S&P Global Market Intelligence Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

S&P Global Market Intelligence Interview Questions

Interviews at S&P Global Market Intelligence

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

On-Campus: Written test followed by a follow-up in person interview.
    On-site:
    3 back to back technical interviews, 40-45 minutes each.
    Questions:
    1. Design "Undo" and "Redo" feature for a text editor.
    2. Given an integer array, return "1" if sum of any two numbers is zero.
    3. Use two dice to create a random number generator (0-15).
    4. What is a Race Condition?
    5. Given a continuous stream of characters, find the first non-repeating character.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY (US)) in October 2013.

Interview

Had an on campus interview. Took 30 minutes paper test and then went through all the questions with the interviewer. Some follow-up questions from the interviewers are not easy compare to the written test.

Interview Questions

• Binary tree path sum
      find a linkedlist's nth to last node
      Cache design
      DB design
      count the number of bits in a char   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (College Park, MD (US)) in February 2011.

Interview

I applied to Capital IQ through my university's career fair. Then I was given an on-campus interview. The first half of the interview was a skills test. The recruiter walked in, handed me the test, and gave me 30 minutes to complete. It consisted of 5 technical questions pertaining to data structures and bit manipulation.

Interview Questions

• Given a tree, create a function for a getting a sub-tree given P and K.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY (US)) in April 2012.

Interview

There was an initial paper exam consisting of five question which were not particularly hard.
    They included
    i. write a function that gets the number of set bits in a character
    ii. Reverse a linkedlist
    iii. Find the least common ancestor in a tree

These questions are used as a conversation starter for the actual interview.
    It is important that you get them right but I doubt if they are of any great consequence

Interview Questions

The pay was a bit low compared to other offers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online on my school's Job link. It is an on campus interview and I was asked to finish 4 programming questions in 30 mins. And the interviewer went through those 4 question with me together.

Interview Questions

• Design a Cache to store stock information.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

First interview was a phone screen, which covered the basics of object oriented design. Second interview came a couple months later and was on site with three individual engineers. This interview was bit more in debt, it involved 3 questions related to algorithm design, application design and a high level implementation the database objects required to store the applications data with the correct normalization. The questions were quite manageable and came from regular scenarios which would occur in most enterprise solutions. The last interview was over the phone and was strategically focused on the technologies that position required. Mostly focus on SOA and the Microsoft stack which can be used to build these type of solutions.

Interview Questions

• One of the interviewers asked about database isolation and optimizing a process which will have a high level of concurrency. This was not difficult for me but was unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had a pending offer and they matched it.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

Three interviews:-
    1. First Round(phone) :HR based interviews with general HR questions and provided a coding Quiz(Fraction point).

2. Second Round(phone): Interview with the hiring manager, general questions about my experience and courses taken at school. Discussed about my projects and how I could improve it now, and also went over the quiz.

3. Third Round (on-site) : 3 Round interviews with 4 different people(two in the last round). First round asked general question for 10 mins and provided to a coding quiz to be solved in 45 mins.

It had 4 questions ,all Data structures and OOPS based.
    1.Least Common Ancestor in a BST.
    2. Merging two sorted lists.
    3.How to Designing cache to return data faster (solution-hashtable) and how to improve it with multiple requests(multi-threading..)
    4. How to design vending Machine.

Second Round, the interviewer went over each solution and asked questions around the problem, improvements, and running times.

Third Round, two interviewers went over OOP, Design Patter, multi-threading, etc. Asked me to design and write codes for a Deck of cards for Blackjack, and some features of BlackJack Game(shuffling, players, giving cards to each player, etc).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated starting date.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

I was called for a screening interview first which just asked about me and my resume. If they like you, you will to the next round with more phone interviews. Had three interviews for three separate teams engineer teams all working on different projects. I got the offer the same day as i interviewed for all three teams. Offer was for my choice of any of the teams so i chose the best one for me.

Interview Questions

• Honestly, weren't too technical. No specific coding questions as i guess they trust that you can do what they want.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Just take it. 28$ an hour.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview consisted of an on campus written exam followed by two in person interviews. Having passed those, they invited me to a "super-days" interview day at their office in NYC, which consisted of some networking events and three more in-person interviews. In total, I had 5 in-person interviews with 6 different people, two networking events, and an exam.

Interview Questions

• Classic computer science interview questions, asking you to write code, explain resume, time complexity of code solutions, etc. What's the difference between an interface and API?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY (US)) in May 2011.

Interview

almost non existent - i knew more about the company than both the HR rep giving the interview and the manager that ultimately hired me. Everyone was new and people seemed more interested in socializing with one another than what was going on with the business. Employees were completely oblivious to everything outside their immediate teams.