Principal Global Investors Trainee - Associate Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Principal Global Investors Trainee - Associate Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Principal Global Investors

3.3

Trainee - Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Principal Global Investors (Pune) in February 2014.

Interview

Direct (Technical+HR) Interview call via eLitmus based on the pH score of the candidate (For those who don't know what eLitmus is: Well, simply put, it offers job-seekers an outlet to get genuine & really good interview calls from mostly, start-up companies/firms. One needs to register on the eLitmus site, take the pH Test, get a pH score & start applying for jobs via/on eLitmus. If shortlisted, one will be called for further evaluations depending on the company's system/process.).
Though, the first round was supposed to be a Technical Interview, I was not asked any technical questions... Only a brain teaser, that I could not answer at that time (in 2-3 minutes).
:-(

Interview Questions

• There are 28 similar (meaning one cannot distinguish one from the other in any way just/simply by seeing or touching) coins, out of which 1 is slightly heavier than the rest (meaning that the weight of each of the remaining 27 coins is the same). Find the heavier coin in minimum no. of iterations.
    When I asked, "Is that it, sir?", the interviewer replied that I could use a weighing machine.
    When I asked, "Which weighing machine to use, sir... Digital or Beam/Physical?", he replied that I could use any.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Principal Global Investors

Trainee- Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Principal Global Investors (Pune) in February 2014.

Interview

1) basically they select from e-litmus exam which is an aptitude test. then 2) is technical they ask all about projects related to algo and other detailed stuff. basically they test our logical skills so might ask u to write a simple program but wont be a compulsion. 3) is the hr. i dont know what criteria they follw but itz tough.. itz an elimination round as well and many students are eliminated from the same.. they ask you everything u write down on ur resume. so be careful with that just dont try to bluff with ur skills..
    i didn't clear my HR.

Interview Questions

• no question was difficult because i basically knew my complete project.. so if u know ur project then no worries..   Answer Question

Associate Consultant - Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurangabad, Maharashtra

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Principal Global Investors (Aurangabad, Maharashtra) in July 2016.

Interview

Gave the interview as a part of on-campus recruitment drive after cracking the eLitmus aptitude exam. About the eLitmus exam - it's based on CAT exam syllabus and hence CAT aspirants have a huge plus point as they are in a routine of tackling such hard problems. To my bad I wasn't one of them but gave my best shot at refreshing all my aptitude concepts and managed to crack it.

The interview process was a day long stint (9AM to 6 PM) that included 2 Technical Rounds and 1 HR round(this was just for formality sake, nobody was eliminated at this round)
    In the technical rounds they asked questions about the interests I had written in my resume(Data Structures, DBMS and Android Development) and quizzed me with some puzzles where all they cared about was how I approached the problem and not the actual answer. Hints were given.
    They also asked me to write snippets of C codes and also asked me to write how I performed a particular operation in my academic projects. Over all the best thing that helped me out to sail through my interview was me being myself and using 0% coax. Many of my colleagues who used their glib talks were caught and eliminated. It was my first ever interview for any job and the interviewers did a very good job in making me feel comfortable about it

Interview Questions

• Given two tables, given a scenario where I want xyz output using these two tables which join will you use? Write the query using that join   Answer Question
    • How will you automate the water supply system of your flat given you are a watchman?
      Test this pen for me   Answer Question

Negotiation

If you guys have plans to pursue furthur education, I would suggest you to re consider that situation and then accept the job offer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.