Qualcomm Staff Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Qualcomm Staff Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Qualcomm

3.4

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA (US)) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied through a recruiter. The on-site interview took around 8 hours. Most of the questions revolved around aspects of the C programming language. Also, security vulnerabilities in the Linux kernel.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Bridgewater, NJ (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied Online. After 1-2 weeks HR scheduled the telephonic interview. Hiring manager give me call and took telephonic interview for 30 min. After 3 weeks scheduled for full day onsite interview with VP(1 round), technical managers(5 rounds), senior staff engineers(2 rounds).

Interview Questions

• 1). Design Strategy in C++
      2). Semaphore, mutex, spin lock
      3). S1/X2 HO call flow
      4). Work Experience from Current Company and previous company.
      5). C basic questions.
      6). Volatile, register
      7). State machine questions
      8). Most of the interview questions from work experience   Answer Question

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Qualcomm in January 2011.

Interview

Dealing with recruiter was a mess, but interview itself was nice and smooth; really good engineers!

Interview Questions

• I was asked to program at one of the engineers computer...   Answer Question

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

phone interview about 1 hour, very technical
    on site interview: very friendly

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA (US)) in August 2011.

Interview

you interview with 5-6 engineers/managers and 1 HR. Interviews are very technical, with lot of C/C++ coding questions. few puzzles/analytical questions as well as behavioral questions. Do not be surprised if interviewer has not looked at your resume before coming to see you. Interviews are normally spread across multiple groups located in multiple buildings, so you have to travel quite a bit between buildings.

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA (US)) in June 2011.

Interview

Super technical interview with 6 technical individuals and 1 recruiters. In most cases the interviewers finished on time and did set aside time for Q&A. Each slot had technical questions on background, C question and problem solving puzzle. Couple of the interviewers were asked questions in the area of their own strength but overall they seem to go out of their own comfort zone to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Was presented a buggy code and was asked to identify all bugs. The code snippet was related to finding substrings and substituting with other substrings.

Program to write missing number in a array.
      Program with memcpy and identify issues related to memory corruption.
      Bit manipulations routines with optimal solutions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA (US)) in June 2011.

Interview

First we got a phone interview. After phone interview passed, you're invited to move to campus for interview. Campus interview happens over the day, and got interview by 10 people. Sometimes, two people are interviewing you at the same time. They are asking specific questions about protocols, experience, coding and your problem solving skills.
    Protocol questions are mostly focus on 3GPP standard as CDMA is Qualcomm specific. Problem solving question can be hard but you're not expected to completely answer it. There's no right or wrong.

Interview Questions

• embedded software
      real time operating system
      problem solving
      C/C++ coding   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA (US)) in October 2011.

Interview

Interviews with HR and five technology team leads. Questions on experience and skills. Algorithm development questions. Best practices, development infrastructure, and tool chain. Questions on team roles, team leadership. Future career goals. Development interests and career progression. One of five interviews was lunch interview and somewhat low key. A lot of traveling from building to building on the interview day.

Interview Questions

• C language algorithm question. Fibonacci numbers.
      Reverse bytes in a string.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer letter by mail.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

long full day interview. was moderately tough. first telephony then face to face. one on one with 6 different people.one was just analyzing the personality i think. all were nice cordial people. like the whole process, Hr interaction etc. took few weeks to get the result. and then few more weeks to negotiate and get the offer done.

Interview Questions

• lot of questions in C, C++, wireless   1 Answer

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA (US)) in December 2009.

Interview

Applied through their website and got an email from recruiter a couple of days later. She arranged a phone interview with the group leader and two engineers at the same time. They asked a bit about my experience, a few C++ questions and some very basic unix shell command questions - I did not expect for such basic questions.

After a few days I was invited for an onsite interview with this group. I had 10 1:1 interviews plus HR at the end of the day. My interview was scheduled for 8:30 with HR, but he did not show up. Started 1:1 interviews with engineers at 9:30.

Most questions where about C++, software engineering practices, networks (TCP/UDP). There were a few of those annoying trick questions. I got to talk about some of my projects with a few of the engineers, which then asked about some specifics.

In the interview with the group leader he described at a high level the project that the position was for, and emphasized that work may get hard often - many releases and pressure. He warned me about that many times as my previous employer dealt with research projects and didn't have as many hard deadlines.

More than a month passed without any feedback and any refunds from my expenses during the trip - not very professional of them. Overall it was good for me to see how I did not fit in that group. The vast majority of engineers are from the same country, and I prefer a bit more diverse group. Also most of them look very tired, which is not a good sign.

Benefits seemed to be very good and location can't get any better. Maybe I'll try a position with another group at QC.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.