S&P Global Market Intelligence Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

S&P Global Market Intelligence Interview Questions

Updated 18 May 2017

Associate Director Interview

Interview

Had lunch with the team. Talked about company culture and the future they foresee. Talked about my past job experience as well as our interactions. Talked about the stocks and markets in general. It was a nice crew. Good meal too.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I applied through the website. 2 weeks later received a call from a recruiter to learn about my experiences. I pass that round was scheduled for a call with the hiring manager. During the interview the manager asked about my current role, what I know about the company/position. I received a call from the recruiter same day saying they wanted to meet me. Final interview was 3, 30 minute sessions from other managers on the team. My recruiter was very knowledgeable about the company, friendly and professional. That was very helpful.

Interview Questions

• What do you do in your current job?
      What do you know about us?
      Why would you be a good fit?
      Alot of behavioral questions.

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

The worst interview I have ever had. I was asked lots of questions I didn't prepare such as financial knowledge I learnt in college. I didn't expect to be asked these questions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

It's an onsite interview. I was interviewing with five persons. For each person, it was a 30 minutes talk. Most of questions were based on my resume. It also included some very practical industrial questions.

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

There was an initial interview with three people. They reviewed my background and went over the position. Afterwards, there would have been a follow-up interview with others in the organization.

Product Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence in January 2017.

Interview

I applied on their website in October and around 10 days later I received a phone screen with someone currently in the role I applied to. After the initial phone screen I didn't hear back until January when I was asked to have a final round of interviews over Skype.

Interview Questions

• What role do you take when you work on a team? What do you like least about being on a team?   1 Answer
    • How did you choose your school?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your leadership experience/extra curricular activities   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you failed and how you overcame it   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you worked with a team and had a member who was lagging behind. What did you do to motivate them?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence.

Interview

interviewer asked about general market inquiries, stock market basic knowledge and the usual stuff about yourself and dedication to work. it was a short interview, interviewer wasn't at all attentive

Interview Questions

• something about yourself
      familiarity with the company
      familiarity with the market
      knowledge about the job description
      usual stuff, edge over other applicants

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY (US)) in July 2016.

Interview

1st round was a 30 minute phone screen - recruiter asked no technical questions. Heard back less than 24 hours later to schedule 2nd round, which was a week later. 2nd Round was probably the most difficult - 1 on 1 in-person interview with senior director hiring for the position. Heard back less than 30 minutes after leaving the interview about a final round. 3rd round was two weeks following - Recruiter handled all logistics and travel arrangements for out-of-state interviews with the team I'd be working closely with (2 day travel, consisted of 6x 30 minute, back to back interviews). Heard back within 24 hours with formal offer. They were good about extending time for me to consider and ask clarifying questions - I took 7 days to negotiate with competing offers. All in all - interviews were very conversational. Only technical questions pertained to my background and knowledge qualifications for the position.

Interview Questions

• -Define the responsibilites of 'Product Manager' specific to XYZ industry
      -Help me understand your resume
      -Explain the technical aspects of XYZ research publication
      -Why did you chose XYZ as your field of study for graduate schooling
      -Your background is heavily in research and this position is not, so:
      1) What experiences qualify you for this role?
      2) How familiar are you with excel and handling large data sets
      3) How have you engaged with stakeholders in this industry
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated 15% higher base salary and signing bonus

Finally Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, CO (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Greenwood Village, CO (US)).

Interview

In-depth review of cash flow, income statement, balance sheet, good will, diluted eps. With heavy emphasis on the cash flow. Included a phone interview then two group interviews. Must be able to work in a tedious environment reading large statement for majority of the day.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Charlottesville, VA (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

Process was long and not structured. It was difficult to communicate with people in a timely manner. When speaking to people, they were very helpful but actually contacting them was frustrating. The frustration of the process deterred me away from the company.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.