Rocket Fuel Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Rocket Fuel Interview Questions

Interviews at Rocket Fuel

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rocket Fuel.

Interview

Very standard interview process. A few rounds of phone interviews and then in-person to follow. The in-persons were very enjoyable and a positive experience. The office felt very warm and inviting and the environment is very work hard, play hard with a lot of intelligent people in all age ranges. Only downside was HR was a bit unorganized and that slowed the process at times.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions about logical reasoning that I was not expecting.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I met some recruiters at a job fair and they seemed interested. Later that day I got an e-mail inviting me to a technical interview at my campus. After that, I was sent a coding assignment and invited out to California for on-site interviews.

Interview Questions

• No specific difficult questions, just tested the breadth of my education.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rocket Fuel in September 2014.

Interview

Met at career fair. Got emailed by recruiter to arrange an on campus interview. Got asked one technical question and a few other software design. database design questions. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Rocket Fuel in November 2014.

Interview

Got an online assignment invitation after referred by a friend. It is a three hours online assignment: auto racer problem. It has some detailed description and some hints. You can compile and run code to check the result.

Interview Questions

• Online assignm is quite challenging. Couldn't finish within the time limit.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Rocket Fuel in October 2014.

Interview

Met recruiter at campus career fair. Scheduled on campus interview; was asked design and data structures problems. After about a week I got an email inviting me for an onsite interview event. At the onsite, had four back to back technical interviews. Two of the four interviewers had heavy accents, which made understanding the problems more difficult. All interviewers seemed rushed, impatient, and cold. I appreciated the experience because it was good practice in technical interviewing, but I did not enjoy the atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Given a sequence of words in some lexicographical order, how would you determine a consistent ordering on the characters?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rocket Fuel.

Interview

Applied online for AI position, received an email asking me to participate in an online programming competition hosted by RocketFuel. I did it and placed well. Got invited onsite, realized they put me for data science rather than AI which I applied for. I interviewed with 4 employees. 3 of them asked normal data structure and algorithm questions. Cannot disclose specific questions due to NDA. One asked OS, networking, database and scalability questions, none of which I was familiar with and prepared for. A week later I was told I wasn't chosen.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Rocket Fuel.

Interview

Send me a question on hackerrank which I was able to do but before time out I didn't submit a version and it went to TIMEOUT. I think its fair but they were not sending any reply emails for the emails I send.. So be prepared to workout some examples and learn the Hackerrank features before you enter the interview

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rocket Fuel (Redwood City, CA (US)) in August 2013.

Interview

2 phone interviews. The first one is relative easy and the second one is a little harder. I didn't pass the second interview. Questions in the second interview include: random permutation of a string, inversion pairs, random sample from a infinite data stream. The interviewer also asked some techniques questions based on my resume.

Interview Questions

• f(x, y, z) = g(x, y , z) + noise how to estimate the maximum value of g(x, y, z) we don't know the structure of g.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rocket Fuel.

Interview

I received an email from an HR asking about the time of phone interview, less than 24 hours after I submitted my resume. It's the most efficient HR job among all of the companies I interviewed with.

Interview Questions

• 1, Implement postorder traversal - most people will use recursion, I did so. 2, Follow-up: Not to use recursion but use for/while loop. 3, write a function for the for/while loop to get the next pointer with the current pointer as the input.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rocket Fuel (Redwood City, CA (US)) in December 2010.

Interview

two rounds phone interview, a 4-hour programming test, then fly me for on-site interview.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.