S&P Global Market Intelligence Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

S&P Global Market Intelligence Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at S&P Global Market Intelligence

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY (US)) in February 2011.

Interview

Capital IQ boasts an extremely cool group of people...I felt very comfortable in the preliminary interview, and during super day interviews. The company culture seems incredible, definitely a great place to work.

I applied through a school employment site, interviewed on campus, then interviewed on site for super day.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for S&P Global Market Intelligence

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY (US)) in May 2010.

Interview

The interview questions were very basic and what you normally expect to be asked. Be prepared to answer typical questions such as tell me about yourself and tell me about an experience in which you were challenged and how you over came it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about you that I would not be able to know from looking on your resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY (US)) in May 2011.

Interview

almost non existent - i knew more about the company than both the HR rep giving the interview and the manager that ultimately hired me. Everyone was new and people seemed more interested in socializing with one another than what was going on with the business. Employees were completely oblivious to everything outside their immediate teams.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty easygoing, you meet with the supervisors and they ask general questions about your capabilities and how you handle under pressure. They handle the beginning steps as an employee through a temp agency until offered to be part of the team.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Interview had 3 rounds, first HR to check your communication skills, second with your hiring manager for technical area and third with senior management. After you clear all 3 rounds salary discussion and on boarding areas are discussed.

Interview Questions

• I did not have to give any answers , I got selected for my communication skills with strong background and yes confidence is must.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Hyderabad) in November 2010.

Interview

interview process is average, and it is very good. Panel is very good and they makes us to feel comfortable. Some Questions were tough and some were easy overall the experience is good

Interview Questions

• Given some balance sheet items and asked to do Ratio Analysis   Answer Question

Negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New Delhi) in May 2012.

Interview

Applied through company website. Called for interview in 2 days.

Interview Questions

• "This is a task oriented and mundane role. Are you sure you will want to do this?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New Delhi) in October 2008.

Interview

How did you prepare your resume? Any help/material you took/read?
    Resume inputs from batch mates & more importantly from seniors. Fine tuning the resume with inputs especially from
    seniors or batch mates who are already working helped a lot.
    How did you prepare for your interview/GD? Did you work in groups? Any website/material you read/used for
    preparation of Case-Studies/HR Questions/Puzzles/Technical/GDs? (Your sending across links/documents would help
    us compile a single point resource)
    Importance of mock Interviews & Case studies along with your peers cannot be more emphasized.
    Lots of material is available in campus both for case studies and HR questions. “BE Prepared ” gives u
    an insight into what to expect in your interviews ?
    During Placement Season
    What was the procedure of selection in the companies you sat for?
    Company 1: Merryl Lynch, Shortlisting based on online form & test, resume. 2 rounds of Interviews.
    Company 2: Grail Research, Shortlisting based on test & resume. 2-4 rounds of interviews. Walk us through the
    GDs/Interviews of these companies. The questions that you were asked and other details that you may remember would
    be of great help. (You may not write the answers you gave) Merryl Lynch : 1st round had one 10 min interview . Some
    HR questions & checking basic knowledge in finance.
    2nd round had 2 interviews each of 20-30 minutes. Questions on finance, projects, HR, & puzzles in both
    the interviews.
    Grail Research : 1st round had 2 Estimation Case studies along with some HR questions. For example “
    Calculate no.
    of cold drinks sold in India in a given year”.
    2nd round again was a mix of business case studies and HR questions.
    If someone wants to appear for these companies, what all should he/she ideally prepare? (If you could draw from your
    mistakes, it would help a lot.)
    For students going for Non-Tech companies, neglecting HR questions can be a big mistake (Not particularly sure how
    imp. it
    is for Tech companies)
    “Tell me about yourself” seems to be the most innocent questions of all, but can prove to be a big pain if
    left for Impromptu.
    As far as case studies go, solve at least 5 different types of case in your group to get a feel for it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ahmedabad

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Ahmedabad) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview process started with a phone interview and after that one on one interview was conducted a the head office the following day with the head recruiter.Was told to wait atleast a week till the second interview was to be conducted.Overall it was a standard process.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to finance and accounting concepts were asked.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ahmedabad

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Ahmedabad) in May 2012.

Interview

They will ask you simple question, just need to prepare about the dept u are going to be work and question will be as per the department. The initial HR round will be simple person question and related to basic of accounting.

Interview Questions

• Mostly from accounting like balance sheet, income statement add cash flow. they will mainly check if you can stay with the company for long time or not.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.