Progress Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Progress Interview Questions

Interviews at Progress

2.8

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Progress.

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews. Called to go back to Progress Software for a interview round with 4 different company employees. Thought the interview went well, really personable and nice.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Progress.

Interview

I had 4 rounds of interview starting from pre-screening till salary negotiation by the hiring manager. The process was bit slow as the interviewing persons were very busy with their schedules. I understood it once I got into the team.

Interview Questions

• Everything they asked were practical questions in lay man terms. I would not the interview was very difficult, but you need real experience to answer it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They are pretty reasonable and meet the industry standards

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Progress (Boston, MA (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process what pretty straight forward. There were several interviews starting with the HR manager and then my direct boss. They were quick to respond and honest in their feedback. If the interview process was an honest assessment of how the job would be I would be very happy; however, things have not played out that way.

Interview Questions

• Questions ranged from what did you do in your previous position, to where do you see yourself in 5 years.   Answer Question

Progress Response

26 Jan 2017 – Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your review. We strive to make the interview process simple and straight-forward, as you mentioned. Please reach out to your manager and/or the Human Capital team to discuss why your expectations for the position have not been met. We look forward to hearing from you.

Tech Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Progress (Bedford, MA (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

Manager interview, then on site, technical questions + behavior questions. The phone screen most were tech questions asked by couple of engineers. when on site, you will face a panel, the entire team and then individual interviews by hiring manager, director and team lead.

Sales Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Progress (New York, NY (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

I met with the recruiter, the hiring manager, the hiring VP, and a peer. The hiring manager was super nice and the recruiter was helpful throughout the process. The hiring VP was nice as well. The peer meeting was the most helpful--there was a good rapport with this person and I was able to ask a lot of detailed questions regarding the role. The good, bad, and ugly--which was nice transparency during an interview

Corporate Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Progress (Bedford, MA (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

3 interviews, Then they jerked me around for 3 months telling me I was a finalist, then disappearing, then asking for references, then disappearing. While they were telling me I was a finalist they hired someone else and then called me TWICE to tell me they weren't hiring me. Horrible experience.

Interview Questions

• Asked to see my portfolio about my strategic process. Asked about current work experience and how it would apply to this role.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Entry Level Interview

Interview

HR phone interview then on site

QA Engineer Interview

Interview

3 hours interview, ask very basic questions about java and database and some behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think their product can compete against those free products?Why do you think clients are willing to buy it?   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Progress (Chelmsford, MA (US)).

Interview

Got contact directly by HR, phone screen, meeting type interview, another interview with managers, and week after I got offer

Interview Questions

• Lost of open questions directly related to technical skills and enterprise support customer relationship and behavior.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Got offer along with sign up bonus. They were able, by the time, to accept a counter offer. They are flexible if possible.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Progress (Morrisville, NC (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

It was a 3 hours interview. I went to the progress software in Morrisville. I thought interviewers will ask me to code. But actually, other than the questions about my resume and a few technical questions, they asked me many basic questions, such as describe yourself, what is your weakness. The people there were nice.

Interview Questions

• what is the difference between computer science and computer engineering   1 Answer