RetailMeNot Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

RetailMeNot Interview Questions

Interviews at RetailMeNot

Partner Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

Had an initial screen with a recruiter, then met with the hiring manager for a phone interview. After that I had a series of 5 interviews over 2.5 hours with a variety of people from the team and had to prepare some basic slides to show my ability to build a deck. The whole process took about a week and a half.

Interview Questions

• How do you get newly sold partners to speed up their implementation process?   Answer Question
    • How do you use data to tell a story?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to work with a difficult client.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at RetailMeNot.

Interview

Started with a brief phone interview with recruiter to go over experience and strengths and weaknesses. The next level was a 45 minute phone interview with the hiring manager. The call went well and I was moved to the next interview which was a phone interview to assess my SQL skills. 4 questions were asked and I was only able to fully answer 2 of the 4. I got an email from the recruiter saying they decided not to move forward with me. The whole process took one week.

Interview Questions

• How would you get to know / learn about data types that you are not familiar with.   Answer Question
    • SQL questions that involve the CASE command, joins, and nested select statements.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at RetailMeNot.

Interview

Interviewed with director and several staff members online, the interview process was concise and directed well. The duties, working environment, and benefits was described fully. The interviewer were pleasant to talk with and were very knowledgeable.

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

The hiring process it is the most transparent I've done in my career. Since the moment you get a phone call from the HR personnel they will guide you step by step the entire process. You immediately feel there's a human on the other side rather than a simply recruiter call which sometimes can be cold and you feel just like a number. Each step you take, from a phone interview with the hiring manager will be explained in detail, there are also plenty of allowances regarding scheduling, flexible people.

Interview Questions

• plenty of technical questions to be listed here, prepare yourself as this company is very well prepared to take on all topics related to your position as it shall be.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Austin, TX (US)).

Interview

First round onsite technical interview. I was already in Austin so I just drove to their office (located in downtown Austin). Everyone is super nice and the office is really nice. I feel like this would be a great place to work. Just wasn't as prepared as I should've been.

Interview Questions

• Given the start and end time of a task, see if you can schedule it into the scheduler that already has tasks lined up   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Austin, TX (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

Pretty simple and straightfoward. I started off with an online coding sample, which was relatively easily and I passed. From there, they moved me on to the onsite interview. The interview day involved many others who were interviewing for the job, and we went through a full day of interviews, from morning to afternoon. Three coding technical interviews, that were each 1 hour long, and a couple of cultural interviews.

Interview Questions

• You have an array of times that a person is available to meet. Write a function that takes x many arrays, and returns the time that all individuals are available to meet.   Answer Question

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Austin, TX (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

Online assessment followed by onsite. 6 interviews total, 3 whiteboarding, 3 behavioral-esque. They provide you lunch and dinner on the day of the onsite, and they give you a guided tour of the office. It’s a long day, but they treat you pretty well. Great experience overall. Didn’t get an offer unfortunately, but probably would’ve accepted if I had.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RetailMeNot.

Interview

Applied on their website, got a phone interview within a week or so. They give you a problem and ask you to code online. It is a little bit tricky because there is no intellisense and you have to remember which namespace or package you need to include.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of strings ( may have duplicate), split them into multiple sub-arrays such that:
      1. There is no duplicate in each sub-array.
      2. The number of sub-array is minimum.   Answer Question

People Team Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Austin, TX (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

I was referred by a social network in Austin (HRRT). I had always heard really great things about RMN - from their D&I program to their teams, culture and tech. It was an easy choice to consider them for my next role.

I had 2 phone screens and an onsite interview. The team was extremely friendly and informative. The coordinator kept me up to date throughout the process. Their office is beautiful and I got a brief tour. In total it took less than two weeks including going to offer.

During the interview there was a "bar raiser" to ask questions to ensure I was a fit (based on their values) and it was nice to get to meet someone from another team as well.

Content Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Austin, TX (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

Screening call with recruiter followed by a call with the direct hiring manager. The final step was an onsite interview for 3 hours meeting key people on the team. In preparation for the interview, was asked to outline a 30,60,90 day plan for the role along with an explanation of projects I've worked on briefly describing my role in these projects. These two pieces were submitted to the team prior to my interview.

Interview Questions

• In your first 30 days of the role, what are a few tasks you would implement and why?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.