Procter & Gamble Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

3,156 Interview Reviews

3.3

1. Featured Interview

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview

Multi-step but enjoyable interview process. Interviewers were very friendly and showcased P&G's culture. The process consisted of an online assessment, in-person first round interview, in-person assessment, and final corporate office interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when... (you managed a team, motivated others towards a common goal, etc.)   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Interview

This review is just for the personality and cognitive assessment.

The personality assessment is extremely poorly written. Each question is written like "I am very detail-oriented, but occasionally make mistakes" and you are asked to rate your answer on a Likert Scale based on how much you agree with the statement. The problem is that this statement is essentially measuring against a midpoint meaning the respondents answer won't give much insight as they could be agreeing with either part of the statement exclusively or the statement as a whole. The same is true if the respondents answer indicates that they disagree. They could be disagreeing with either part of the statement or the statement as a whole. If they disagree with the statement as a whole, it is impossible to perceive whether they are detail oriented or not because the respondent may never make mistakes or they may be disclosing that they do make mistakes and don't seem themselves as detail oriented at all.

Nearly every question in the personality assessment is formed like this.

The cognitive assessment is better, however, it is not as robust as many others out there. Jobflare is significantly better and tests vocabulary, math skills, complex problem-solving skills and memory. The cognitive assessment used by P&G is essentially a difficult memory test paired with simple math problems.

Interview Questions

• Please indicate whether you agree or disagree with the following statement.

I am highly focused on my work, but occasionally get distracted

Please answer on the following scale

Highly disagree, disagree, neutral, agree, high agree   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview

New foodservice role. Call from recruiter. Call with HR. Asked to apply. Multiple assessments personality and IQ ( be sure to do your homework on how they are set up,increasing difficulty every round ). Invited for three rounds of online Skype interviews. Some panel some were one on one. Some were audio some video, be ready for either. Two types of questions and need to use CAR format to formulate answers, highlighting results. While I felt I did well they were hiring 5 internal and 2 external for the US. I believe they were looking for someone who could give direction for P&G as they look to gain market share on a side they haven’t been as involved in. While I felt I was a strong candidate, I wasn’t in the position to help them develop the role. Difficult and lengthy process. Be prepared. They could have been more transparent on the front end.

Interview Questions

• If one of your large clients missed a deadline by a new product launch having issues delayed by manufacturing, how would you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tell about a time you needed to changed a process and it resulted in a more productive result   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview

Multi steps in the interview including an exam, traditional/leadership interview and situational interview. Situational interview - questions would start with "tell me about a time when..." and answers should be given in the CAR (context, action, results) format.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were faced with a problem unlike anything you have ever experience before, what was the problem, and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

The process starts with an online assessment. You'll receive an email once you pass. Then the written assessment is divided into three Logic, Mathematical ability and Situational. Once passed, HR will contact you for a series of interviews. The interviews are divided into three, conducted by the Hiring Manager, another Senior Manager from a different BU and an Associate Director respectively. Once you pass all three, you'll start processing your requirements.

Sales - Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Austin, TX (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

Note: no interview. This is about the initial application and assessment phase.
    The online application process is a bit lengthy, which is to be expected considering P&G's size and stature in the market. It's also understandable as I am sure they receive countless "pie in the sky" submissions by those completely unqualified for the jobs to which they are applying.
    If your resume and cover letter pass the sniff test from the automated screening process, you receive an email within 48 hours to complete an assessment. Each grouping of positions has a unique assessment, at least based on the couple assessments I've taken. This post is in relation to an "Account Executive" position.
    The first part of the assessment here consists of theoretical scenarios regarding prioritizing new company projects, how to handle a tenured employee who steals from the cafeteria, how you'd present an awesome idea you had over the weekend, and a few other scenarios. Nothing unusual and fairly cut-and-dried. The remainder of the assessment is where whatever HR psychological consultant P&G hired for this process really earned their fee. The remainder of the assessment is about "logical" processes. If one can consider rearranging shapes, determining if a dot matrix diagram is flipped, and if you can pinpoint dots on a screen are in some way logical, then you should consider a career in HR consulting. I could understand some spatial reasoning questions, pricing factor questions, P&L knowledge, or some other arcane business related topics, but what was tested bears no resemblance to anything an Account Executive for a CPG company would face when talking to a customer or a prospect.
    No, I didn't make it past the assessment. No, I'm not bitter, because P&G does what they want to do. I am flustered, though, because I can only imagine the potential talent that is tossed to the side due to this assessment. I am an accomplished, successful salesperson and am certain I could succeed at P&G. But, I also know there are other salespeople much more accomplished and talented than I and I am gobsmacked that P&G uses such a laughable, irrelevant assessment to possibly weed out those talented people.
    Good luck to those that encounter the gatekeeper. I applaud those that make it through!

Interview Questions

• No questions asked. Didn't make it past the assessment.   Answer Question

Insights Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview

Filled out a generic application online and then shorty after received an automated email about moving to step 2, online assessment. After a few days of taking the assessment I received another automated email saying I didn’t pass or something of that nature and thus have to wait 12 months.

My thoughts on the process:
    Now the email does caution the assessment can be difficult and it changes based are you, basic math on the role profile. They weren’t hard, more of an annoyance; what type of person a you, basic math calculations, and then logic puzzles. I’d really like to see how performance on these tests actually translate to success in a role.

There was no interaction with a recruiter or hiring manager so it seemed like they were discounting any type of human interaction or years of experience review in favor of something more fit for a college entrance.

Interview Questions

• In social setting are you more likely to: introduce yourself, only accept introductions, do nothing and observe.   Answer Question

Product Design Interview

Interview

There was first a HireVue that asked a few behavioral questions. The next step was to do a phone screening and then they invite you to a superday. My interviewee was really nicev and explained the questions well. When I talked to an onsite recruiter, they informed me that I was confirmed for a superday interview but I never got an email.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a challenge you faced and how you overcame them.   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview

Difficult compared to other companies. Online test. Benefit from a bit of prep work on memory and thinking fast type of challenges. Phone interview had multi-part questions.

Interview Questions

• When did you save the company you worked for $$ or time?   Answer Question
    • What if you have a new idea? How would you bring it forward to a team you are a part of? What if you face resistance and its a good idea?   2 Answers
    • When have you come into a new team and developed a leadership role?   Answer Question
    • When have you had to deal with a difficult situation with a colleague?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview

Applied online, took the online assessment. Depending on the score I received corresponded to the position I was applying for (advice, apply for multiple positions). Interviews at Lima, OH, and did the behavioral questions and scenario-based questions. There were multiple candidates there (for full-times and for internships). Told them I didn't want to work in Lima, so I flew a couple months later to Greensboro, NC, and I just did tours (no interviews). Didn't receive an offer. Flew to Salt Lake City, UT, and only did tours there as well. In Utah, I was the only candidate, which I liked.

Interview Questions

• Are you the type of person to be more interactive with customers and look at things overall, or are you the type of person to design the machines and engineer it?   Answer Question

Brand Manager Interview

Interview

Online assessment was very difficult, starting with personality questions and situational multiple choice and slider questions, such as "please indicate the level of importance of each work feature below" and then doing complicated math puzzles and memorization of dot pattens within a few seconds.

Interview Questions

• How would others describe the quality of your work?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.