Potato Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 27 Feb 2019

2.7

Sort:

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Potato.

Interview

I had a short phone screen with one team member, which went pretty well. I was scheduled to come in for an onsite but that was canceled in favor for a video call with two other members from another office. Questions were all fairly standard, but I think they were looking for someone they jived with who could talk their ear off about process and practices for 40 minutes. Overall I got the vibe that it wasn't as peachy as the reviews make it out to be. A few days later I got a rejection email with some feedback on why they had passed.

Interview Questions

• - What do you know about Potato?
      - Go over over you background?
      - Technical and situational questions (I cant' remember but they were all pretty standard)   Answer Question

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Potato (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

For me was bad experience; they told me that will be a Front End position and they ask Back-End questions and Full-stack questions that I think those questions are not for Front-End position.

Junior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Potato (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

Interviewer was late. Initially this was fine as they sent me an email to let me know, however:
    - Interviewer had not read my CV
    - Interviewer did not even have my CV in front of them
    - Interviewer said "I'm having trouble moving forward with this interview because I don't have your CV". Ermmm..what.

Found it very hard to talk through and elaborate on experience as the interviewer clearly had no idea what I was on about, or the kind of work that I had done.

Very disappointed as was super enthusiastic about the company until this point.

31 Aug 2016 – Chief of Staff

Hi there. Many thanks for your feedback. We’re disappointed to hear this as well. Yes, our interviewers should have the CV, have read it before, and be generally prepared for the interview (and... More

Junior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Potato (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

The whole process was unprofessional and slow.
    It took a lot of emails going back & forth to organize the phone and F2F interviews

Phone interview was quick screen.

F2F was the worst I have attended.
    The interviewer was rude and came across that she didn't want to be there ( probably forced into it) I also felt that I was judged based on my age and race!

She kept looking at the watch stating it's Friday afternoon we all have places to be!!!!
    It lasted 10 mins. Unprofessional!!

Interview Questions

Potato Response

26 Jun 2017 – Head of People

I'm sorry that you've felt it necessary to do a second review after the first was removed by glassdoor for breaking the guidelines, in being both inaccurate and unsubstantiated and therefore... More

Office Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Potato (Bristol, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online with CV via their website, then a telephone interview with HR, then a face to face interview at their offices on a 2:1 basis, which took an hour. It was a nice experience and relatively informal, some more fun questions were included. Feedback however was very basic and standard boilerplate.

Interview Questions

• Scenario based questions, what I did, why and would I do things differently.   Answer Question

16 Mar 2017 – Chief of Staff

Hi there. Firstly allow me to thank you for applying for our office assistant role in Bristol.

As you can imagine we get a lot of applications and we aren't always able to get back to candidates... More

Senior Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Potato (London, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process was long, impersonal and fairly cold. I didn't feel like the employees interviewing "sold" the company. The role play scenarios gave the sense that these scenarios were indicative of their clients and how developers interacted with project managers within the organisation. Processes and clients were also not spoken about in a particularly good light.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a client who has a project with pre-existing designs which aren't technically feasible or user-friendly but they don't want to pay for a re-design?   Answer Question

31 Aug 2016 – Chief of Staff

Hi there. Many thanks for your feedback. We’re sorry to hear to that some of the interview experience left you disappointed. We generally think of ourselves as pretty warm, relaxed and friendly... More

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Potato (London, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied for the job, and quickly got a reply asking me to complete a small coding project. The task didn't take too long to complete. Once I sent it back, within a couple of days I was invited to come for an interview. The interview went well, the atmosphere was relaxed, and it was nice being interviewed by competent developers. I heard back within another few days that a second interview would be scheduled. Again, this was a good interview with different developers.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with developing accessible websites?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Potato (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Back in February, I sent Potato my CV and a portfolio of open source projects I'd developed. I heard nothing and assumed I'd been rejected, when six weeks later I received an email inviting me for a face-to-face.

The meeting seemed to go well. Both my interviewers seemed switched on people who cared about what they did, and their excitement was contagious. But they threw me a curve call when they told me I'd be starting as a contractor. This was not what I'd been expecting - at all.

I was quickly pencilled in for another interview and spent my weekend considering whether to proceed, and doing a lot of research into how contracting would work: despite never doing it before, I was willing to give it a shot for the sake of an exciting opportunity at Potato.

At the next meeting, though, another curve ball: apparently, a permanent position _was_ on the table, I just had to express my desire for one. (I thought I'd done this at several opportunities already). Still, despite being thrown, the interview seemed to go well, and I was told I'd hear something "within the next day, two days tops".

...And then nothing. I contacted Potato three times, asking for an update, and received three promises that I'd be phoned back "within the next 48 hours", and all to no avail. This presumably means that I didn't get the job.

Overall, my impression was of a very talented team working in a very poorly organized company. My experience was haphazard and muddled, and I couldn't help conclude that this probably belied some dysfunctional working practices.

Interview Questions

Potato Response

10 Jun 2016 – Head of People

Hi. Firstly, I'm genuinely sorry that you had such a frustrating experience. Over the past six months we have been putting an enormous amount of effort into improving our hiring process and to find... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Potato (London, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Similar to the last person's experience really. 3 interviews and then nothing, despite attempting to follow up a few times. An standard 'no' email would have been enough.

One phone interview for 30mins and 2 hour long interviews.

On the job advertisement it says "If we like what we see we'll get back to you quickly to arrange a cup of tea and a chat." They really need to take this off their job ads, it was definitely not a cup of tea and a chat. Very formal although interviewees seemed very nice people. The took notes on laptops all the way through which they explained first which I appreciate but made for a very stilted conversation.

Seemed like a cool place to work and the people I meet seemed top notch but would be great to rethink their interview practice.

Interview Questions

• Think the most complex technical project you have been involved in, now role play with one interviewer as non-technical client and then the other interviewer as the tech lead   Answer Question

31 Aug 2016 – Chief of Staff

Hi there. Many thanks for your feedback. Firstly, our apologies. We normally send follow up emails to everyone at each stage of the process - especially for people who’ve been all the way through... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I interviewed at Potato (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 2 parts.

1. The first part was a project management/candidate experience interview with one of the project managers. It was a typical "get to know your interest" interview, it was well prepared, open and to the point.

2. The second interview supposed to be a technical oriented interview. It was conducted by one of the senior project managers and an application manager.
    This was an interview were the interviewers had no interest in the interviewing process or the candidate. During the interview, they asked very short questions with no follow-ups, they were unable to answer questions about the company applications and they were working on something else.

There were long silence breaks and it was a weird atmosphere. But probably the negative part was were the interviewer did not have enough knowledge n project management (confusing framework with methodologies, not being able to prove a point of view, etc).

Although the company seems a cool place to work for (on the paper), the technical interview gave the appearance that the employees are not very strong professional and not very trained on interviewing candidates.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between project and program management?   Answer Question

16 Feb 2016 – Head of People

I'm genuinely sorry that you had a bad experience. To add some context to your concerns:

"...they were unable to answer questions about the company applications"
    A significant number of our... More

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.