River Island Clothing Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

River Island Clothing Interview Questions

Interviews at River Island Clothing

2.3

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (New York, NY (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

easy and very transparent company had great values and asked awesome questions I felt really great the whole time! I really liked the people as well as the staff and all of the customers were extremely friendly and easy going as well it was the perfect place to work

Interview Questions

• former jobs how did your past experience impact where you are currently in your life today   1 Answer

Commercial Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at River Island Clothing.

Interview

one hour long interview with pre-prepared swot analysis on a store. think they like to do just the one interview as standard. just one person (store manager or deputy) interviewing

Interview Questions

• Not really difficult. Just standard competency based questions   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Met with the current paralegal and the Legal Counsel who were very friendly. They went through my resume and work experience and asked competence and technical questions about the role.

Part Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merry Hill, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Merry Hill, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was asked to a recruitment event
    When I turned up we had to introduce ourselves and provide an example of where I had received the best customer service. Next we got asked about the River Island Booklet (which will be attached to the recruitment event emails) so make sure you read that.
    At the end we had to choose some items of clothing off the rail and had to ask other interviewees questions as if they were staff and you are a customer (and vise versa).

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was when they asked about the booklet as no-one had read it.   2 Answers

Photographer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (London, England (UK)) in January 2019.

Interview

Was very lucky to be even given an interview and took the chance with full preparation. Made a beautiful slide show of my portfolio and presented it with professionalism.

Was interviewed by two female colleagues who names i have, but wont shame... They seemed distant as we talked, not sure if they where having a bad day or was close to lunch break..

The one thing about the interview that took a turn when both river island staff members ask me my AGE!!!

As soon as I stated my age, they both looked at each other and basically ended the interview in there heads..

I could clearly see that this was a factor!! From my point of view, yes the two staff member where younger than me, but I don’t like to be treated like that!!.

Being professional to the end I was polite and continued the interview. Even as I left the room, I could here them laugh at each.

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shepherds Bush, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Shepherds Bush, England (UK)) in July 2018.

Interview

The interview was fairly short, quick basic questions about myself and why i want to work for river island. I was called after an hour of the interview with the job offer ready to start the following day.

Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at River Island Clothing.

Interview

This honestly had to be the most unprofessional interview ever. I walked into the store where i had arrived 5 mins early and was told I should come back later to the time which honestly made no sense as I was close to the time. Anyway, there was about 15 others and they were just making us stand around to wait for about 10 mins until 2 girls with hijabs came out to see our passports and call out names etc. After this they tried to squeeze us into a tiny room and half of us were standing up which wasn't very welcoming at all. They even told some of us to stand outside which i found rude. Then we went round and did an ice breaker and were asked why we wanted to work at river island. we were then put into pairs to do an activity where we chose an outfit for a celebrity. We had to present back to everyone why we chose certain garments and then that was literally it. The email said the process would be roughly 2 hours but this all only took 40 mins. they dismissed us by saying something like "if you think you can't handle this type of environment then you should leave this isn't the place for you" which i found so rude. This is no way to welcome or dismiss potential employees. Also they said we would hear back ourselves and were told not to ring into the store as they are very "busy". River island have a bad reputation and it just shows how they don't even care about their employees. Also i was expecting a one to one interview. How are they meant to assess us individually just from that?

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (London, England (UK)) in March 2011.

Interview

Apply online, Most people get an interview if they have previous sales experience and or mindset of a sales assistant.

Interview is mainly based on how friendly you are and proactive, fashion style does not come into it for the majority of positions, they ask questions based around how you can make the shopping experience of a customer easier.
    E.g, putting clothes in size order in rails and all sizes available on rails.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty easy, its matter of confidence and seeming very enthusiastic.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Operations Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (London, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

very simple and straight forward. more than likely group interview based unless applying for a management position. first was interviewed via telephone where I was asked basic questions about the skills I have. I was successful and had been invited to a group interview with 10/15 other candidates. In that interview I got asked many questions to do with customer service and knowledge of river island. the more you know and understand about customer service the easier your interview will be.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for river island?
      What do you know about river island?
      What clothing does river island sell?
      What would you say is good customer service?
      What is an example of bad customer service?
      why is it important to engage customers?   1 Answer

Operations Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at River Island Clothing.

Interview

So I arrived and saw about 15 other girls standing in the men's shoe department so as no one was around to tell me where to go I used my initiative and joined these ladies 20 mins later the manager arrives we give our right to work and go into the back....icebreaker (your names , age,why you want to work for river island . Then we had to go to the shop floor and pick out an outfit in groups come back say what event chosen for why and do a customer service role play

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.