Progress Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 13 of over 90 interviews

Recruiter8%
3.2
HardAverageEasy

Progress

Application

I interviewed at Progress

Interview

The overall experience is very pleasant, had a phone screen with HR, second phone screen with the team manager, on-site interview with 5 engineers and final behavior phone screen. People are very nice in the team.

Interview Questions
  • What is a hashmap? Given a function to finish the rest
    Answer Question

Progress

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Progress in Dec 2020

Interview

The interview panel was polite and make me comfortable with the question. They even helped me how I should prepare for interviews. They gave hint also for the answer which I was not able to give.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Tech India

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Progress (Worcester, MA) in Jul 2018

Interview

Speedy but somewhat Awkward. Interview Arranger and Telephone Interviewer both seemed a bit flustered but I would chalk that up to new interviewer jitters. Honestly they seemed more nervous than I was. The screener was, however, very refreshingly concerned with my experience at the company and seemed focused on making sure that I fulfilled my own desires. As someone looking for Robotics Work, software is not my first choice but I am looking to build up my resume and portfolio to achieve that later, a fact which he seemed quite happy with. Overall I appreciated his candor and honesty, and I was offered a face to face at the end of the call.

Interview Questions
  • What experience with C do you have? What is your preferred language?

Progress

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Progress

Interview

Got in touch fast, interview questions were irrelevant and not corresponding to the position. Don't really care about personal experience and expertise if it's different than the hiring team's personal way of approaching tasks. Too long and not structured.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Progress

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Progress in Apr 2015

Interview

Found them through a job fair at my school got a email about a month later. Interview consisted of three 1 on 1 interviews with three different people. First person told me a little bit about the company and asked about my background. Second was more behavioral/personality questions. Third was about technologies that I knew.

Interview Questions
  • Standard interview questions like why should we hire you or greatest strength

Progress

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progress

Interview

About 4 hours total. 30 Minutes per room with 1 to 4 people in each room asking questions. Some technical questions, some questions to feel you out as a person. They really want people who will fit in to the culture (which is more of a friendly atmosphere than a work atmosphere).

Interview Questions
  • Who was your least favorite teacher/professor ever? What would they tell me about you if I asked them about you?

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progress (Waltham, MA) in Jan 2015

Interview

There were three rounds, Two Phone and one on-site. Phone interview was mainly behavioral questions. Where as on-site interview was purely technical mostly related to Database, Scripting, Linux. And also few questions were related to previous work experience.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Progress (Hyderābād) in Apr 2013

Interview

Interview were mostly based on algorithms. They asked to code. They asked standard algorithms and one puzzle also. Since the position was for software developer intern, the level of interview was not too tough

Interview Questions
  • They asked algorithms on arrays, stack, trees, linked list

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Progress (Hyderābād) in Mar 2013

Interview

They mainly focus on you technology and algorithm skill, I have appeared for java developer(Hyderabad) They asked question mostly from collection, Threading.

Interview Questions
  • You have t give a code and debugging test which us unexpected, so please be prepared for it.
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at Progress (Morrisville, NC) in Feb 2013

Interview

It was a 3 hours interview. I went to the progress software in Morrisville. I thought interviewers will ask me to code. But actually, other than the questions about my resume and a few technical questions, they asked me many basic questions, such as describe yourself, what is your weakness. The people there were nice.

Interview Questions
  • what is the difference between computer science and computer engineering
Viewing 1 - 10 of 13 Interviews