Robert Walters Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Robert Walters Interview Questions

Interviews at Robert Walters

2.9

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Walters (New York, NY (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

Multiple sessions with different levels of management. Long and almost informal. Had interviews with many people present. All asking different styles of questioning. But most of them very easy-going and not too many tough questions. Some questions regarding ethical hiring issues. Did not really go into detail on personality evaluation as they could easily deduce from reading resume. More to see if candidate is a good fit for the company.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Robert Walters (New York, NY (US)) in December 2013.

Interview

I first met a recruiter at university event. A few days later I had a phone interview with the recruiter. This was followed by an in office interview with four different one-on-one interviews. Questions were primarily behavioral and placed emphasis on leadership, integrity, and determination.

Interview Questions

• what are your goals? describe a time when you took a leadership role?   Answer Question

Office Manager Interview

Interview

A non-practicing attorney, I sent in a resume and a cover letter to a specific headhunter, andfollowed up several days later with a personal email. Another attorney I know well did the same for a different job. No acknowledgment, no courtesy, no nothing! Shocking, considering they have no idea who I know or don't know in the legal and headhunting process.

Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Robert Walters (New York, NY (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

Rate yourself in terms of specific skills or knowledge
    • Answer “open ended” questions (such as “How have you proven your leadership qualities in a work situation?”)
    • Respond to a Personality Survey or Skills Assessment

Another pre-screening tool might be an initial phone call that you receive from the employer. It could be one of their Human Resources people wanting to ask you a series of questions that will help them determine if you are the kind job seeker they want to bring in for an interview. So be alert and on your best behaviour when your phone rings.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Robert Walters (Barcelona (Spain)) in January 2020.

Interview

The girl was really nice and she explained the most important points of the opportunity. She wanted to understand my background and why I would like to change my job

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to change your job?
      What's your current salary?   Answer Question

Graduate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Robert Walters (London, England (UK)) in January 2020.

Interview

Pretty quick, video interview then two days later in to meet the director and head of training academy. Also met with senior consultants from Walters people one of their brands.

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Walters (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Met with several leaders across the organization as well as the MD in final stage.

Overall the staff were very unprofessional, I was asked irrelevant questions and there were rude / completely inappropriate comments made throughout the process.

Advise to stay away.

Interview Questions

Robert Walters Response

10 Dec 2019 – Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to interview with Robert Walters. I’m sorry to hear that you were unsuccessful with your application. We endeavour to follow the best interview techniques and are looking to learn and improve all the time. Should you have any suggestions on how we can improve the experience, please do contact me at tricia.tan@robertwalters.com.sg Thank you very much for your time.

Many thanks,

Tricia Tan
    HR Director, Robert Walters South East Asia

Associate Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Robert Walters.

Interview

It was a skype interview with an overseas interviewer. Took about 20 minutes and was casual although important questions were asked. The interviewer was very kind though and informative about the company.

IT Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Robert Walters (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2019.

Interview

Interview Questions

• I have got a call from Robert Walters Singapore - a lady that I cannot get the name and she asked me irrelevant questions with very discriminate tone - After I check on EA directory, RW Singapore has 3 demerit points! It is very disappointing for such a big name like RW   2 Answers

Robert Walters Response

16 Oct 2019 – Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you didn’t have a good experience with us. We aim to provide a good candidate experience and unfortunately this has not happened in this instance.

If you have further feedback on how we can improve, we’d be happy to hear from you in confidence at tricia.tan@robertwalters.com.sg

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ōsaka, Osaka (Japan)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Walters (Ōsaka, Osaka (Japan)) in September 2019.

Interview

I applied through their site as a recruitment consultant. I was contacted by a talent acquisition specialist who was very enthusiastic throughout the call. The interview was with three managers. They were very nice throughout the interview and accommodating to my questions. Unfortunately, I did not get an offer, but the experience helped me reflect on my approach to interviews.

What you need to bring with you to the interview:
    -A strong set of examples as to how you fit the job of a recruiter (recruiting is a difficult job, has a high turnover rate, late hours, and is full of rejections) be able to talk about life examples where you have handled rejection and displayed persuasion, persistence, tenacity in difficult situations.

The majority of the questions (if you are just beginning your career) are based on what is your understanding of recruiting, how you fit, and what experiences you have to prove that. You are likely best off not mentioning the "humanistic" side of recruitment and show you are fit for the sales side of it.
    There were no questions about being money-driven as other reviewers had mentioned, but you are best off showing through example that you are motivated by numbers.

Interview Questions

• Can you give an example of a situation or experience where you had to persuade someone something, and how did you do it? What do you think recruiting is? Have you faced rejection and how did you recover? What is your greatest achievement? How do you handle the mistakes you've made? How do you manage your time? Give examples. What are some characteristics recruiters need to have?   Answer Question