S&P Global Market Intelligence Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

S&P Global Market Intelligence Interview Questions

Interviews at S&P Global Market Intelligence

Associate Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence in November 2015.

Interview

Applied through SNL online portal via an alumni reference. Got a call a couple days later to set a phone screen with HR. After that I did another phone screen with a Manager and finally did a 4 person phone interview (~2 hrs). The process took about 2.5 weeks and went extremely well. The people were fantastic, informative, and totally transparent about the hiring process. SNL has a refreshingly well crafted screening process.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this job?   4 Answers
    • What about your past experience makes you qualified?   2 Answers

It was a tough decision but in the end I decided to go a totally different direction career wise.

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Boulder, CO (US)).

Interview

Call with recruiter, followed up by call with hiring manager and then in-person interview with team - three separate conversations with multiple team members.

While the initial interview process went smoothly, three separate deadlines came and went after the in-person interview without hearing any feedback, despite following up with multiple members of the process. Was really disappointed at the lack of communication after being considered a finalist and having a very cordial in-person interview. Not sure where the breakdown occurred, but I felt it was unprofessional to be left in the dark for so long.

Interview Questions

• Relevant questions related to previous experience and how skill set would translate to requirements of the role - describe experience working with Excel and other software programs and ability to maximize results within those.   Answer Question
    • What is your knowledge/background in analyzing energy markets? Do you have an understanding of how different utility markets function?   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Princeton, NJ (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

I got an email from HR after I applied for this position on University Portal. Scheduled a phone interview next week with another Software Engineer. It went well, basically asked to introduce myself followed by couple of question on data structures & algos. Got a mail from HR for the onsite interview couple of days later. Scheduled it the following week. Was given a test which the standard process I believe with 40 mins to complete it. After 40 mins the hiring manager came in took a look over the test, didn't go through the code. He was interested in the OO design ques in the test. Started asking about it & later he got into logic ques. All he wanted to see is how good my logic is, which if I would have been prepared for, would have been good. It didn't turn out well. The next couple of rounds were just the oral technical questions & behavioral. Those consisted of questions from databases - joins, groupbys & oops concepts etc.

Associate Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Richmond, VA (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

The 1st half of the interview was as to be expected for the position. The second part of the interview was done with a contracted hiring consultant who was only interested in personality and not skills, experience or qualifications.

Interview Questions

• Asked about past experiences in the filed.   1 Answer

Associate Director Interview

Interview

Had lunch with the team. Talked about company culture and the future they foresee. Talked about my past job experience as well as our interactions. Talked about the stocks and markets in general. It was a nice crew. Good meal too.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY (US)) in February 2010.

Interview

30 mins paper test (all about algorithms design) before the 1:1 interview. And the 1:1 interview is mostly about the test you just took. Also, it related some of your experience. Make sure you got all the details on your resume and be able to explain fluently.
    No behavioural question was asked.
    Technical questions included topics: data structure( array, linked list, hash table, etc), algorithm (many many), DB design (normalization or multi-relationship), pick a language you like and write a short program they gave you.

Interview Questions

• algorithm to reverse a singly linkedlist. (most efficient way)   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence in December 2008.

Interview

They are looking for social people. I knew all of their technical questions, but the feedback that I got from a friend working there was that I am not sociable enough. I asked one of the interviewers, but he said it was my technical side that didn't get me the job.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

First interview was a phone screen, which covered the basics of object oriented design. Second interview came a couple months later and was on site with three individual engineers. This interview was bit more in debt, it involved 3 questions related to algorithm design, application design and a high level implementation the database objects required to store the applications data with the correct normalization. The questions were quite manageable and came from regular scenarios which would occur in most enterprise solutions. The last interview was over the phone and was strategically focused on the technologies that position required. Mostly focus on SOA and the Microsoft stack which can be used to build these type of solutions.

Interview Questions

• One of the interviewers asked about database isolation and optimizing a process which will have a high level of concurrency. This was not difficult for me but was unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had a pending offer and they matched it.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

Three interviews:-
    1. First Round(phone) :HR based interviews with general HR questions and provided a coding Quiz(Fraction point).

2. Second Round(phone): Interview with the hiring manager, general questions about my experience and courses taken at school. Discussed about my projects and how I could improve it now, and also went over the quiz.

3. Third Round (on-site) : 3 Round interviews with 4 different people(two in the last round). First round asked general question for 10 mins and provided to a coding quiz to be solved in 45 mins.

It had 4 questions ,all Data structures and OOPS based.
    1.Least Common Ancestor in a BST.
    2. Merging two sorted lists.
    3.How to Designing cache to return data faster (solution-hashtable) and how to improve it with multiple requests(multi-threading..)
    4. How to design vending Machine.

Second Round, the interviewer went over each solution and asked questions around the problem, improvements, and running times.

Third Round, two interviewers went over OOP, Design Patter, multi-threading, etc. Asked me to design and write codes for a Deck of cards for Blackjack, and some features of BlackJack Game(shuffling, players, giving cards to each player, etc).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated starting date.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online on my school's Job link. It is an on campus interview and I was asked to finish 4 programming questions in 30 mins. And the interviewer went through those 4 question with me together.

Interview Questions

• Design a Cache to store stock information.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.