’s. At the end of the call, she let me know that she would be sending me a writing assessment, and that there would be four stages of the interview process:

1. Initial phone call
    2. Writing test
    3. Video conference with hiring manager
    4. In-person interview

I took the writing test, which wasn’t very hard, and sent it back to the recruiter that same day. The following day, she let me know that she would send it along to appropriate people and let me know if I made it to the next stage. That same day, she let me know that someone would be in touch to set up with video conference with the hiring manager. At the end of the email, she said “have a good one!” so I assumed I would not be hearing from her again and would work with someone else moving forward.

At this point, a talent coordinator got in touch about setting up a video conference, which I scheduled for the Friday of that week. This is where it starts to go downhill. During the video conference, the hiring manager did not seem very interested in what I had to say (she kept looking around the room and seemed distracted). It also didn’t look like she was taking any notes about my answers. At the end of the call, she didn’t let me know about any next steps (I should have asked at that point, but completely forgot). I emailed the talent coordinator directly afterward and asked for the hiring manager’s email address so I could thank her for taking the time to speak with me.

I did not hear from the talent coordinator until Monday afternoon, and she just sent me the manager’s email address without any mention of next steps. On Tuesday, I thanked her for her reply and asked if they needed any additional information from me. At this point, I wasn’t sure who I was working with moving forward. I didn’t hear anything until Friday afternoon, when the first recruiter told me that she had been out of the office, and they were still interviewing candidates, but she would have an update for me by the next week.

The next week comes and goes, and I do not hear anything. At this point it had been two weeks since the video interview. On Monday of the following week, I email the recruiter and asked if there was an update, and she explained that she was meeting with the hiring team that day. She also explained I was one of the first interviews, so she was sorry for the delay and that I had to wait. The following day, she emailed me to tell me that they would be moving forward with other candidates who have a better fit experience-wise.

Overall, I feel I was really strung along during the process. If I didn’t have enough experience, or I wasn’t a good fit, why not just reject me at the outset? It would have saved me a lot of time and energy. I don’t feel that my time was valued, and the hiring manager did not even seem to be interested during my interview. This was a really disappointing experience for me because I entered the application process feeling really excited about Pluralsight and ended the process with a very negative view of the company.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about Pluralsight’s values?   1 Answer
    • Explain a time when there was a miscommunication and how you remedied it.   Answer Question