S&P Global Platts Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

S&P Global Platts Interview Questions

Interviews at S&P Global Platts

2.9

Commercial/Sales Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at S&P Global Platts (Houston, TX (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

I applied for the role in April. I was invited for a video screen a few days later. I was given 1 chance to answer 5-6 questions. One month later, I was invited to have a video interview and an in-person interview at the office. Upon my arrival to the office, I learned my interviewer was unwell and did not notify any other employee to interview me. I waited in the lobby for a while. 2 other employees who didn't seem to know much about the position interviewed me instead. They asked basic interview questions. A few days later, I learned I would not be moving forward to the next round.

Commodity Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at S&P Global Platts.

Interview

HireVue online questionnaire and onsite. Seems straightforward so far am still interviewing with them but i need to unlock the remaining reviews and have to leave an interview review in order to do so

Interview Questions

• How did you learn about this role? What is something special about you that is not on your profile?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at S&P Global Platts.

Interview

The interview process was pretty easy to understand. My initial interview was a 30 min phone call with an HR representative. Following the phone interview I was directed to speak with the team leader for the quantitative analysis team. This interview was more technical and position specific.

Interview Questions

• One of the most important questions was simply what motivated me to want to work as a quantitative analyst for their company.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Platts (New York, NY (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

Typical interview from HR regarding previous job and other hiring process. Why did you leave your last job and contribution in your past team. How can you contribute to the team and strength and weakness.

Energy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Platts.

Interview

This was the absolute worst interview process I've ever had. It started out great with a phone interview. Then they asked me to come in for a 5 hour interview. This 5 hour window included 5 rounds of mini interviews with different people and then a 2 hour exam. During one of my interviews one of the managers seemed to be hitting on me, but I ignored it. Then after this 5 hour interview I had to wait 3 weeks to hear back. During these 3 weeks, I had to email the recruiter several times just to get 1 response. It was completely unprofessional to leave an interviewee hanging without any updates for 3 weeks. Then to top it all off, the manager (who acted inappropriately during my interview), added me on linked in and then messaged me asking me out on a date! I'm so grateful that I do not work at such at organization that objectives and treats women with such disrespect.

Interview Questions

• What is a project that you have completed start to finish?   Answer Question

Commodity Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at S&P Global Platts (New York, NY (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

It was alright. I would say average level. Most of the question are behavioral question. you have to really know the company, know your future responsibility and their method, which is market on close.

Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global Platts.

Interview

The interview process was lengthy, requiring several hours of personal time during the workday. The process started with an initial phone interview with a talent acquisition manager to review my resume and goals. This was followed by a second phone interview with hiring manager of approximately 45min in length. Next was an in person interview involving a two-hour writing and math assessment test, as well as a one hour interview with the hiring manager and their supervisor. Outside of a brief note acknowledging a post-interview thank you email I never heard back from the company despite several follow-up attempts.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at S&P Global Platts (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Started with one of those online webcam interviews where they ask you 3 questions and you have 3 minutes to respond after 30 seconds of prep. I honestly didn't know much about energy pricing/commodities so I prepped really hard for those questions. Was slightly disappointed when I received this questions instead simply because it was 3 "run me through your resume" questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself and what do you expect to gain from this internship   Answer Question
    • What about your academic/professional career makes you believe you'll be successful in this role   Answer Question
    • Anything else you want to tell us?   Answer Question

Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at S&P Global Platts (Houston, TX (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

It is of medium to hard level. They ask you lot of questions to get your perspective and understanding on things. You need to prepare well enough. Colleagues are very friendly though.

Interview Questions

• It was something related to programming language. They asked me how to define a trigger and how can it be used in both the calling function and sharing rules   1 Answer

Commercial Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at S&P Global Platts (Houston, TX (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

1st interview with HR - typical HR Q&A
    2nd interview with hiring manager
    3rd interview onsite meeting variety of department heads, touring office, my time with hiring manager
    4th interview with Global Commercial Executive

Must have a strong understanding of all energy commodity markets and use of benchmark data and analysis applied in daily execution of business.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.