Qualcomm Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Qualcomm

2,350 Interview Reviews

3.1

Firmware Engineer Interview

Interview

Basic knowledge on C, Digital design questions, previous and current projects and how they were approached. Most of it was specific to the post. Multiple interviews with different team members and different domains.

Senior Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

I applied online and received an email message from the Hiring Manager (HM) to set up a call. HM didn't show for the call and asked to reschedule. The position description indicated that this role was located in the "United States". In the email back-and-forth to reschedule the call, I attempted to verify that this was in fact a remote position but was informed that the position was to be located in San Diego, a location where I am unwilling to live or work. I decided to reschedule the call anyway and see if there could be flexibility regarding the location.

At the agreed upon date and time, a peer was on the call and she informed me that she just received an email from HM that he couldn't make the call. I was told that I would hear back about my status within two weeks.

About a month later, I emailed HM and asked for status info? No response. The position is still posted and my application has not been dispositioned on Qualcom's ATS. Yes there is active pandemic and many things are likely being delayed or placed on hold. Nevertheless I was not not treated with the minimal courtesy that all candidates should reasonably expect.

I was certainly not impressed and would not want to work for HM, Qualcom, or in San Diego. I will not apply again to Qualcomm anytime soon.

Interview Questions

• It was so long ago (+/- two months) that I simply don't recall.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA (US)).

Interview

Got invited to Qualcomm Student Accelerator in San Diego, did 2 in-person interviews at HQ. One was C concepts, one was Leetcode/Hanker Rank style questions. Hour long each. Got offer about 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What does virtual do in a C class?   1 Answer

Intern Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

It was really quick and easy. They already looked at your resume so I didn’t really have many questions that were asked about me. I only had questions asked to me about the internship.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

I was interviewed for 2 separate positions to be located in San Diego, once in late March 2020, and the other in late April 2020.

The first interview for the first position (an Audio DSP Software Engineer role) was a technical phone interview with one of their engineers. First of all, my interviewer was late to the call by 40 minutes. He at least let me know that he'd be about 15 mins late over an email, but then he still didn't call me for another 25 minutes. That was already a red flag for me. In the interview, he asked me really detailed questions on C, such as what sizeof() would return when used on a struct that he gave me the definition for (I had to keep in mind the rules of byte padding in structs, which I did not remember clearly at the time). He then proceeded to ask me questions regarding multi-threading and critical sections. I thought the interview had gone alright, and he had at least promised me that I'd hear back soon. That did not happen.

I ended up having to ping my HR contact for this position a few weeks later, and still no response. A month after that first interview, I ping my HR contact again, and instead of getting yes/no on whether I'd be moving forward, she asks if I'd be interested in interviewing for a separate position (Computer Vision Software Engineer), also in San Diego. I agree, thinking the first step would be a phone interview like the first position, and give her my availability for the following few days. However, instead of a phone screen, they wanted to schedule a full-on virtual on-site interview with 3 separate panels. WITH ONLY 24 HOURS' NOTICE. I ask if I can push the interview back to the following week, but they refused, and so I begrudgingly went through the virtual interview the next day.

The first 2 rounds of interviews were fine, and the interviewers were pretty friendly. Despite the role being a Computer Vision one, there were surprisingly few questions on CV concepts, which worked in my favor since I have little experience in that area. Most of the questions were about embedded software engineering concepts or OS concepts. However, my last interviewer, who was only supposed to ask me questions for 45 mins, ended up taking OVER 2 HOURS, and just kept asking me such a wide range of questions from fundamentl C concepts to algorithms to OS multi-threading concepts. One question he asked was how to detect a loop within a Linked-List; luckily, I had encountered that same question before in a previous interview years ago, so I knew to suggest using Floyd's cycle detection algorithm, and how to implement it. However, strangely, he asked what other solutions I could use that may not be as optimal. I suppose he was trying to gauge how I think about a problem, but it was still strange for him to ask for a non-optimal solution.

After the interview, I felt I had done pretty good for just 24 hours' notice and almost no time to prepare (since I still had to work), and was told that I would hear back in 2 weeks. Of course that was also not the case, and I kept pinging my HR contact. They finally got back to me almost a month after that interview, just sending me what looked like an automated rejection letter.

This was a very messy and unorganized process, and my overall interview experience with them was pretty negative. I won't be applying to Qualcomm again for at least a few years after this.

Interview Questions

• Given the following struct definition in C, what would sizeof(myStruct) return?

typedef struct {
         short a;
         long b;
         char c;
      } myStruct;   1 Answer
    • Given an image represented as an array of pixels, develop an algorithm that flips it 180 degrees.   Answer Question
    • Develop an algorithm to detect a cycle in a Linked-List.   1 Answer
    • Develop an algorithm to reverse the bits in a byte.   1 Answer
    • What are virtual functions?   1 Answer

Modem Systems Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

One round of telephonic interview which was like a screening round.
    Next was 5 hour long on-site interview process which took place virtually. They did not reply for 3 weeks unless I asked.

Interview Questions

• Digital communication and RF concepts, LTE call flow and antenna gain. TCP congestion and IPv6.   1 Answer
    • Probability   1 Answer

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It is the phone call interview. The group works on drive of the modem. lost of OS problems and baisc c++ problems. Don't allow you to change language to solve the problem.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2020.

Interview

Two phone interviews. The first was focused on my resume and basic C skills. My second interview was held over the phone the very next day. Both were over the phone because of COVID-19.

Interview Questions

• Remove node from a singly linked list, reverse a singly linked list   Answer Question

Systems Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

First round was telephonic and second round was onsite in San Diego. Company paid for all travel. I was interviewed by 4 people on different aspects of bluetooth and testing.

Interview Questions

• Stuff related to bluetooth and wifi testing   1 Answer

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

Basic C programming questions, multi-threading, mutex, semaphore, spinlock, cache and memory questions, Resume Questions. It was a medium level interview. There were questions on unsigned and signed numbers, C keywords (storage class specifiers). Good experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Difference between spinlock and mutex.   2 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.