Rocket Companies Interview Questions

Updated Sep 29, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,556 of over 1,556.0 interviews

2.6
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Rocket Companies

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rocket Companies (Chicago, IL)

Interview

amazing experience a set of words that is complete in itself, typically containing a subject and predicate, conveying a statement, question, exclamation, or command, and consisting of a main clause and sometimes one or more subordinate clauses.

Interview Questions
  • loved it it was amazing
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rocket Companies (Detroit, MI) in Aug 2021

Interview

The interview process took a little under a month and consisted of an initial call with a recruiter and 2 panel style interviews. The recruiter conversation was pretty standard. The first panel interview consisted of 5+ interviewers firing off what was mostly trivia style questions in addition to asking about various points on my resume. In general they were pretty disorganized and there was more than one "moment of silence" where they clearly hadn't figured out who was asking questions when. A few of the interviewers had somewhat abrasive attitudes and one of the interviewers in particular looked like he would rather be anywhere else. More than once a comment was made that "Staff level is very high" from lower level devs which was giving me what almost felt like weird jealousy vibes. Someone having a hard time getting promoted I guess. The second panel interview again consisted of 5+ interviewers literally watching me fire up a basic front end app and go through a number of junior level "implement this" tasks with acceptance criteria. This experience went on for an hour and a half with the panel barely speaking the entire time. More than half the panel looked like they were actually just doing other work during this time. Following that section was a yet another disorganized series of random trivia and behavioral questions. Generally the questions were easy. At one point an interviewer threw in a random system design question with a link to a lucid chart and no ability to edit it. There was no heads up for this prior to the interview and when the question was thrown in we had roughly 15 minutes left with 10 of those supposedly being for me to ask questions. I received a downgraded offer within 3 days of the final interview which I declined. The feeling I have is the dev group doesn't have a good idea how to interview for higher level positions so they essentially just give the same interview as they would for any other position with some arbitrary grading guidelines thrown in. Overall it was one of the worst and most awkward interview experiences I've had to date.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rocket Companies (Detroit, MI) in Aug 2021

Interview

HR Initial Call followed up 90 mins interview panel. 4 Interview Panels and poor internet connection with panelist. Rapid random questions by the interview panel. No one in the interview panel has the interest to take the interview. If you talk more about your passion then they will not the interested. I never had an interview panel like this without any interest.

Interview Questions
  • Algorithm Round and Technical Round with 4 people. Too many opinionated developers in the interview panel.

Rocket Companies

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rocket Companies

Interview

Not too difficult, pretty straightforward. Couple of phone interviews and an online assessment with final interview with one of the leaders in the department. Make sure you know about their "-isms", they place a lot of emphasis on that.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Rocket Companies

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rocket Companies

Interview

Very fast, straight to the point and professional. The interviewer asked questions that would bring out personality and well and my ability to do the job. The interview prosses took about 2-3 weeks and consisted of 2 interviews total.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work here? Tell me about yourself? What can you bring to the company?

Rocket Companies

Application

I interviewed at Rocket Companies

Interview

The interview process was very informative. The basics about yourself . Experience and why you chose this field. Also just talked about the company overall. Plus the assessment test ,

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Rocket Companies

Application

I interviewed at Rocket Companies

Interview

Brief phone call, position was different than the job listing which was also vague. Hours seemed excessive and barely room for work/life balance. Seemed like they were coaching you and wanted you to say specific things to the higher ups to tell them what they wanted to hear.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Rocket Companies (Detroit, MI) in Jul 2021

Interview

The interview process was about 15 minutes. Very informative, the recruiter educated me on the company as well as asked questions about myself. I think it may be a part two to the interview.

Interview Questions
  • Why are you leaving your current job

Rocket Companies

Application

I interviewed at Rocket Companies

Interview

Personality questions to see if you’re a good fit to the culture and nature of the job. Asking about what motivates you and what your goals are. Long term goals.

Interview Questions
  • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Rocket Companies

Application

I interviewed at Rocket Companies

Interview

It was quick but this place is obviously not a good environment. They really focus on "family" and the money that you will make but also the absolute absurd expectations they have for you. 60-70+ hours easy. Decided to not go through with the interview because I want to have some type of life other than work.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,556 Interviews