Progress Summer Internship Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

1 Interview Review

2.0

Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Progress (Hyderabad) in April 2013.

Interview

There were two sets of interview - Written and Fact-toFace.

The written interview was conducted at their office itself. It was a 2-3 hour long test. The paper consisted of three sections - Aptitude, Objective question based language of your preference and Code Writing. The aptitude part had some good objective as well as written questions. The objective questions had no negative marking and the written ones required a small explanation along with the answer.

The second section had standard questions like tell what happens when you compile the code or run it, find the error in the code, etc.

The last section required you to write three coding questions which were pretty simple and straightforward. One good thing was that we were given a mango drink along with some snacks as the test was in the evening.

After getting selected in the written round I was called for the interview at the office after a week or so. My interviewer was pretty friendly. I was asked questions on what kind of work have I done and which language was I comfortable with and what projects had I done based on my CV. I was asked to recreate one of the coding questions from the paper based on linked list. After doing that I was asked to modify it into a recursive solution which I was unable to do properly.Another question was on creating queue using linked list. (I was writing the code on a board). The interview took almost an hour and after that I asked from the contact(HR) to give me permission to leave as I had some other important work to attend to. They called me that day itself , when I was free, to tell me the next interview would be tomorrow later. The next day I expected a detailed technical interview but I was a simple and short interview about what kind of stuff I like to do and what I might possibly be working on.

I'll be listing some question that I think would be helpful.( I may not be able to recreate the exact question but I will give a jist of them.)

Note:- some people had been called for interview earlier also but they were asked totally different type of questions in the interview like puzzle based questions. Also they had total 3 interviews as compared to 2 for me and others on that day.

Interview Questions

• (Aptitude)Tell min. no. of races to find out 3 fastest horses out of 25 if you don'y have a stopwatch. You can race 5 in one race   1 Answer
  • (Puzzle - not asked to me but to others) Burning rope. A non -uniform rope burn fully in 1 hour. You have two ropes and have to measure 45 minutes. You also have a lighter   2 Answers
  • (Objective Code Snippets) Tell what happens when you compile the given code.   1 Answer
  • (Write Code)
    1. Reverse a Linked List
    2.Bubble Sort
    3.Find transpose of a matrix   1 Answer
  • (Aptitude - Written)
    1.Find angle between hour and minute hands of clock
    2.Cut a cake into 8 pieces if you can make only 3 cuts   1 Answer
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.