Rakuten Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Rakuten Interview Questions

Interviews at Rakuten

2.7

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Rakuten.

Interview

The interview was very simple. They only want to know how much skills you had before. If you have availability to do all the duties, they will hire you.

Learning and Diversity Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rakuten in April 2020.

Interview

Two Phone Interviews both of which were rescheduled last minute do to issues on their end. Standard questions and then ghosted, There no follow up, and never heard anything back.after the 2nd interview. Saw the position was re-posted two weeks after.

Cloud and Infrastructure Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rakuten (Boston, MA (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

The interview process was in two phases, which lasted for 2 weeks. The first interview was a phone call interview with department director and final round was a panel interview with the department director, manager, and two team leads

Interview Questions

• Questions were based on experience mostly technical stuff. For example your experience with automation and cloud services.   1 Answer

Human Resources Operations Analyst Interview

Interview

I had a wonderful experience with Rakuten! The recruiter, hiring manager and team created a welcoming experience. They were timely, transparent, had strong connections with one another and were flexible since I had to fly into the SLC office to interview. The role is focused on helping them resolve Workday issues and creating processes in place since their team has been running 100 miles per hour it seems like. A new person joining the team would add a lot of value! I had a competing offer so unfortunately was not able to move forward. However, I would welcome the opportunity to interview with them again.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rakuten (New York, NY (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

I had a phone interview followed by an in person interview. The in person interview consisted of 4 interviewers,30 minutes each. The first two people I interviewed explained the company and asked why I wanted to work there. The director thanked me for being well prepared and doing my research about the company. However the following interview did not go so well. The third interviewer even admitted to me that she didn’t really need to be part of the panel since she’s only been with the company for 5 weeks. How can she possible answer my questions about the company? I was surprised when she stated when she interviewed herself she didn’t really know much about the company. Then she proceeds to ask me why do I want to work for the company?.. She asked behavioral questions and based of her energy ; I knew it would go downhill from there. The next interviewer also asked me behavioral questions. They really push you and see how you fall under pressure. I appreciate the first interviewer being transparent about the role and struggles one may face if accepting the role. However when you start of negative that will set the tone for the rest of the interview process. The process was very amateur, I was able to tell that most of them don’t really have experience interviewing. At some points it was awkward. I felt the interviewers were not prepared and a lot of them was either heading to work or in a hotel rushing to get to work. If it looks unprofessional for someone interviewing to be distracted or have noise in the background, why should the interviewer be able to do so? It doesn’t look professional for a company that’s trying to build a household name. I will say that if I had just interview with the Director I would of had a better chance. That’s just the wonders of interviewing with different personalities. Like many others in these reviews, I wouldn’t recommend attending this interview unless you necessarily have to.

Interview Questions

• Many behavioral repetitive questions. Impossible questions to test your logic.   1 Answer

Big Data Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rakuten.

Interview

Phone interview was good, pretty basic questions about background previous projects etc. A few weeks later they set up a technical interview, which was pretty standard. The question asked was about binary tree.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Rakuten (New York, NY (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

The office is in very good location, primary reson why I attended the interview.
    Interview process is totally a toss up I guess.
    There would be total of 5 rounds.
    2 technical
    1 with lead and manager
    1 with senior manager from Tokyo
    1 with CTO.

First 2 technical rounds are set to test algorithms and data structures and framework related things.

3 rd round is more like discussion, but there would be few technical rounds.

The next round is with two managers, both from Tokyo, the questions seem simple but I don't know what they were searching for. I was honest with my responses. They asked things related to project and the work management and few behaviour questions.

I was rejected for no particular reason. Didn't seem like there was any issue during the interview rounds. It seems just so random.

I suggest not to attend if you have better opportunities. It's a very exhausting and not worth.

The HRs are the most ignorant people. They say every round is going to be technical but it would not be like that. They don't respond to calls once they send out rejection email without specifying the feedback.
    Only if you are in absolute need, attend their interview, otherwise you are just wasting your time.

Interview Questions

• what is the number tables required for 1-1 mapping, n-1 mapping, n-m mapping.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rakuten (San Mateo, CA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Several rounds of phone screens and face to face interviews. Nice people but they definity grill you the process to ensure you are technically strong and a good fit for their culture.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to resolve a problem where there was no established process.   Answer Question

Strategy and Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rakuten (San Francisco, CA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

The recruiter was very late to the call. I didn't receive an email and I was left waiting. The call was very short, 10 min tops? She didn't really ask me much and she seemed a bit sluggish. . Anyways, she mentioned how she'll get back to me after connecting with the hiring managers. I waited and nothing. I was a bit disappointed since it seems like a very common thing for recruiters to ghost potential candidates. I'm just going to write off this company and go to a better one because of people like this.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rakuten (Salt Lake City, UT (US)).

Interview

The HR person missed the first two scheduled calls with me which should have been a sign of how the rest of the process would unfold. Once we finally talked it seemed to go smoothly through the next phone interview with the person who I would have reported to at the company. Then the onsite interview was scheduled, and the person I was supposed to meet wasn't there so I was invited to a conference room to speak via video chat with some people in the California office. That ended and the local guy still wasn't there. When he finally arrived he sat down, opened his computer, and proceeded to ignore me for the next 15 minutes. I attempted to ask a few questions, to which he would only give one word answers in response. Finally he stood up, said he was double booked and needed to reschedule and walked me out of the office. It was a complete waste of time and I was treated with so little respect throughout the entire process. I wouldn't waste your time on this company.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.