S&P Global Market Intelligence Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

S&P Global Market Intelligence Interview Questions

Interviews at S&P Global Market Intelligence

Technical Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY (US)) in March 2012.

Interview

Submitted online application and then after 5-7 workdays received phone call notification for phone interview.

Architecture Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

4 round interviews, all were in person interviews. But that time it was for summer interns. But mostly they see how you present your thoughts clearly. Not very technical.

Interview Questions

• 2 rounds technical, 1 round "intelligence", 1 round project. Really easy questions   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

I interviewed at NYC office. The whole process was 2 interviews on site (they can also be conducted through skype). Both managers were very polite and interested in learning more about your background.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about S&P?   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

It's a total mixed bag. It depends on who your interviewing with. Most, if you are really good at what you do, you can walk circles around. Just sound accommodating and knowledge .

Interview Questions

• There really is no question that will help you here.....   Answer Question

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

Under qualified interviewers. Manager did not want other managers in the team to interview me (later learned she did not get along with them). Instead I was interviewed by peer managers from entirely different teams. Should have been interviewed by more people on the team. Too many interviews spread over too many months. Arrived only to be told I was late (admin error).

Interview Questions

• Focused on employment gaps and not functions and value. Manager did not have clear idea of upcoming workload and seemed disgruntled. Manager looked tired and worn out.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I should have been able to negotiate with HR. Instead I had no other option than to negotiate with hiring manager. I was made a counter offer in the middle of the process. The manager was very old school and did not take kindly to my counteroffer. HR handles these situations all the time, thus any salary negotiation should be managed by HR recruiting.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY (US)) in October 2011.

Interview

Capital IQ came to our university career fair and my resume got selected. The next week I was called to give a Skills test and that followed by a 1:1 interview of one hour and consisted of basic questions like Reverse a linked list, Tree traversal, etc. The week after that I got a reply from the hiring manager about them moving ahead with other candidate.

Interview Questions

• Reverse a linked list   2 Answers
    • Tree traversal - Show that P and Q are contained in the nodes of a tree. (Don't remember the exact question..It had a diagram)   Answer Question
    • Draw ER Diagram for a contact management system having subsidary companies, etc..   Answer Question
    • How to count the number of set bits in a character??   Answer Question
    • Pseudo code to get stock quotes of public companies using an API and a cache efficient way to store it to reduce server load per calls.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY (US)) in March 2009.

Interview

first two rounds were technical phone screens. In house interviews I met with a HR representative, the hiring manager as well as the CTO. The process was much longer then they alluded and I took another job in the meantime.

Interview Questions

• Spring/Hibernate- very important to understand the concept behind and how to work in the environment   Answer Question
    • Brian teaser   2 Answers

Quantitative Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY (US)) in August 2011.

Interview

It was a phone screening interview, I was asked the question about what I did in school. Some brain teaser, some statistics questions and some programming questions. I did not answer well for programming questions. The statistics question like regression and the brain teasers are not so hard. Unfortunately, they didnot continue with me.

Reporter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (New York, NY (US)) in November 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by recruiter, then I was asked to complete a writing and reading comprehension skills test. Then, I had a series of interviews with industry editors and managing editors. The entire process dragged on for six months. I hadn't heard from them in six weeks, when I got a call offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• My experience writing and editing.   1 Answer

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at S&P Global Market Intelligence (Fort Worth, TX (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

Applied online on the company career portal. Received an email invitation for an Initial phone screen in less than 5 days. The recruiter called as scheduled. Had a conversation for about 30 minutes. Then the recruiter asked the expected salary. I counter questioned about the range the position falls within. The recruiter told the range - I was unpleasantly surprised to find the range for a senior (mid-level) engineer. I withdrew my application without further wasting their time.

Interview Questions

• General initial screening questions followed by salary expectations.   1 Answer