Robert Walters Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Robert Walters Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Robert Walters

3.1

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Walters in March 2019.

Interview

Fairly fact finding call initially, then a face to face with the internal recruiter followed by 2 managers. I was then invited back to do a presentation. The presentation was a good way to get a feel for what I would be doing on a daily basis, it was hard but I enjoyed the task.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Robert Walters

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Walters (Tokyo (Japan)) in June 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume (for another industry) with Robert Walters so they could add me to their database. It was a very industry-specific resume. I got an email back, asking whether I could not be tempted to work for them instead. I responded I would be interested to learn more and the next day I had a phone interview. This interview tried to ascertain whether you are business minded (read: bring in the money) rather than customer minded. A rather weird question for me personally was the reason why I wanted to work for Robert Walters. They seemed to have forgotten it was them who asked me. Nonetheless, I had done my research and given a satisfactory answer. As a result, I was invited for a meet and greet with managers during a networking reception at their office near Shibuya.
    The networking reception was attended by various young professionals, mainly from Taiwan, Korea and Japan. There were also a few Westerners and even students, but not many. Dress code was business smart, but everybody was 100% suited up. After all, you don't take chances in Tokyo.
    First we got a brief outline of Robert Walters and recruitment. The two presenting managers were very enthusiastic and clear in their explanations. The goal is obviously to fire you with enthusiasm so you want to work there.
    Afterwards there was the opportunity to network with everybody present. More managers walked in. I managed to speak with every manager and most of the other candidates. Most candidates came from IT firms outside of Japan or had some recruitment experience in Tokyo. A lot of candidates came across as passive or intimidated by the managers and just observed as more talkative profiles made connections. However, the managers made sure they talk to everybody.
    During the conversation, the managers try to ask you some questions about your profile. Clearly, you have to be memorable for when they discuss among themselves as to who stood out. One manager disappointed me, though. He clearly had read my resume and joked my resume was rather odd, considering I was applying for a recruitment job. Obviously, he wasn't informed that I was picked out of their own database and asked by his company to come in. I did bring a new and adapted resume tailored to the recruitment sector, but was told it wasn't necessary to submit. So why ridicule me for it?

The next day I sent a thank you email, but did not get any replies. Only when I inquired about my application, I got the nonsense message that I was a good candidate, but that they were in the extraordinary situation of being able to select from a lot of good candidates this time round and that some hard choices had to be made.

Did follow-up, but I never heard from them again. Also don't know if I have been entered in their regular database. I've also met some people in Tokyo's expat scene who were hired there straight out of college and with no relevant study experience. My own experience and skills are very relevant for this job, so the real reasons for not selecting me are very unclear to me. I expected to at least get into one of the following 1-on-1 interview stages. Reflecting back on the resume issue, I have the feeling there was either bad internal communication on how I ended up being interested or maybe I was merely invited so that HR could reach a target number of seats filled. Or there was indeed a divine influx of brilliant profiles or I must have somehow made a very bad presentation. My impression is that it was a mix of all of these and I will never know. Overall, I have the feeling this is a very good company to work for where hard work is correctly rewarded. But just be honest with your candidates, Robert Walters. We can take it and we just may be your future clients.

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Walters (Tokyo (Japan)).

Interview

I met with many people over 2 visits to their office, followed by a casual drinks session with the prospective team. All interviewers were extremely professional and obviously good at what they do, especially compared to some of the other companies I interviewed with. Interviews were quite relaxed, but questions were quite direct and some quite challenging.

Interview Questions

• If you and your team mate both receive an offer for the same candidate, how would you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salaries are pretty fixed, but bonuses is where you make the most money.

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Robert Walters (Tokyo (Japan)) in June 2016.

Interview

There will be at least 8 interviews, the first one would be with the internal recruiter to do a 10 to 15 mins general interview, and then the Director, Associate Director, Manager, etc. from each different division to see if you will be a good match for the respective division/team.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Why do you want to become the recruiter?
      What's your motivation?
      What was the difficult task in your experience and how have you overcame that?
      What is the most important thing in the recruiting?
      A lot of role plays, such as, "pitch me the job", "if you knew the company has the bad reputation, and you got an offer for your candidate, what would you do?" "If the candidate pissed at our firm and telling us not using us again, what would you do?"   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Robert Walters.

Interview

The interview was long since I had to talk to different people from different divisions of the company. Everyone was professional and very direct in stating the company's values.

Interview Questions

• What do you think are the challenges in the recruiting industry?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Robert Walters (Tokyo (Japan)) in November 2018.

Interview

I have had many interviews with similar firms but this was by far the longest process. First had a phone call and then I ended up having interviews with about 15 of their staff members, each lasting around 20-30 minutes, some were longer than that and some were shorter.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you solved a problem   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Walters (Seoul (South Korea)) in January 2014.

Interview

Two interview stages. One on one with the hiring manager and another with the team members. Both interviews each ran for around an hour, with the hiring manager explaining about the company, asking questions regarding contents on CV and also the reason for joining.

Interview Questions

• How did you learn about our company and what motivated you to apply?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.