Robert Walters Associate Consultant Interview Questions

Updated 26 Jul 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 25 of over 231 interviews

Employee Referral13%
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Robert Walters

Robert Walters

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Robert Walters

Interview

Fast 4 stage process interview. First a phone screening to understand very briely the opportunity and interest. Then the second and third stage where with team leaders of different departments wanting to understand your motivation and professional experience. Last round was with the country manager as a conclusion, diving in more into salary expectations and availability. Meeting different people of the team at each stage. No technical or role play challenge.

Interview Questions
  • Questions like Why robert walters? Why HR industry? Which department interests you and why?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Walters (Tokyo)

Interview

I got a video interview invitation via email and prepared a lot for it before actually shooting videos. I thought there would be at least 5 questions but it turned out to be only two (Please introduce yourself and why recruitment). The good thing was that you can record your answers as many times as you want.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Walters (Tokyo) in Jun 2021

Interview

It took 4 processes and 2nd and 3rd interview were 2 hours long. I get to meet 6-8 different people based on whos interested in me. they like ambitious and hard working people and values someone who asks questions.

Interview Questions
  • Why you want to work here, what would you say if client declines offer, describe one time you had difficulty.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Robert Walters (Tokyo) in May 2021

Interview

There were four interviews in total from the same division. Each interview was around 30 minutes or so. Most of the questions that were asked were pretty similar. The last interview was in Japanese.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Robert Walters (Tokyo) in May 2021

Interview

A complete waste of time - 20 minute interview with HR who was dressed unprofessionally in a white T-shirt and seemed more interested in drinking her coffee than the interview itself. I knew at the end of the interview that I wasn't progressing as she seemed dismissive and commented she would 'see if anyone else in another department wanted to interview me' rather than recommending me for any particular area despite my experience. I received a rejection email two days later stating my background wasn't what they were looking for (then why bother to interview me, you knew my background from my resume and asked no further questions about it in the interview) and that they had an abundance of 'strong candidates'. These candidates must have been so strong and exceptional that Robert Walters re-advertised the position a few days later. The interviewer went on about how a successful recruiter must be honest, so how about giving some constructive feedback to your candidates on what they could improve rather than a generic standard rejection letter.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked standard questions such as why did you come to Japan, what motivates you, why recruiting, why Robert Walters etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo, São Paulo

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Walters (São Paulo, São Paulo, São Paulo) in Apr 2021

Interview

Contato via LinkedIn e tive dois bate papos com a consultora e a gestora da área. A primeira entrevista foi leve e interessante, a consultora mostrou experiência na condução.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Robert Walters

Application

I interviewed at Robert Walters

Interview

The process took about 4 months. The interviews were all held online due to COVID-19. I was rejected after my fourth round of interview (including the pre-recorded video interview). For the last interview result, I had to wait for more than three weeks, which was quite stressful. Apart from that, it was overall a positive experience for me.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Robert Walters

Application

I interviewed at Robert Walters

Interview

It was a great process, with coffee, lunch, meet and greets, really nice people who gave a sense of what you can expect. Did a presentation where they gave feedback and role plays.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ōsaka, Osaka, Osaka

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Walters (Ōsaka, Osaka, Osaka) in Sep 2019

Interview

I applied through their site as a recruitment consultant. I was contacted by a talent acquisition specialist who was very enthusiastic throughout the call. The interview was with three managers. They were very nice throughout the interview and accommodating to my questions. Unfortunately, I did not get an offer, but the experience helped me reflect on my approach to interviews. What you need to bring with you to the interview: -A strong set of examples as to how you fit the job of a recruiter (recruiting is a difficult job, has a high turnover rate, late hours, and is full of rejections) be able to talk about life examples where you have handled rejection and displayed persuasion, persistence, tenacity in difficult situations. The majority of the questions (if you are just beginning your career) are based on what is your understanding of recruiting, how you fit, and what experiences you have to prove that. You are likely best off not mentioning the "humanistic" side of recruitment and show you are fit for the sales side of it. There were no questions about being money-driven as other reviewers had mentioned, but you are best off showing through example that you are motivated by numbers.

Interview Questions
  • Can you give an example of a situation or experience where you had to persuade someone something, and how did you do it? What do you think recruiting is? Have you faced rejection and how did you recover? What is your greatest achievement? How do you handle the mistakes you've made? How do you manage your time? Give examples. What are some characteristics recruiters need to have?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Walters (Hong Kong) in Sep 2019

Interview

They have quite many rounds of interviews but they tried to finish it within a day or two. It was a good experience interviewing with Robert Walters. Then, they will get back to you in around 2 weeks time if you are suitable candidate

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to join recruitment What's your motivation/drive?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 25 Interviews