RetailMeNot Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

RetailMeNot Interview Questions

Updated 5 May 2017

2.9

Returns Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

Honestly the hiring process is very long with no reward. It is for their sub-company Giftcard Zen.

About a few days after I applied I received an email from their Talent Sourcer requesting an available date and time for a phone interview. On this call they asked basic questions like who I am, what I currently do, what type of person I am and so on.

The phone interview went well so then I was sent another email setting me up for a phone interview with their Operations Manager. During this call the questions went a little more in depth by inquiring how I would act in certain situations.

After this went well I was advised that I will receive 3 "mock" customer emails and to reply back as how I would if I were working for them.

They liked my responses so I was scheduled for an in person interview. This interview was scheduled with multiple people (Manager of Operations, Returns Lead,Product Support Associate , HR Coordinator and one other person but they didn't provide me their title.) and was estimated to take 2 hours.

When I met them there they had me log in on a tablet. The tablet notified the HR Coordinator which came out right away. First I was greeted by the Operations Manager (which I already had a phone interview with), Returns Lead and one other person.

During this part of the interview I honestly felt drilled. Which I wasn't expecting as I have already gone through a long interview process so far. They kept asking question after question about who I am, what I do, and how I would react in certain situations. This constant drilling went on for an hour.

After this stage I then talked with the Product Support Associate which was a lot more laid back. They asked me more personal questions to see if I would be a good fit with the companies staff.

Finally I had the HR coordinator meet with me to discuss benefits.

After this I was escorted to the elevators and two days later was not offered the job.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Austin, TX (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

I was contact for an initial phone interview with a recruiter from RetailMeNot. That went well so I was immediately scheduled for a phone interview with a hiring manager. That went well also, so I was asked to come into the office the following week. I was living out of state, and RetailMeNot took care of all the arrangements to fly me down and have me stay in a hotel. After interviewing with members of the team, I traveled back home. The hospitality from RetailMeNot was outstanding, I felt very welcomed and everyone I interviewed with was super nice! I can see why it is a great place to work, because the people make it great!

Interview Questions

• How do you organize your priorities that are demanded from you by different members of senior management?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Austin, TX (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

I was recruited at a career fair and was given an interview on my college campus. I was then Invited to their Austin headquarters and had 5 interviews. The offices were so nice and I had such a great time meeting everyone. Interviewing was quite informal, we could wear

Interview Questions

• 0/1 knapsack, return pairs of all ints that add up to a given number, Scheduling given peoples' start and end free times, edit distance given a dictionary.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Austin, TX (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

This was for a new grad position for graduating Spring 2017.
    I talked to the RetailMeNot engineers and recruiters at my school's career fair and was scheduled later that night for an on campus interview later that week. During this first interview I worked through some problems with two of their engineers and received good feedback. I was asked to do an onsite interview and was flown into Austin for a few days. The on site was the whole day and consisted of multiple technical interviews with the engineers, one with a VP, and one with an HR rep. I was able to answer all of the interview questions without too much difficulty, and enjoyed learning about the culture at RMN. Everyone seemed to be relaxed and enjoyed where they were. We had lunch and dinner as well with the other interviewees and some full time employees. Afterwards they gave us a google cardboard and some delicious cookies as a thank you.

Unfortunately I received a call two weeks later that I would not be getting an offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Seattle, WA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

I got a call from a recruiter after the career fair. Set up my on-campus interview the next at my school. It went pretty well in my opinion. However, I never heard a single word from the recruiter since then. After a month, I emailed the recruiter and asked if there was any update from my interview. She sent me a reply a week or two after saying that I need to complete a coding challenge. I was really confused because she had told me on the day of my interview that the next step would be onsite. I lost interest immediately. The recruiting process was just too painful. To have me wait a month without any update and then told me that I have to do a coding challenge was just odd. I never received any update from my interview - whether I passed or didn't. Nothing. I was just dropped. Not a reject or offer. (But I had to choose one so I just selected no for the offer for glassdoor)

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at RetailMeNot in September 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume at the career fair and got a call about two days later to come for an on-site interview. The interview itself was one-on-one; I was put in some hot, crummy room, which made me a little sick when I began to do the whiteboard coding questions.

Also, after giving the whiteboard question, I asked the interviewer for some examples. One of his examples had the wrong answer, which tripped me up because I couldn't find a pattern to construct an algorithm. As a result, it took almost the whole interview for me to come up with a solution.

Interview Questions

• Given a list of products and a list of coupons where each coupon can only be used once, compute the lowest net product price.   Answer Question
    • Why would you use a linked list over an array?   Answer Question
    • What are the time complexity differences between operations on singly linked lists and doubly linked lists?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RetailMeNot.

Interview

I submitted my application and approximately (2) weeks later I was contacted by a recruiter. They scheduled a phone interview within (1) week and a follow up interview within less than (2) days. The
    interview was quite conversational and felt like a great fit. Unfortunately, schedules did not align and we were unable to arrange travel to meet the team.

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Austin, TX (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

I had such a great interview process, I'm really sad I didn't get the position. The interview took about 2 hours but I didn't feel stressed at all. Everyone I talked with was so warm and friendly. I hope to work with them in the future.

Analyst - Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Austin, TX (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

The process was 3 rounds; 1. Std HR 2. Phone Interview with Hiring Manager 3. Onsite Interview
    The HR and hiring manager rounds were quite simple. Mostly resume based and past experience based. Onsite round was quite long with around 8 people all back to back with no gaps. I almost felt that it was too much and there was no substance to any of the questions.

Weird thing is they asked a lot about my current company. It was very odd to say sorry that's proprietary information to almost every interviewer. I found it too unethical.
    Finally they recruiter called me to give me a made up excuse. I found this company to be completely unethical. The worst part is to have people prepare for interviews and waste days of their time; and then not even take the hiring process seriously. Stay away!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when ....   1 Answer

Senior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Austin, TX (US)).

Interview

There were two rounds of phone screenings, 1st with a recruiter, 2nd with the lead designer. A couple weeks later I was asked to interview in person. The interview consisted of six 1:1 interviews, and a panel presentation with the design team. The interview felt pretty average and lasted about 5 hours.

I was given a tour around the office by the VP creative then again by the recruiter. After that they walked me through the employee benefits and perks package and we discussed when I'd be able to start. I was feeling fairly confident I had gotten the job....

I interviewed on a friday and they said they would contact me early the following week. I never heard back so I gave them a couple more days before writing the recruiter. A day or so later she left me a short VM stating they were going to continue interviewing and they really enjoyed meeting me and loved my work. I felt this was a little open-ended so I tried reaching out to the recruiter again but she had quit. So I tried the lead designer but she never responded.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.