Power Grid Corporation of India Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Power Grid Corporation of India Interview Questions

Updated 13 Apr 2019

Sort:

Industrial Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Power Grid Corporation of India.

Interview

It was a one round interview where there were 4 interviewers which included executives from Finance and HR Department as it was interview for the post of Industrial Trainee - Finance.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Power Grid Corporation of India (New Delhi) in July 2016.

Interview

I was selected through GATE 2016. I applied online when application was announced through their site. A panel consisting of 4 people interviewed. They mainly focussed on your concepts related to power systems.

Interview Questions

• technical questions related to switchgear and protection. Questions about b. tech projects   Answer Question

Negotiation

no it was fixed

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Power Grid Corporation of India in December 2018.

Interview

Positive atmosphere in the interview room. Panel members make you comfortable. Questions totally based on your resume. Focus was mainly on the practical aspects regarding operation and maintenance practices and problems faced.

Junior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Power Grid Corporation of India.

Interview

You have to apply for the particular post for add in news paper or its web site. Then next is Written test. After clearing written test next is Interview. After clearing interview you have to clear medical test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no scope of negotiation. Pay scale as per Govt./Company noms.

Junior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Power Grid Corporation of India.

Interview

written test then interview then final list

Interview Questions

Negotiation

negociation is not possible

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Power Grid Corporation of India (Gurgaon, Haryana) in December 2011.

Interview

The interview was on-campus. It was just one round with around seven plus General Manager and above level interviewees. It was a formal interview process and mainly a technical interview. The shortlist was based on the CGPA and top ten students from two branches viz Electrical Engineering and Electronics and Communications Engineering were shortlisted for the process.

Anonymous Employee in Warangal

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Power Grid Corporation of India (Warangal) in January 2011.

Interview

Simple.Campus Selection short listed on CGPA .

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation Standard PSU pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Power Grid Corporation of India (Gurgaon, Haryana) in July 2016.

Interview

I was selected through GATE (EE). The interview had GD round and then interview.
    GD Topic : Is excessive social networking good for society?
    Personal interview was both technical and HR related. They asked me a lot of questions about my background. My father is working in a hydro sector PSU, so they asked a lot of questions about that too.
    Then about educational background.

Interview Questions

• They asked about different faults; substations(their ratings) around my home town; summer internship.   Answer Question

Executive Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Power Grid Corporation of India (Bengaluru) in January 2011.

Interview

POWEGRID is a PSU and hence its had the usual procedure of shortlisting top 10 students from electrical branch which was followed by a single panel interview. after being selected, one has to go through very rigorous medical test.
    apart from this they had a separate written exam for off campus people.
    but in the current scenario, one can only get into any PSU in India is through GMAT.
    Power System is the only subject one needs to master to get into POWERGRID.

Interview Questions

• Interview was solely technical.
      there was hardly any HR or analytical question.
      all the questions where related to power system engineering.   Answer Question

Executive Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Power Grid Corporation of India (Gurgaon, Haryana) in June 2010.

Interview

one has to get through GATE with good score so that he/she can receive call for interview & group discussion and if selected , there will be Medical test.........

Interview Questions

• should have good technical knowledge on transmission system .........   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.