Roche Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Roche Interview Questions

Interviews at Roche

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Roche.

Interview

There was a brief phone screen with an hr employee and a 30 minute interview with Senior employees.

Senior Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Roche (Santa Clara, CA (US)).

Interview

I applied for Sr Technical Proj Mgr role. Received an email from recruiter to setup 30min HR call.
    On the day of the call, she was late by 12 minutes, in our 30 minutes call.
    She rushed through her set of questions and then ended the call stating "have to pickup my kid from school". I had no opportunity to ask questions. Hence, was not able to assess the team/project.
    The questions she asked were - two were related to visa status, four were related to the position, last one was related to salary expectations. Total of seven questions.
    The question on salary expectations, I informed her, that it would be difficult for me to provide her a number without knowing much about the team, project, role expectations.
    Her response - She didnt know much about the team or the projects or the role, but she didnt want to waste hiring managers team if the salary didnt fit their range.
    I said - understood, how about we revisit this question, after I have had a chance to speak with hiring manager and prior to doing an on-site interview, if we reach that stage.
    Her response - well, again, it would be waste of time if your salary expectations are way off, so can you share what you are looking for, you must have a number in mind.
    I gave her a number.
    She said, ok will check with hiring manager. Now I have to go pick up my kid. Bye!

Two and half weeks later, I receive an email from a recruiter to setup a 30 minutes HR call. I had assumed, it was for another position or moving forward on the Sr Tech Proj Mgr role. However, 10 minutes into the conversation, the recruiter and I both realized that he was interviewing me for the same Sr Tech Project Manager role and that there was a communication break, internally between the two recruiters.
    Instead of ending the call, he proceeds with asking me, "why do you think the other recruiter has not called you back? How did your conversation end with her, what is positive or slightly challenged?"

A further two weeks later, I receive an email from the original recruiter to setup a one hour hangout call with the hiring manager.
    One the day of, the hiring manager asked me a LOT of questions and left me one minute at the end to ask him questions.

Overall, not a very positive impression.

Interview Questions

• The questions were 70% engineering related i.e. to test technical competency. 30% of the questions were Project Management related.   Answer Question

Contract Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Roche (Indianapolis, IN (US)).

Interview

Interview process itself went fine with a typical phone interview with the Roche recruiter/talent specialist which then led to a panel interview with the hiring managers. The post-interview process however was the most unprofessional I have ever encountered, by far. For a period of four straight weeks I heard from the recruiter or hiring managers "You'll hear from us with an update on this day" just to never hear from them. We all know there can be many delays and unforeseen circumstances in the interview/hiring process, but am dumbfounded at the lack of follow up or simply doing what they said they would do. A simple email stating things had been pushed back would have sufficed, but apparently the 30 seconds to write said email is too difficult. Such a lack of professionalism or keeping ones word reflects extremely poorly on Roche as an organization, whether they realize that or not.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how you best deal with/overcome stressful situations in the workplace   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Roche.

Interview

I met with 2 managers, one at a time. They each explained the role and responsibilities. The interview was really conversational and a good experience. Questions were geared towards my prior experience and gauging my interest in the role/work.

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you with documentation and SOP creation given your prior research lab experience?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Roche.

Interview

There was a phone interview with HR first, which was a standard behavioral interview. After that, there was another phone interview via Google Hangouts with the potential hiring manager, which was more technical.

CSR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Roche (Arlington, VA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

I had to download Hangouts and then request the hiring manager..There was a series of questions that was asked the whole process took about 45 minutes They forward it my answers to HR and get back with me within five minutes

Interview Questions

• Why do you think we should hire you   1 Answer

Scientist (Temporary) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Roche (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

4 one on one sequential rounds of interviews. Often had to repeat answers to similar questions. Tested understanding of hypothesis testing and DNA analysis. Each round ended with short math questions. All interviewers were friendly and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to this position? Where do you see yourself 5 years down the road? What do you hope to get out of this position? Are you interested in data analysis or coding? Tested understanding of hypothesis testing and DNA analysis. Each round ended with short math questions.   Answer Question

Tech Summer Interview

Interview

Phone screen - skype interview - asked to speak about personal background and project experiences and the interviewer spoke a bit more about the projects they are working on and then proceeded to the coding challenge

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Roche.

Interview

Process started with a recruiter call, she asked me about my background and few technical questions. After that I got a phone screening invite. Phone screening was a video call, first question was to find a day to sell a stock, but interviewer wasn't able to explain it. I coded whatever she explained. after that she asked me another question convert string into camel case. It was a pretty easy i did it. finally she asked me some design, I explained her whatever I could do in 5 min.

I was very positive about this interview and wanted to go forward, but I got a negative reply. after that I feel this company is highly sexist and not professional.

Interview Questions

• Best time to sell a stock and convert sting to camel case.   Answer Question

Field Applications Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Roche.

Interview

standard: phone screening then face to face interview with hiring manager and senior Field Application Specialist. Informal setting. Standard STAR interview questions. Some technical questions related to the position but nothing too specific like how do you run QC and such.

Interview Questions

• provide example of how you've handled a difficult coworker?
      Why roche?
      What do you think would be the most difficult aspect of this position?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.