River Island Clothing Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

River Island Clothing Interview Questions

Interviews at River Island Clothing

2.3

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in April 2019.

Interview

I handed my cv in person for the position and got a phone call a few days later asking me to come in for an interview the following week.

There was no group interviews just a one to one interview with the manager. She asked me my availability then moved on to the interview questions. The whole thing lasted about 7 minutes and was quite straightforward.

Allocator Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online, then had a brief telephone interview at where they explained the benefits for working their etc. Then had one on one interview where I had to present a comp shop and answer a few questions about why I wanted to work there etc. The whole interview was very laid back and casual, felt like a conversation rather than an interview.

Interview Questions

• Who do you think their competitors are?   1 Answer

Store Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterford (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Waterford (Ireland)) in March 2019.

Interview

I applied on-line and received an interview invitation 2 days after that. I could pick a term from appointments provided 2 weeks after that.
    Interview was quick (less than 15 minutes) and questions were ordinary - what do I know about the company, why do I want to work there, when I'm available, how do I work as a part of a team, how would I approach a customer etc.
    I received email 2 days after, that they are sorry but that they have decided not to progress with my details.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Liverpool, England (UK)) in March 2019.

Interview

Got an email inviting me to a recruitment event. Arrived in store with about eight other interviewees and got our passports/etc. checked. All got taken up into the staff room and went round introducing ourselves. The everyone gave a reason why they wanted to work for River Island and then each pair had a role-play. Some interviewees only got to play the part of the customer which I don't think really reflects their skills and is quite unfair. The whole thing lasted 25 minutes which for a group interview with about 8-10 interviewees is a quite disrespectful, I think.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Preston, North West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Preston, North West England, England (UK)).

Interview

It was disorganised; there were too many people in a small and cramped warehouse. Interviewers were not prepared, unprofessional and seemed judgemental upon our appearance. Only 2 questions were asked.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in February 2019.

Interview

Group interview with 7 other people,lasted around 30 minutes. Interview took place on the shop floor. We had to pretend to be a customer and a sales assistant in a role play.

Photographer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (London, England (UK)) in January 2019.

Interview

Was very lucky to be even given an interview and took the chance with full preparation. Made a beautiful slide show of my portfolio and presented it with professionalism.

Was interviewed by two female colleagues who names i have, but wont shame... They seemed distant as we talked, not sure if they where having a bad day or was close to lunch break..

The one thing about the interview that took a turn when both river island staff members ask me my AGE!!!

As soon as I stated my age, they both looked at each other and basically ended the interview in there heads..

I could clearly see that this was a factor!! From my point of view, yes the two staff member where younger than me, but I don’t like to be treated like that!!.

Being professional to the end I was polite and continued the interview. Even as I left the room, I could here them laugh at each.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Cambridge, England (UK)) in December 2018.

Interview

Interviewed with a large group of people. After introducing ourselves and playing 2 truths and a dare, we were asked to form groups. Each group was given one question and had a few minutes to prepare an answer as a group. Then each group presented their answers to everyone.

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (London, England (UK)) in December 2018.

Interview

Good overall
    Group interview with 8-10 people sitting near the lockers and was first asked to introduce ourselves.
    Then we had to say things we knew about the company and why we like it.
    Then we presented our verification documents such as a passport
    Then we got a tour of the backroom and store

Interview Questions

• 1. What are some things you know about the company and what they do?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Nottingham, England (UK)) in December 2018.

Interview

I applied online, I got an email confirmation which told me to come to their main store In town, and met with 10-20 other applicants, I had to bring my right of work information , cv and availability