Robert Walters Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Robert Walters Interview Questions

Interviews at Robert Walters

2.9

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Walters.

Interview

Got in through a friend. Met each person in the team. And had to go for a coffee with the group as the final stage. Apparently it was team vote and anyone can vet you out. Recruiters are social so there was a lot of after work invitations, guess it helps to work with people you like!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Walters (New York, NY (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Great!very informative, good listeners, good people.Be prepared for lots of questions and do your research.lost of sales related questions and personality questions too.A fast growing company with a legit outlook.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Walters (New York, NY (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

Multiple sessions with different levels of management. Long and almost informal. Had interviews with many people present. All asking different styles of questioning. But most of them very easy-going and not too many tough questions. Some questions regarding ethical hiring issues. Did not really go into detail on personality evaluation as they could easily deduce from reading resume. More to see if candidate is a good fit for the company.

Office Manager Interview

Interview

A non-practicing attorney, I sent in a resume and a cover letter to a specific headhunter, andfollowed up several days later with a personal email. Another attorney I know well did the same for a different job. No acknowledgment, no courtesy, no nothing! Shocking, considering they have no idea who I know or don't know in the legal and headhunting process.

Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Robert Walters (New York, NY (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

Rate yourself in terms of specific skills or knowledge
    • Answer “open ended” questions (such as “How have you proven your leadership qualities in a work situation?”)
    • Respond to a Personality Survey or Skills Assessment

Another pre-screening tool might be an initial phone call that you receive from the employer. It could be one of their Human Resources people wanting to ask you a series of questions that will help them determine if you are the kind job seeker they want to bring in for an interview. So be alert and on your best behaviour when your phone rings.

Communications Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Robert Walters (New York, NY (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

I set up an interview with the recruiter at 8:00 am. She told me she couldn't make it because it was too early for her, so I acquiesced and agreed to 8:30 am. I had a job and couldn't spend all morning messing around there. Anyway, at abt 9:45 am I ask the receptionist if the recruiter is there yet? The recruiter finally saunters on into the tiny room where I was waiting and proceeds to giver me attitude. Imagine that, she is almost an hour late and gets testy with me. She asked me why I seemed annoyed and I told her, you are almost an hour late, would you want me to show up to an interview an hour late? So, the company basically black listed me from any of their jobs.

Interview Questions

Robert Walters Response

30 Apr 2018 – HR

I'm really sorry to hear you had a negative experience as a candidate. We value punctuality and clearly we let you down in this instance. From your review I see this took place four years ago so I... More

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Walters in March 2019.

Interview

Fairly fact finding call initially, then a face to face with the internal recruiter followed by 2 managers. I was then invited back to do a presentation. The presentation was a good way to get a feel for what I would be doing on a daily basis, it was hard but I enjoyed the task.

Recruiter Interview

Interview

I ended up being interviewed over 3 weeks, 4 different times. I met with the team I would be working with and 2 directors. I was very concerned that Robert Walters' entire leadership team was made up of men and I expressed this concern to the one woman in the office who interviewed me. I was assured there are leadership opportunities but I wasn't seeing them in the office I was in.

While the overall process, for the most part, was normal and I felt I had a lot of great conversations with the team, I was quite taken aback when I ultimately decided to declined their offer.

After I delivered the news that I would be accepting an offer with a different company I was told, "you would not have been successful in this role and you won't be making as much money with that company than you would here." I though that was quite presumptuous to say, especially after they had already offered me the position. Why offer a person a position if you don't think they will be successful in the role? This, in tandem with the lack of diversity I witnessed in the office, makes me happy I ended up where I did.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working long hours?
      Describe a time when you failed and how you recovered?   Answer Question

Robert Walters Response

18 Mar 2019 – Human Resources

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We take very seriously our commitment to promoting diversity at all levels of our business, and regret that you didn’t feel your experience... More

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Robert Walters (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

First, with the talent acquisition team.
    Second, with some of the directors and managers of the company.
    Third, with the manager/director of different division.
    Forth, final interview with the leader of the division team.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to become a recruitment consultant?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Walters (Tokyo (Japan)).

Interview

I met with many people over 2 visits to their office, followed by a casual drinks session with the prospective team. All interviewers were extremely professional and obviously good at what they do, especially compared to some of the other companies I interviewed with. Interviews were quite relaxed, but questions were quite direct and some quite challenging.

Interview Questions

• If you and your team mate both receive an offer for the same candidate, how would you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salaries are pretty fixed, but bonuses is where you make the most money.