S&P Global Market Intelligence Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

S&P Global Market Intelligence Interview Questions

Interviews at S&P Global Market Intelligence

Data Researcher/Content Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ahmedabad

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Ahmedabad) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview involved 2 rounds.

The first being an HR Telephonic round. The HR was asking me very good questions with regard to the subject matter. She was very knowledgeable one.

The second round was the manager level. The level of questions relating to finance was even higher. They even asked me questions which were even above and beyond the levels which I had studied.

Interview Questions

• What is leveraged buyout? & How is diluted EPS calculated.   2 Answers

Software Development Engineer-II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Gurgaon, Haryana) in December 2017.

Interview

I was approached by company HR on Linkedin, and after asking for basic details an telephonic round was set for 3 days later and after clearing it I got a call from HR again to come for final and face to face round at company's Gurgaon office.
    result for last round was given 2 days later over the call, so overall smooth process for me and took around 10 days.

Interview Questions

• WPF
      Converters? ans implement iValueConvertor and implement Convert () & ConverrtBack()
      Command in WPF? ans Icommand
      iNotifyPropertyChange? ans it and explained UpdateSourceTrigger
      types of Resources? static vs dynamic
      How to Implement style?
      can one style implement on one page be used on another? ans yes if declared at window level
      MVVM architecture?
      Does MVVM follow SOLID principal? Yes
      PRISM?
      Dispatcher in WPF?
      AP vs DP?
      Types of Bindings in WPF?
      DirectEvents in WPF? ans all RountEvent in WPF
      is Multithreading possible in WPF? answered NO it follows STA
      how to make UI more responsive? answered Async and Await

C#
      OOPS, concept?
      Var vs Dynamic?
      as and is operator ?
      how does compiler binds method to class?
      Multithreading in C#? if we want to implement progress bar as and when 100 threads do their work how shud we implement?

WCF
      endpoints in WCF? explained A+B+C for endpoints
      types of binding? answered scenario based and which one to choose by flow diagram
      default instance mode in wcf?
      types of instance modes in WCF?

SQL
      read uncommitted isolation levels?
      select case yes or no if null = null
      ACID properties

Face-Face

how would you design the Structure of multi-threaded environment to contain each Thread and its StackTrace.?

Write Code to implement Enqueue and De-Queue method in a Queue and data can be added both in Front or End of Queue?

Value types vs Reference Types?

Design data structures and few queries to optimize them and insert data in a table designed by him and advantages/disadvantage of the two?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ahmedabad

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Ahmedabad) in September 2017.

Interview

Anyways glass door, I will update my opinion on quora, I stand by review I have put, we work for money and such companies have hiring process which only hires freshers, for them people above 35 are old.
    There are various platforms to write reviews, I will use that, but i will definitely put same opinion.

Interview Questions

• Whosoever is trying to give interview and S&P global market intelligence, for Business analyst position Ahmedabad, please go through my experience;
      In July 2016, S&P global had Business analyst opening, and I did not clear the interview as I was not able to answer few questions correctly, I assume its ok if you dont know answers of 3 questions from say 10 questions. Matter over
      In Aug 2017, I got call from one of the vendor (Mind it here vendor is not at fault at all) for opening of BA in S&P global ahmedabad, the S&P global outrightly rejected my Application without taking interview giving reason I was interviewed earlier (thats is more than 1 year back). So if any one is giving interview at S&P global and fail to get selected, door to S&P global will be closed permanently even if interview happened 1 year back.

Another thing I noticed, in july 2017 S&P global has given walkin for Business analyst, but till sept(Till date) they are not able to close the opening, so Ideally they are not friendly employer. So guys please think multiple times while going for interview.

I have not twisted facts its reality.Another fact is S&P global business analyst position would on pay roll of vendor situated at mumbai, so if S&P global is not happy with performance, they can remove candidate and as vendor is from mumbai, local ahmedabad candidate will be in fix to shift the location.

So before going for interview think multiple times. I hope I have guided all ahmedabad candidates who works for feeding family and paying EMI, such kind of companies disturbs our family balances. good luck.   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Gurgaon, Haryana) in July 2013.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 5 rounds.

1. Aptitude test -quant, verbal, LR, RC
    2. HR interview- basic questions
    3. Test -GK, language, maths, etc
    4. Managers round- various questions
    5. Directors round- 5 minute interview

Interview Questions

• How would you fit into the role?

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   1 Answer

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Hyderabad) in May 2016.

Interview

1) Written Test, in this they asked all technical and functional Q's, including SQL,VBA and Finance Related Objective and Descriptive type Q's for 40 Marks in max 1hour duration.
    2) Technical Interview level -1
    3) Technical Interview level -2 All management and decision making related Q's
    4) HR round

Interview Questions

• Bond Coupon ?
      Bond Callable and Puttable features?
      Tell me an incidence where one transaction effects all 3 statements?
      S&P Global Ticker ?
      More Q's on my previous work ?
      VBA and Excel related Q's?
      SQL related Query's?
      Turnover Ratios and days outstanding ratios,CCC, DIO, DRO?   Answer Question

Junior Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Gurgaon, Haryana) in September 2013.

Interview

5 ROUNDS :1st is 30 min aptitude which has english ,maths and reasoning questions.
    2nd is HR round where u are being asked simple financial definition to see ur knowledge and comm skills,i was being asked the difference between bonds and debentures,and the reason for currency depriciation.
    3rd round is technical writing round for 90mins: has general awarenees+finance question
    bussiness description,and hard core reasoning.
    4th is technical interview round : where a lot of grilling is done on financial terms,curent awareness and resume.
    5th is director round :just a formality

Software Development Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)) in May 2019.

Interview

Interview process was so seamless and well managed. I was called on a day telling that Interview sessions could last upto 4 hours.
    So when I get there I went through back to back 2 interviews and then a 2 hours technical/aptitude/communication test, after that I went for another interview. I was happy that they are not waisting anytime and managing everything right on time but at the end of almost 4 hours 30 minutes, I was feeling extremely exhausted. Otherwise the whole experience was great.

Research Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Hyderabad).

Interview

Self introduction,technical interview on finance,director interview. should have sound knowledge on finance.should be familiar with the stock exchanges both in India and US.s should have excellent communication skills.s should be flexible at work hours

Filing and Sourcing Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Practical situation is more
    Which I mentioned in question
    Initially asked about introduction and family back ground?
    What do you know at excel?
    Like formula,and other tools
    What's is your 5 years goals
    Do you have plan for further study?

Interview Questions

• When Interviewer give different situation s1) if a person on the manager post and person's system is not working and person's collogue is not available who is working under him
      And person have to complete a work and report to his senior manager at the end of the day what that person will do?
       #situation -1

2) person working in a team of 5 members one of them is not give sincer effort.For some time 4 members complete the task of 5th member's uncompleted task.This situation happen again and again 4 members report to their supervisor supervisor reply them solve this issue themselves.
      What 4 members should do? #situation   Answer Question
    • what you do in free time?   Answer Question
    • why should I select you?what skills do you have?   Answer Question

Data Researcher Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence.

Interview

Apptitude test followed by GD and PI. Appititude test was easy. GD topic was also general. PI was a bit difficult as they asked lot many questions related to accounting.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.