Robert Walters Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Robert Walters Interview Questions

Interviews at Robert Walters

2.8

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Robert Walters (Barcelona (Spain)) in January 2020.

Interview

The girl was really nice and she explained the most important points of the opportunity. She wanted to understand my background and why I would like to change my job

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to change your job?
      What's your current salary?   Answer Question

Graduate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Robert Walters (London, England (UK)) in January 2020.

Interview

Pretty quick, video interview then two days later in to meet the director and head of training academy. Also met with senior consultants from Walters people one of their brands.

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Walters (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Met with several leaders across the organization as well as the MD in final stage.

Overall the staff were very unprofessional, I was asked irrelevant questions and there were rude / completely inappropriate comments made throughout the process.

Advise to stay away.

Interview Questions

Robert Walters Response

10 Dec 2019 – Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to interview with Robert Walters. I’m sorry to hear that you were unsuccessful with your application. We endeavour to follow the best interview techniques and are looking to learn and improve all the time. Should you have any suggestions on how we can improve the experience, please do contact me at tricia.tan@robertwalters.com.sg Thank you very much for your time.

Many thanks,

Tricia Tan
    HR Director, Robert Walters South East Asia

Associate Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Robert Walters.

Interview

It was a skype interview with an overseas interviewer. Took about 20 minutes and was casual although important questions were asked. The interviewer was very kind though and informative about the company.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Robert Walters (Tokyo (Japan)) in October 2019.

Interview

Really great. You first have a short interview with all of the division heads. Then, the process proceeds as a matching system, so you continue your interviews with the divisions you like and the divisions that chose you as well. It was great in being exposed to the whole business and choosing your interest team as the process continued.

Interview Questions

Robert Walters Response

12 May 2020 – Human Resources

Thank you for your review; we're delighted that you had a good interview experience and have accepted an offer to join us. The longer interview process is, exactly as you say, a great two-way street for our teams and our candidates to learn as much as they can about one another to ensure a great fit. Good luck and welcome to the team!

IT Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Robert Walters (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2019.

Interview

Interview Questions

• I have got a call from Robert Walters Singapore - a lady that I cannot get the name and she asked me irrelevant questions with very discriminate tone - After I check on EA directory, RW Singapore has 3 demerit points! It is very disappointing for such a big name like RW   2 Answers

16 Oct 2019 – Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you didn’t have a good experience with us. We aim to provide a good candidate experience and unfortunately this has not happened in this instance.

If you have further feedback on how we can improve, we’d be happy to hear from you in confidence at tricia.tan@robertwalters.com.sg

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Robert Walters (Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)) in September 2019.

Interview

The interview was pretty quick but getting to the office was a crazy complicated. Show up super early. They had me come in to the office and reviewed my CV. Iit too them 3 days to respond.

Interview Questions

• you have a client who has rejected 30+ candidates and just refected 3 more . what can you do to remedy the situation?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ōsaka, Osaka (Japan)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Walters (Ōsaka, Osaka (Japan)) in September 2019.

Interview

I applied through their site as a recruitment consultant. I was contacted by a talent acquisition specialist who was very enthusiastic throughout the call. The interview was with three managers. They were very nice throughout the interview and accommodating to my questions. Unfortunately, I did not get an offer, but the experience helped me reflect on my approach to interviews.

What you need to bring with you to the interview:
    -A strong set of examples as to how you fit the job of a recruiter (recruiting is a difficult job, has a high turnover rate, late hours, and is full of rejections) be able to talk about life examples where you have handled rejection and displayed persuasion, persistence, tenacity in difficult situations.

The majority of the questions (if you are just beginning your career) are based on what is your understanding of recruiting, how you fit, and what experiences you have to prove that. You are likely best off not mentioning the "humanistic" side of recruitment and show you are fit for the sales side of it.
    There were no questions about being money-driven as other reviewers had mentioned, but you are best off showing through example that you are motivated by numbers.

Interview Questions

• Can you give an example of a situation or experience where you had to persuade someone something, and how did you do it? What do you think recruiting is? Have you faced rejection and how did you recover? What is your greatest achievement? How do you handle the mistakes you've made? How do you manage your time? Give examples. What are some characteristics recruiters need to have?   Answer Question

UI/UX Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Robert Walters (Tokyo (Japan)) in September 2019.

Interview

The recruiter was kinda late and with dirty hairs. She acted nice, but seemed with any interest. After that I never had any response from her. Oddly enough she contacted me in the first place.
    Really disappointing from a top agency. Guess sometimes is really smoke in the eye and nothing much else.

Interview Questions

• She asked me about my position, but she did not know much about it in the first place.   Answer Question

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Walters.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by a Skype interview with Internal recruitment team. Process was quick and efficient with all questions being answered. Unfortunately not progressed due to lack of sales experience, a bit disappointing as I queried this during phone screen and Skype call and was informed that this shouldn't be an issue as training is offered.

Interview Questions

Robert Walters Response

24 Jul 2019 – Human Resources

Thanks for your review. First of all, thank you for your interest in Robert Walters and for applying to work with us. We appreciate your disappointment and regret that you feel the sales element of the role was under-emphasised. While there are a number of skills we look for in a potential consultant, sales is certainly a key one. If you have any further feedback you'd like to share with us about your interview experience, please feel free to email us at hr.admin@robertwalters.com.