SAGE Publishing Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

SAGE Publishing Interview Questions

Interviews at SAGE Publishing

Editorial Interview

Interview

Nice people, a bit lacking in organization. Not everyone was present. More conversational and personal than job or experience based. Spent most time with HR than actual editorial team. Pretty quick turnaround with feedback and scheduling. Free coffee.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA (US)

Application

I interviewed at SAGE Publishing (Thousand Oaks, CA (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

Disorganized and wasted my time. Had me go to HQ and then, the panel is not even prepared and had the wrong set of documents. Was advised to wait for almost 2 months and was always told that was being considered for the position.

Had I not decided to make a follow up, will not know that the position has been filled. Very disorganized.

Interview Questions

• What is the best part of the application that you would prefer?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SAGE Publishing.

Interview

Standard interview questions. I interviewed with the team of two I'd be directly working with . They were informative and seemed to have positive responses to my knowledge/background/questions ... but I did not receive a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions about previous experience in marketing.   Answer Question

Associate Publishing Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SAGE Publishing (Thousand Oaks, CA (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

The interview process was over the course of two months. I had initial phone calls with HR, as well as a video chat with a manager. Radio silence ensued for over three weeks. I had given up when the HR rep called and said the position I had initially applied for was eliminated. She thought I was well-suited for a different position, and I agreed to interview for that one at that time. Radio silence again, for three weeks. I had given up yet again when she contacted me back and set up a phone interview with the manager. The process afterward was very quick. I was brought onsite for an in-person interview. It was over the course of 3 hours and I met with 9 different people which seemed to be excessive for the position I was pursuing. I was not offered the position, but everyone seemed very nice and passionate about what they do. Which is great. The interview process was just extensive and disappointing for how long I was strung along for.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Interview

I got a call from an individual in the HR department letting me know SAGE was interested in interviewing me for the Programmer Analyst position. During the call this person said they would email me "shortly" to coordinate schedules.

A week later I get a follow up call from this HR woman stating that the hiring manager has seen my resume and wants to schedule a skype call.

At this point while trying to coordinate scheduling this HR staff member went into a really invasive line of questioning. This questioning included questions on whether I'm still interviewing elsewhere and whether I've recieved other offers and if so whether I've accepted, and if not why not and at what comp level were the offers. I told her politely that its private information, which it is, but she continued pressing for more information and not respecting my privacy, even after I politely declined to disclose. I have a right to privacy. And I have very little patience for invasive questions like the ones she was asking. It's none of her business. Point is, I was interested in the role I applied to and the role you're calling me about.

If you're not going to move me forward in the recruitment process just because I'm actively interviewing elsewhere and getting interest and offers from other companies then goodbye and good luck! Thats a poor reflection on you, not me. It's extremely unprofressional and rude to even ask such questions.

I'm not impressed with SAGE. I quicky ended the call. Please be wary of recruiters and HR staff at SAGE that have invasive questions and demand you to disclose unnecessary personal information. Its unprofessional and tacky. And dont be afraid to call it out when it happens to you.

Interview Questions

• Line of questioning: whether you're still interviewing elsewhere and whether you've recieved other offers and if so whether you've accepted, and if not why not and how much was offer?   Answer Question

Video Editor Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SAGE Publishing (Thousand Oaks, CA (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

It was done on the Computer through software. I interviewd with a lovely woman who was super friendly and made me feel very relaxed. frankly it was like talking to a friend. She and I determined that I was probably over qualified for an assistant position and so she said she would keep my resume if anything on a higher level comes up in their Video Department.

Interview Questions

• Do you know anything about Sage Publishing?   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SAGE Publishing.

Interview

I was contacted by someone in the DC office to schedule a 1:1 interview with the recruiter via video conference. The recruiter showed up 10 minutes late to the interview and then made me wait another 3-5 minutes after logging on to do something else.

I didn't have much of an issue with the waiting. The part that really flustered me was that the recruiter was typing half the time during the interview, and not even look at the camera. I didn't know if she was chatting with colleagues, writing emails, or taking notes. If taking notes, she should really inform the candidate ahead of time. Very off-putting experience.

Also, an interview is a two way street. The recruiter was acting like SAGE would be doing me a favor by hiring me. Rather, she should be supportive--and talk about how SAGE can help me with my professional goals if I perform my job well. Again, just a very strange experience. It's almost as the recruiter had written me off before the interview even started.

Interview Questions

• Describe a product that you've guided from start to finish.   Answer Question

EA Interview

Interview

This was a pretty good interview process overall. The interview felt conversational in tone and very comfortable. It was what I expected. Met with more than one person. Easy to schedule. Typical questions.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SAGE Publishing (Thousand Oaks, CA (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

The process started with me applying for a position online. I had a call with the recruiter, Skype meeting with the hiring manager, Skype meetings with the BA's and PM. Each call/meeting took at least more than a week to be scheduled. After these many rounds ( 4 ) and more than 2 months in the process I'm nowhere in knowing the status of what's next. Neither online nor the recruiters update you on it. The hiring process is a nightmare. I wish there could be a better visibility.
    Not worth the wait.

Interview Questions

• General Business Analysis Experience. Strengths ad Weakness. Handling Critical situations in the project.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SAGE Publishing.

Interview

One video screening interview, then three separate video interviews with upper management, then in person interview with a team of three, and another onsite video call with another manager. Then a final case study presentation. After all this they didn't tell me whether or not I got the position. They just stopped emailing.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.