PubMatic Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

PubMatic Interview Questions

Interviews at PubMatic

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PubMatic.

Interview

Applied online and recruiter called for initial phone screen. A week later, technical interview with hiring manager was set up.

Poor communication on what was to be expected for technical interview. They said there will be coding exercise, but there was no coding exercise. This was one of the most exhausting/frustrating interviews I have been in. Seemed like the interviewer had not read through my resume beforehand.
    For the first 10-15 mins, he spent time asking about my work status in the country and why I was working while I was still studying. (I had several internships listed on my resume). After this, he asked me to explain the ML projects on my resume in detail. Most of the projects I had were NLP, which was not his area of interest and he kept asking me to repeat what the project was about. He then asked me to explain a non-NLP project and asked to describe the algorithm in detail. (It was a complex algorithm, and I failed to remember the specifics.)

By this point I had already mentally checked out of the interview, and knew this role/company was not a good fit for me. Got a phone call from recruiter the next day saying I will not be moving forward in the process. This is the first time I have been relieved to hear that.

Client Services Partner Interview

Interview

Applied online and someone from HR reached out the next day we scheduled some time to talk on the phone. They never called me at the scheduled time. After following up multiple times asking if they wanted to reschedule, I received an automated message that they were moving forward with other candidates. Very unprofessional and a complete waste of time.

Big Data QA Engineer In California Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PubMatic (San Francisco, CA (US)) in October 2020.

Interview

Very poor panel, he came 8 min late and he has lot of personal problems he showed on me and he expects exact syntax.
    I gave interview in Amazon and interview panel cool in Amazon but in pubmatic interview panel think they are more talented then others.

Interview Questions

• I am taking interview in USA and panal from india Interview it was 8 pm on the evening.
      He asked to write code to print number of repeating pubmatic word from yahoo/ file.txt with exact Syntex   Answer Question

BigData QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

Interview

Interview was at the evening and panel asked to write code with exact syntax.

Cons: Never expect the exact syntax check the ability of the candidate, Code never prove the ability of him

Interview Questions

• count the number of PubMatic reseller and PubMatic direct in the given web text page with exact syntex   1 Answer
    • how to find the aggerate value from the hdfs different file   1 Answer

Customer Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at PubMatic in August 2020.

Interview

After applying, I scheduled a day and time for the phone screening with the HR woman. She called me a full day earlier and I thought maybe I messed up my schedule, but I didn't. After taking the call, I emailed her asking to speak on the actual appointed time the next day. She said yes. The next day she still called 25 minutes early, I called back 5 minutes late, left a voicemail. 40 minutes later I sent an email asking if she was still free to chat that day. She never answered. I got an automated email saying they were moving forward with other candidates. I never got a chance to properly prepare to speak with her. And she did not do her job properly. So unprofessional and unhelpful for their company, as I could've been a great member of the team.

How hard is it to stick to the scheduled day and time?

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with video?   1 Answer

Customer Success Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PubMatic in August 2020.

Interview

The HR person emailed me asking to set up a time to talk on the phone. She missed the specified time and did not get back to me for weeks.
    She eventually emailed me back and we then spoke on the phone. I then spoke with the hiring manager. After that, I had to do an excel test and a panel interview with the hiring manager and his boss. I then interviewed with a Customer Success Manager. Finally, I interviewed with two higher-ups running the Customer success team at separate times. This whole process took over three weeks.
    After all of that, I did not get a response for over a week. So when I emailed HR about the next steps, I received an automated email saying I would not be getting the job. This was totally unprofessional. After the long interview process, at least have the common decency to respond to my email personally instead of just sending out an automated reply.

Customer Service Manager (CSM) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PubMatic (New York, NY (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

Process consisted of an initial virtual interview followed by a joint interview with two people and an assessment. The interview took place on Zoom. They were very responsive and the process was very quick.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PubMatic (New York, NY (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

very smooth
    1. Call with the recruiter in San Francisco
    2. Video call with the hiring manager and then 3 other team members.
    3. Excel test
    4. Call with a VP.
    All took less than week

Interview Questions

• Only one I recall was the excel test, was lots of Vlookup, pivot tables and a few other mid level tools.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PubMatic.

Interview

Very speedy process from resume submission to final interview round. Process maybe took about 2 weeks total, which is amazingly fast. The recruiting team was transparent and communicative throughout each round. For the in-person round, the recruiters were professional and friendly, which made my decision to join even easier since I know that future teammates will get the same great treatment. The team I was interviewing for was also professional and had great talent/experience, which again, made my decision to join a lot easier.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an experience where the answer wasn't very clear and how did you resolve.   Answer Question
    • Walk me through a scenario where a publisher is complaining about their revenue and how would you resolve.   Answer Question

Solutions Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PubMatic.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me, scheduled a phone interview the next day. Its been more than 2 weeks and the recruiter hasn't gotten back yet. He said he would have an update within a week. Good luck Pubmatic team, you have a long way to go....

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.