Progress Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Progress Interview Questions

Interviews at Progress

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Progress.

Interview

Got in touch fast, interview questions were irrelevant and not corresponding to the position. Don't really care about personal experience and expertise if it's different than the hiring team's personal way of approaching tasks. Too long and not structured.

EMEA Marketing Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bracknell, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progress (Bracknell, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

I underwent a three month, ten stage (yes ten stage!) interview process with Progress. I was told by the team that there were no internal candidates and I was also told after stage seven that I was now the only candidate remaining in the process. I was therefore shocked when I was told the role had gone to an internal candidate! I have several issues with the process, namely:

1) No role should need ten stages. It is a huge investment for both the organisation and the candidate. I for example had to take four half days as vacation to attend calls/face to face interviews. All this number of stages shows is a severe inability to make decisions at several levels of the organisation.

2) I seem to have been deliberately misled. I was told there were no internal candidates with the skills necessary and that I was the only external candidate remaining by stage seven. How then could the role go to an internal candidate?

If there was ever a process that should be studied as how not to go about acquiring a new hire then this is it. I was misled, have lost two days vacation and many more hours wasted in both the prep for and the actual interviews themselves. A huge waste and given how I have been treated a bullet dodged!

Interview Questions

• I was asked the usual CV related questions as well as questions associated with my abiluty to influence within the organisation.   Answer Question

Progress Response

1 Aug 2017 – Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your review and we’re sorry to hear of your frustration. Yes, we can sometimes have a lengthy and rigorous interview process, particularly with lead positions, in order to ensure that we are making the right decision when adding someone to our team. If we are hiring for a leadership role, we also strive to include all global team members in the process, and aligning various schedules can at times be a challenge, particularly during the summer months. To address the other concern raised, we make a concerted effort to provide our employees with successful career development paths and will always consider qualified employees for internal mobility, whenever they emerge in the process. Thank you again for considering Progress; your input is duly noted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Progress (Hyderabad) in May 2017.

Interview

There was a hackathon round conducted in college which contained three coding problems.
    The people selected in that round are called for the interview.It was held at their office.
    In the interview I was asked about the projects and questions related to it.
    Few questions on the topics I have mentioned in my resume and Data structures.I was asked to write 2 codes .
    Some of my friends were asked few puzzles.

Lead Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Progress (Hyderabad) in January 2017.

Interview

Six levels of process - Telephonic, In-person interview, written test, technical panel interview, HR round (salary negotiation) and background check after being hired.
    The interviewer showed up with a delay of 2 hours and had hardly any questions to ask. There was some ice-breaking and I was given a written test. The technical interview panel also had no work related questions so I ended up asking them questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe your job expectations in Progress   1 Answer

SQL Server Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Progress (Hyderabad) in October 2016.

Interview

Round 1- We were given 3 Programs to solve .
    Round2- Technical Interview (java,c,ds,algorithms) almost they covered everything
    Round3-Manager round and got selected.

Interview Questions

• Round 1- We were given 3 Programs to solve .
      Round3-Manager round and got selected.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Progress.

Interview

Hackathon with time consuming and very complex problems.
    Analytical round with puzzles and code tracing evaluating communication skills too.
    two Technical rounds varying difficulty.
    first with normal logical problems which use your logical code tracing skills
    a good example would be ninary conversion
    second with complex problems like those in coding challenge websites and blogs.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bracknell, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Progress (Bracknell, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

I got this interview through Reed - one of their recruitment partners.
    Within a couple of days after saying I'd like to speak with them an interview was arranged.
    Very straight forward - was offered the job there and then.

Interview Questions

• What's your favourite movie   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progress (Hyderabad) in April 2016.

Interview

I went through college and it took 3 weeks to complete the process.first round we had 2 coding questions in our college.second round was a 5hr Hackathon at progress office.third round is one to one interview which was of 30 min duration.Hackathon was challenging and interesting.Hospitality was good.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      reverse a linked list.
      find merging point of two single linked lists   Answer Question

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Progress (Hyderabad) in April 2016.

Interview

It was an campus internship offer but they said to come to office and there was a coding round where they ask 1 question and max time limit is 5hrs, after that one interview.

Data SQL Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Progress (Hyderabad) in April 2016.

Interview

- First round is coding round - 3 questions (1 hr 30 mins)
    - Second round is also coding round - 1 question you need to solve that in 3 hrs
    - Third round is Face 2Face Interview - your coding skills are tested in this.
        - Asked about tree traversals, Loop in Linkedlist, When a word is typed in google search
           how it works
    - Fourth HR round, your Interests and why do you want to join progress.

Interview Questions

• Q: Basic Tree traversals and Loop in a LinkedList   1 Answer