Russell Investments Interview Questions in London, UK | Glassdoor.co.in

Russell Investments Interview Questions in London, UK

Interviews at Russell Investments

Portfolio Management Placement Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Russell Investments (London, England (UK)).

Interview

applied through career centre, then 1st round interview at the office with questions about yourself, your resume, classic stuff. Then some questions about news, mostly macro, a few about markets. 2d round itw in the office as well, you may have an excel test (easy if you've ever worked with it a bit) and some questions about the funds positioning (how are we positioned on this asset class v. bmk and why?).
    Very relaxed and opened to discussion

Interview Questions

• What do you think of the economic situation in the UK ?   Answer Question

Work Placement London Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Russell Investments (London, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

Had a first round interview with the manager. Typical walk me through your cv interview. Was very quick (around 15/20 mins) and the manager was friendly.
    Got invited to a second round interview where it was the same thing but with 3 of the current team members for 30 mins one after each other. Had to repeat a lot of my answers.
    Make sure you know your cv off heart.

Interview Questions

• Why asset management?
      Why Russell?
      Why this role?
      What do you know about the company?
      What has been going on in the news recently?   Answer Question

Work Placement Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Russell Investments (London, England (UK)) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview was carried by one Head of Department and one analyst on a "good cop - bad cop" style. While one of them was very friendly and constantly smiling the other was harsh. They wasted a lot of time dancing around some small areas of my cv while leaving 80% of it (and the most important areas) unattended for long time. They made me think "For God´s sake, is the whole interview focused on this or what?". They grinded me over and over again asking the same, asking it differently, asking it again after we moved into another topic, trying to catch me on an incoherence or a contradiction. The most important areas like education and work experience were dispatched in 3 minutes while complementary courses I did focused the attention as if they were vital for them. There were also some typical behavioral interview questions and an excel test. The data was complicated to understand and was poorly presented. The problem was actually knowing what did you have to do with that data. The questions were easy once understood

Interview Questions

• General questions about my studies, background, experience...
      Excel test: vlookups, countif, rank with several orders, interpret the data...   Answer Question

Portfolio Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Russell Investments (London, England (UK)) in October 2013.

Interview

The first step was a phone interview with the team, 30 minutes, mostly personality and motivations questions. Got invited for a face to face interview with two portfolio managers and an excel test. The interview was mostly on my previous experiences. The excel test was badly prepped and did not understand what was required of me. Did not get an offer but got a call for another position in another investment team, same process minus the excel test, got the position.

Interview Questions

• Your neighbor tells you he has 200,000£ and he knows you work in asset management. He ask for your advice, what do you tell him?   1 Answer

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Russell Investments (London, England (UK)) in March 2013.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews, 1 hour session with my manager, which was quite informal and more of a chat, then 3 hour meetings with lots of people from across the business!
    but that is good as you get to meet lots of people that you will be working with, so gain an idea of culture etc.

Interview Questions

• generic questions- tell me about your CV, what experience do you have- can bring to the table, why do you want this role, what skills do you have that could help the team   1 Answer
    • hobbies   1 Answer

Negotiation

my agency did that for me.

Investment Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Russell Investments (London, England (UK)) in December 2012.

Interview

Online application and face to face interview

Interview Questions

• All the interview was about my CV and future expectations   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.