PubMatic Senior Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

PubMatic Senior Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at PubMatic

2.5

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PubMatic in March 2014.

Interview

I applied through linkedin. Then I had a call with the recruiter and then the Director of Engg. Some technical questions on Java, multithreading on the phone. I was called in to meet with the engg team - first interviewer was a data architect and he asked me architecture questions followed by some database questions. Then 2nd interviewer was one of the founders - he asked me a lot of database questions, compare nosql versus sql, primary vs secondary indexes in certain scenarios. 3rd interviewer was an architect and he asked high level design questions based on distributed clusters, fault tolerance.
It seemed from the interviews that they wanted specific ETL/database tuning skills and not developer skills.
The recruiter also spoke with me for sometime asking me general HR questions.
At the end, I was told I would hear back in 24-48 hours. It has been weeks now and have heard nothing.

Interview Questions

• Something about a flexible in-memory data store. Turned out to be related to a metamarkets(druid) application they use.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PubMatic

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PubMatic (Pune).

Interview

HR was very cooperative.
    Good planning.
    Interviews are taken by a team of people. There are multiple interviews in a day.
    Questions are based on logic. Nothing very complicated.
    Some of the questions were: how would you design an a archival system, an index for an archival system, e-mail exchange and such.
    One of the interviewers (a junior person) has very poor knowledge of the question asked and was doubting the answer given. It becomes difficult to convince such a interviewer that he is wrong.

Interview Questions

• Trying to design a system that is not related to work experience.
      E.g. Asking a skilled rocket science mechanical engineer to enumerate, time, people, quantity of Iron required to build a ship. Often the skilled engineer has sound basics and possesses the ability to understand and figure out what it takes to build a ship but he may not know of that information off-hand during the interview.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.