Cover image for Rathbones Group

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Rathbones Group Interview Questions

Updated 6 Jan 2023

To filter interviews, or .
Found 20 of over 20 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Rathbones Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Rathbones Group (Glasgow, Scotland) in Dec 2022

Interview

Received a call from an agent, the process tool 1 week, the first round was technical, and the second was managerial. My Interview went very well, however, they didn't select me in the end, as they were looking for someone who is having a Financial background.

Interview Questions
  • Technical Question was mostly related to my previous company project. explaining automation framework and related questions.
    1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rathbones Group (Glasgow, Scotland) in Jun 2022

Interview

The interview was conducted via MS Teams. The interviewers were very friendly and kind. The interview only lasted 30 minutes but they were very interested in my education history and career goals.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rathbones Group (London, England) in Jun 2022

Interview

Found it very straightforward to be honest. Thorough run through of CV and background; quizzed on uni courses and modules. Panel of interviewers was friendly. Need to know about fixed income, credit analysis and issues relating to the broader economy. Important thing is just being calm. Several interviews

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Rathbones Group (London, England) in May 2022

Interview

Only 3 rounds, initial interview with HR covering CV, second interview with the Senior IM of the team covering experience, ambition and motivations. Final interview with Senior IM plus Junior IM in the team, more competency based questions. Down to final 3 candidates but was unsuccessful.

Interview Questions
  • Explain the market right now and how you would shift your portfolio.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rathbones Group (Glasgow, Scotland) in Apr 2022

Interview

Assessment centre process that lasts a day. The day is divided into 3 stages - a group activity, an exam, and an interview. There is also lunch where the company handed out sandwiches and drinks.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Rathbones Group

Application

I interviewed at Rathbones Group

Interview

First there was a call with HR before i was formally put forward for the role. This was quite relaxed, and an interview date was organised shortly after. The actual interview was pretty standard. Two members of staff quizzed me on my experience, education, and knowledge of the industry. I was also required to sit an Excel test, personality test and a form of IQ test.

Interview Questions
  • General queries about my experience, education, systems competencies, knowledge of the firm, and my understanding of what the role would entail. Nothing to worry about if you prepare.

Rathbones Group

Application

I interviewed at Rathbones Group

Interview

Your interview should last approx.1 hour and will consist of a CV walkthrough, your understanding of the role in more detail and some competency based questions to assess your suitability for the role.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rathbones Group (Bristol, England) in Oct 2021

Interview

Avoid this company like the plague. Extremely unorganised and unprofessional HR department. Went through a recruitment agency to apply to Rathbones. I advised that I could only work part time hours as have 2 small children and reassured by Rathbones that this could be accommodated. Turned up for the interview and told there has been some mix up with HR and the job I'm applying for does not exist and there is only a different role on less money on a fixed contract available with no career progression and asked if I am still interested umm let me think no!!!! The 2 people at the interview had no idea why I had applied for a CSE role and seemed completely confused apologising for their HR departments error. I went away feeling frustrated and deflated. I then get a call few days later to advise that Rathbones would like to interview me again for the same position but within a different department and they reassured me that the role could be offered on a part time basis as I am unable to work full time . I attended this interview online through teams with 2 other members of Rathbones who were very nice friendly professionals. The next day the recruitment agency called me to advise Id passed the first stage of the interview and that a final interview was being organised for me. The morning after being told a 2nd interview was being organised for me I am then told that Rathbones have now changed their mind and cant accommodate part time hours after all. I have had to take time off work to attend both of the interviews and pay a full days nursery fees to turn up to the first interview to be told the job doesn't exist. It has all been a complete waste of my time. Communication from this company has been shocking and I think I've had a lucky escape. Worst experience I have ever had within the recruitment process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rathbones Group (London, England) in Oct 2021

Interview

I have had interview with 2 interviewers, they didn't ask any questions i was trying my best to say my strengths and to tell about my experience as whole interview was story about the company. The interview was arranged by recruitment agency, 30min before my interview i got details of available position. 3 days i was chasing decision or feedback, but didn't get job as they had more experienced candidates. Waist of time.

Rathbones Group

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Rathbones Group in Oct 2021

Interview

Unfortunately, my experience with Rathbones process was sour. 5 weeks and 3 interviews later, they suddenly found an internal candidate and offered the job to that person. It is understandable but throughout the process, hiring manager was adamant that he wants an external candidate to bring some new skills in and he also “knows” that there is no one with the skill set he is looking for. No proper feedback was provided either. Be open and honest with candidates and make sure you don’t drag the process along, especially if they are looking for a job urgently.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 20 Interviews